Just back from Divina Yacht Club

kathiean

I was able to compare our YC 1 square cabin with the Royal suite since my friend was in it...I would choose the YC 1 any day. While the balcony in the Royal was HUGE, it was all metal at the bottom and unusable at sea as it was incredibly windy. The bathroom was no bigger than the YC 1 and as Skier said, the square footage is no where near as large as NCL. Even though it was only $400 more for the Royal suite in September , we opted to get 15028 again. My one year old grandson loved the balcony and as it was glass at the bottom, he spent many hours staring out at the sea. But no matter where you stay in YC, it is an incredible experience...the best cruise ever according to my family and those we made friends with...

I'd still take the YC3 for the separate bedroom closed off from the living room. Trumps glass bottom balcony for me any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had 15031, one of the square ones. More space from the end of the bed to the mirrored wall. Loved it!! Any of the YC's on 15 would be good due to the close proximity to the Top Sail. We have also been in 15016 and it was fine. Will be in 15024 in November. Will be happy to answer any questions about the YC.

As we are sailing very shortly I would love to hear about the range of food,drinks and entertainment available?

We had 15031, one of the square ones. More space from the end of the bed to the mirrored wall. Loved it!! Any of the YC's on 15 would be good due to the close proximity to the Top Sail. We have also been in 15016 and it was fine. Will be in 15024 in November. Will be happy to answer any questions about the YC.

As we are sailing very shortly I would love to hear about the range of food,drinks and entertainment in the YC? Many thanks

I would love to hear about the range of food,drinks and entertainment available in the YC ? Many thanks.

I would love to hear about the range of food,drinks and entertainment available in the YC ? Many thanks.

I have pictures of the foods at different times of day but do not post them on CC. If you would like I will be glad to send them to you by email. mabeckhamatmindspringdotcom

There was continental breakfast that included cereals, muffins, sweet rolls, cheeses and meats, yogurt, fresh fruit, coffee and juices. A hot breakfast was also available at The One Pool on deck 18.

From 11-4 there were little sandwiches, fruit, cookies, veggie sticks. Hot lunch choices were on deck 18.

From 4-5 there was High Tea served.

From 5-9 there were snacks to go with cocktails. It varied from night to night.

From 9-3 there were sweets and cakes.

The only entertainment was the pianist playing before dinner and after late dinner.

Of course, you can eat all three meals in Le Muse and also lunch in the MDR if you so choose.

Drinks were all kinds of cocktails, liqueurs, coffees, teas, and hard liquors.

Hope this helps answer your question. You will love being pampered!!

We are in that cabin and also have 15020/22/24/26 really looking forward to it. We are onboard for 14 nights so excited. There will be 3 of us in our cabin is there plenty storage space. We will probably have 5/6 suitcases. Did you find it at all noisy in the room.

Thanks Judith

We stored our small suitcases inside the larger ones and put them under the bed. There is also some space in the walk-in closet you could use. You might be tight for hanging clothes for 3 in the closet. Ask your butler for regular hangers and take out those bulky ones they use. There are several drawers under the safe that will hold a lot. Also, there is storage space in the cabinet under the TV. So you should be fine.

Cabin 15031 is directly across from the sliding entry door to your hallway (accessed by your cruise card) No noise except a few voices once in a while. One night we had some kid knocking on the door and then running away. Concierges desk has video monitors of all areas so knew who it was. Happened twice the same night.

Enjoy 15031!!:)

Hi Skier 52 - the Royal Suite Yacht Club YC3- it is more comparable in price and size to the RCL cruise you posted - here is is only $300 difference between YC1 and YC3 so brings you closer to your price and much better accommodations. So far more favourable on MSC in my book :rolleyes:

Those are the biggest yet. Usually only about $140. Difference from the YC 1.

get a corner one and you get about 600 sq.ft. ! They also have a separate shower with a lot of water jets and 2 sinks.

We had one in January and are opting for the YC 3 for our next cruise just to try it out. The rooms are a bit smaller but still totally separate. I have seen pictures of balconys but still want to try one out.

have to admit I did not miss the balcony on the YC2 like I thought I would. Windows were fantastic with a little sprinkler system that went off every morning so they were always clean.

Once you have eaten in the YC dining room it will be hard to turn back. Not only is the food better than on the rest of the ship, the staff was fantastic. Not only attentive but great sense of humor !

Hi Skier 52 - the Royal Suite Yacht Club YC3- it is more comparable in price and size to the RCL cruise you posted - here is is only $300 difference between YC1 and YC3 so brings you closer to your price and much better accommodations. So far more favourable on MSC in my book :rolleyes:

I thank you for your interesting reply and have just looked at the MSC UK web site with regard to pricings for a couple of yacht club sailings.

My findings are that the price difference between a YC1 and a YC3 on the UK site were ~ £500pp (~ $825pp) on a cruise only basis for two different itineraries.(not Divina but 2 other ships)

Obviously regional pricing has a lot to do with the results I got.

As a fan of MSC, (I have a BLACK card), I am now being put off them by their "Experiences" program.

I for one like the suites , non YC, (which are 300 sq.ft with a 100 sq. ft balcony) on deck 12 aft on Splendida and Fantasia, but find they only come with the "Aurea" package which has the completely rubbish CHEERS drinks package, in addition I have no interest in the Spa facilities.

This I find now limits my choice and I'm more likely to go on an RCI ship (I am diamond in the C and A) if the itineraries are similar.

MSC, IMHO, are no longer the good value , on European cruises at least, at the upper end of their accommodation range ie Balcony suites, and possibly YC suites as well because of their EXPERIENCES offerings.

The US sailings may well be benefiting from the aggressive pricing to aid their market entry in the Caribbean.

But I am still optimistic that there will be some good deals offered nearer the sailings as has been seen in the past, and I'll keep a look out for a good deal on a YC3.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

My DH and I are doing YC on Divina in September and wondered how much it differed from our experience on a Canaries cruise where the clientele were mostly European, which was not a problem, other than they didn't speak a great deal of English. Did people mix well in YC and could people join each other for dinner. When my DH and I were on MSC Fantasia in YC there were very few english speaking people and we tended to be the only ones in the bar at night and there was no one to pal up with and join for dinner. We enjoy getting to know people from different areas and finding out the differences. We loved the YC theme which is why we are going back and will be interested to see what the differences are on the other side of the pond as it were. One of the things I loved about YC was the packing and unpacking, it was so great to get on a ship and not be bothered with that chore but to go straight to the bar and start the holiday.

Hi - I just thought I'd share my experience in Yacht club. It was fantastic and I long for yacht club again but with an autistic daughter who needs her own room it very difficult to get an executive or royal suite with a separate bedroom. When we did yacht club there were about 30 Australians, 1 German couple who spoke English. One American solo gent and an Italian couple with two small children who were on their honeymoon. Only the Italians did not join in we all gathered in the Top Sail Lounge and had a great time.

I thank you for your interesting reply and have just looked at the MSC UK web site with regard to pricings for a couple of yacht club sailings.

My findings are that the price difference between a YC1 and a YC3 on the UK site were ~ £500pp (~ $825pp) on a cruise only basis for two different itineraries.(not Divina but 2 other ships)

Obviously regional pricing has a lot to do with the results I got.

As a fan of MSC, (I have a BLACK card), I am now being put off them by their "Experiences" program.

I for one like the suites , non YC, (which are 300 sq.ft with a 100 sq. ft balcony) on deck 12 aft on Splendida and Fantasia, but find they only come with the "Aurea" package which has the completely rubbish CHEERS drinks package, in addition I have no interest in the Spa facilities.

This I find now limits my choice and I'm more likely to go on an RCI ship (I am diamond in the C and A) if the itineraries are similar.

MSC, IMHO, are no longer the good value , on European cruises at least, at the upper end of their accommodation range ie Balcony suites, and possibly YC suites as well because of their EXPERIENCES offerings.

The US sailings may well be benefiting from the aggressive pricing to aid their market entry in the Caribbean.

But I am still optimistic that there will be some good deals offered nearer the sailings as has been seen in the past, and I'll keep a look out for a good deal on a YC3.

Pete

Hi Pete - that is so different to here - here being Australia - I have just booked an S3 suite for our next cruise (seperate bedroom non yacht club) it is costing less than $4000 for an 11 night cruise for three of us. No spa facilities or package in site. Just the suite and the usual trimmings of everyone else. My experience is that the YC2 and YC3 suites go very quickly - I couldnt book one on any of the cruises I looked at because they were all sold out.

Edited by Janet&Carl

This I find now limits my choice

Pete

I have to agree with you, Pete, that these new pricing structures are very limiting. I got to Gold card on my last cruise and was going to go all out to get to Black but I now find myself considering other cruise lines due to these changes.

One of the ways of accumulating points is onboard spend. If spa packages, drinks packages, etc are included in the cruise price (also prepaid gratuities are now being offered by TAs which also reduces the onboard spend qualifying for points) the number of points awarded will only be the same as the number of nights of the cruise. This means that someone paying for a Bella "Experience" will qualify for the same points as someone paying for the Aurea one.

It does make sense that better cabins be priced accordingly but to force people to pay extra for "inclusive" rubbish drinks packages like the Cheers one and the spa packages, which I too have no interest in, to avail of these cabins is, to say the least, offputting.

Hi - I just thought I'd share my experience in Yacht club. It was fantastic and I long for yacht club again but with an autistic daughter who needs her own room it very difficult to get an executive or royal suite with a separate bedroom. When we did yacht club there were about 30 Australians, 1 German couple who spoke English. One American solo gent and an Italian couple with two small children who were on their honeymoon. Only the Italians did not join in we all gathered in the Top Sail Lounge and had a great time.

Thank you so much for this we are really excited about experiencing the YC again, especially as we will be away for our 35th Wedding Anniversary on 29th September. I hope we can meet up with a great crowd and would love it if some Australians were there as we have had some great cruises with them, although my head wasn't always that special the next day!!