Skagway help

csr10236

In doing my research for this port I wanted to do the yukon pass excursion via train/bus. I was looking at chilkot charters tours and realized this excursion doesn't run on Mondays. And it seems other tours don't run on Mondays either. We will be in Skagway on Monday, August the 11th. I really didn't want to take a ships tour because of the size. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

In doing my research for this port I wanted to do the yukon pass excursion via train/bus. I was looking at chilkot charters tours and realized this excursion doesn't run on Mondays. And it seems other tours don't run on Mondays either. We will be in Skagway on Monday, August the 11th. I really didn't want to take a ships tour because of the size. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Either rent a car or a Green Jeep and drive up to Emerald Lake and visit Carcross!! We will be doing that in mid-July!! Easy directions with only 2 main roads in and out of Skagway!:cool: Take as much or as little time as you need on your own!! Have fun!!:D

Easy directions with only 2 main roads in and out of Skagway!

Directions are even easier - there's only one main road out of Skagway. The sideroad to Dyea goes a little way out, but it's far from being a main road.

Either rent a car or a Green Jeep and drive up to Emerald Lake and visit Carcross!! We will be doing that in mid-July!! Easy directions with only 2 main roads in and out of Skagway!:cool: Take as much or as little time as you need on your own!! Have fun!!:D

Another recent post also claimed there are 2 roads, there is only 1 main road.

This recommendation, is not including the train, which this poster wants.

Edited by Budget Queen

This tour runs every day according to their booking request form. It's the Lake Bennett train that doesn't run on Mondays. Two different tours.

This tour runs every day according to their booking request form. It's the Lake Bennett train that doesn't run on Mondays. Two different tours.

Yes you're correct, budget queen. That was the excursion I was originally looking at. Looking closer at their web page I did discover I have other options! :) thanks for your help.