Decisions decisions

Freedom2014

Okay. I know I said I would not do carnival again...but it's just so tempting lol I have a choice between carnival victory or royal carribean enchantment of the seas.

Carnival victory : 5 days 1900 ocean view Nassau , private island and Turks and cacos.

RCCL: 3 days small interior 1300, Nassau coco cay

Help please. That carnival cruise we will be gold

To me, it's Carnival all the way. But I don't have enough information why you don't think so too. I don't know why you say "Carnival never again". So what can I say to convince you to go with carnival again?

Maybe it is the Carnival is only $1900 for 5 days ($380/ day) compared to RC at $1300 for 3 days ($433/ day)? Maybe that the Carnival room has a view, and the RC doesn't? Maybe that the Carnival has 3 ports and the RC has 2? I don't know. Tough decision.

Edited by HawkIVette

To me, it's Carnival all the way. But I don't have enough information why you don't think so too. I don't know why you say "Carnival never again". So what can I say to convince you to go with carnival again?

Maybe it is the Carnival is only $1900 for 5 days ($380/ day) compared to RC at $1300 for 3 days ($433/ day)? Maybe that the Carnival room has a view, and the RC doesn't? Maybe that the Carnival has 3 ports and the RC has 2? I don't know. Tough decision.

I know. It's just we always end up sailing carnival. And we wanted to try something new and the carnival price is 2500 but we have a discounted rate due to problems on our last cruise.

Let me ask you this. How many times have you sailed Carnival? As you can see, I have sailed carnival 10 times in 12 years and have only had 1 bad experience with them. That's not a bad record. And I still sail them because of the great value I find with them. Especially if they gave me a discount because of a bad experience with a previous cruise.

But, it is good to try new things. Go with the RC cruise, and then you will know if they are right for you.

But if it were me, I would still go with the Carnival, because the numbers look better and they haven't burned me yet.

Let me ask you this. How many times have you sailed Carnival? As you can see, I have sailed carnival 10 times in 12 years and have only had 1 bad experience with them. That's not a bad record. And I still sail them because of the great value I find with them. Especially if they gave me a discount because of a bad experience with a previous cruise.

But, it is good to try new things. Go with the RC cruise, and then you will know if they are right for you.

But if it were me, I would still go with the Carnival, because the numbers look better and they haven't burned me yet.

This would be my 7th with carnival and second with RCCL

For the two cruises you have listed, personally, I would choose the 5-day Carnival over the 3-day Royal Caribbean. I find one of the great advantages of

Royal Caribbean to be their ships, but the Enchantment is one of the oldest and smallest. I would choose five days, an ocean view, and an additional port of call over an interior cabin on the Enchantment any day.

That being said - have you looked into Norwegian? I have found them to be putting out an exceptional product lately for a very competitive price (Princess also). You say that you always cruise Carnival and want to try something different - Norwegian has ships sailing out of Miami (now year-round) and Tampa. This spring, the Epic (the third-largest ship in the world) was starting as low as $379 for an interior on a 7-day cruise. My sister just sailed on the Norwegian Dawn out of Tampa and can honestly say that NCL has stepped up their game fleet-wide and that their product is top-notch.

Not trying to be snarky, but I don't think you'll be happy either way between these two. My reasons for saying this is (1) your not happy with carnival (why put salt in wound so soon) and (2) a 3 day with any line is not worth it in my opinion.

Whatever you decide, its really what will make you and your family happy. Happy cruising!

I would pick the 5 day Carnival. I do like RCI but I don't think I would like Enchantment as it is an older, smaller ship. I also don't think I would enjoy a 3 day. I would just be getting into the cruise and relaxing, enjoying myself and then have to pack up my stuff to come home. To me it just isn't worth the packing and travel time just for 3 days.

Not trying to be snarky, but I don't think you'll be happy either way between these two. My reasons for saying this is (1) your not happy with carnival (why put salt in wound so soon) and (2) a 3 day with any line is not worth it in my opinion.

Whatever you decide, its really what will make you and your family happy. Happy cruising!

Yes short cruises are not what we want. We are just trying to get away quickly because we just got off a 7 day cruise on Saturday. I am very torn as what to do. Royal carribbeans sale free ended I should of booked the 5 day it would of been cheaper then carnival.

I would pick the 5 day Carnival. I do like RCI but I don't think I would like Enchantment as it is an older, smaller ship. I also don't think I would enjoy a 3 day. I would just be getting into the cruise and relaxing, enjoying myself and then have to pack up my stuff to come home. To me it just isn't worth the packing and travel time just for 3 days.

Yes. But the port is only 45 mins away that was another nice thing

Frankly, depending on your "discount", I would use it where it's the biggest advantage. That doesn't include these short cruises for me.

I never want any short cruises, and certainly not a sailing loaded with some crappy ports.

Being this is not your priority and the priority seems to be "get away", you want something new, you only have 2 choices listed, then it would seem RCI meets those preferences?

Finally, I wouldn't be looking at a random message board to "help" me make any cruise decisions. :)

Frankly, depending on your "discount", I would use it where it's the biggest advantage. That doesn't include these short cruises for me.

I never want any short cruises, and certainly not a sailing loaded with some crappy ports.

Being this is not your priority and the priority seems to be "get away", you want something new, you only have 2 choices listed, then it would seem RCI meets those preferences?

Finally, I wouldn't be looking at a random message board to "help" me make any cruise decisions. :)

Ha very true. I actually think I'm going to just do breeze 6 night western we can get it for 2400

We felt the same way our last 4 cruises had been with Carnival so this Feb we tried RCCL Adventure of the Seas. Even though we had a great time we are heading back to Carnival next Feb. Carnival has what we like and Royal is just not worth the extra $$ to me. So I am picking Carnival 5 day. I agree with others, 3 day cruise is not really worth it.

Have a great trip on whatever ship you choose...

If the Victory 'private island' is HMC, jump on the sailing! We enjoyed the ship overall, a nice size. Hard to compare it to the smaller RCCL one since larger ships tend to have more bells & whistles.

Yes short cruises are not what we want. We are just trying to get away quickly because we just got off a 7 day cruise on Saturday. I am very torn as what to do. Royal carribbeans sale free ended I should of booked the 5 day it would of been cheaper then carnival.

How soon would you be sailing? If it's close to final payment date, why not wait and take advantage of potential price drops? If you are 100% sure of time period you want to sail, why not check out the mega TA discounters that advertise here for RCCL deals? We jumped on a Celebrity 123 promo a month or so ago, but they always seem to have great deals especially on RCCL via either discounted fares, prepaid gratutites, specialty dining, etc. You might find savings enough to consider cruises that are more pricey via your current search.

I know. It's just we always end up sailing carnival. And we wanted to try something new and the carnival price is 2500 but we have a discounted rate due to problems on our last cruise.

So, you're talking a $600 discount? Must've been quite an issue. Is it something you can easily get past and sail CCL again?

Edited by keishashadow

If the Victory 'private island' is HMC, jump on the sailing! We enjoyed the ship overall, a nice size. Hard to compare it to the smaller RCCL one since larger ships tend to have more bells & whistles.

How soon would you be sailing? If it's close to final payment date, why not wait and take advantage of potential price drops? If you are 100% sure of time period you want to sail, why not check out the mega TA discounters that advertise here for RCCL deals? We jumped on a Celebrity 123 promo a month or so ago, but they always seem to have great deals especially on RCCL via either discounted fares, prepaid gratutites, specialty dining, etc. You might find savings enough to consider cruises that are more pricey via your current search.

So, you're talking a $600 discount? Must've been quite an issue. Is it something you can easily get past and sail CCL again?

We are sailing July. And our cabin was loud at night from the kitchen they couldn't move us the ship was full. And they came in several times and heard the noise. So they took 400 off our bill and gave us a 15% future discount.

Without a doubt go with the Carnival Victory. A stop in Half Moon Cay is worth the cruise itself.....it is beautiful there. Grand Turk is pretty amazing as well.

I am actually looking at this same itinerary for a 5-day cruise in October

Without a doubt go with the Carnival Victory. A stop in Half Moon Cay is worth the cruise itself.....it is beautiful there. Grand Turk is pretty amazing as well.

I am actually looking at this same itinerary for a 5-day cruise in October

The carnival freedom has the same itinerary as well. I have done that same route on the destiny in 2011

The carnival freedom has the same itinerary as well. I have done that same route on the destiny in 2011

Oh yeah. Is the itinerary for October?? I have always wanted to cruise over my birthday so that's why I was looking at the Victory itinerary. The Carnival Freedom is going in for a long dry dock soon to get all the 2.0 upgrades

Oh yeah. Is the itinerary for October?? I have always wanted to cruise over my birthday so that's why I was looking at the Victory itinerary. The Carnival Freedom is going in for a long dry dock soon to get all the 2.0 upgrades

I don't see why the itinerary would not be for oct. As well I am looking in july