Should traveling companions share a policy?

chaucer642

My friend and I are planning to buy the same policy. She lives in CA and I live in CT. We will be cruising on Celebrity in Europe in October. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to putting us both on the same policy? Or does it make sense to buy separate policies?

Thanks in advance for your input.

My friend and I are planning to buy the same policy. She lives in CA and I live in CT. We will be cruising on Celebrity in Europe in October. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to putting us both on the same policy? Or does it make sense to buy separate policies?

Purely for ease of reporting in case you have an incident, it might make sense for you both to be with the same carrier since you could presumably report both on the same phone call. I would let the individual terms that suit you both guide your decisions.

Many people here use insuremytrip.com

They have helpful representatives who can help guide you with your questions and decisions. We use them and have been very please with them.

Since you live in different states you should be on separate policies as the actual terms of coverage may be different. You want to be sure that what you're buying really applies to you.