Maasdam cabin numbers change in May

slabeaume

Our BB guarantee just came available for our April 11 cruise. We were put in an A suite. Curiously enough, in May, that A suite becomes a BC suite! With that suite being cheaper then the BB suites. Seems strange it would go from an A to a BC. A week later that guarantee would be a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

Our BB guarantee just came available for our April 11 cruise. We were put in an A suite. Curiously enough, in May, that A suite becomes a BC suite! With that suite being cheaper then the BB suites. Seems strange it would go from an A to a BC. A week later that guarantee would be a downgrade instead of an upgrade.

The changes are fleet wide. The cabin numbers are not changing. The change is in the category of the cabin.

We have an upcoming back to back in the same cabin. It will be an SS for the first cruise and an SY for the second cruise. The cabin number remains the same.

We have an upcoming back to back in the same cabin. It will be an SS for the first cruise and an SY for the second cruise. The cabin number remains the same.

Was the price the same for both, or did it go down?

We booked a guarantee last Spring, also a BB, but the FCC on board gave us a stateroom number. She said it might change, but probably would be an upgrade. Later, checking for changes, I noticed that after May 1, the stateroom would become an A. Alright, there's my upgrade! Now, however, the room is now back to being a BB after May 1, so I'm just wondering what may happen! Prices have been going down, but they still haven't reached the guarantee price we paid. I can't quite figure out what they are up to!:)

We booked a guarantee last Spring, also a BB, but the FCC on board gave us a stateroom number. She said it might change, but probably would be an upgrade. Later, checking for changes, I noticed that after May 1, the stateroom would become an A. Alright, there's my upgrade! Now, however, the room is now back to being a BB after May 1, so I'm just wondering what may happen! Prices have been going down, but they still haven't reached the guarantee price we paid. I can't quite figure out what they are up to!:)

The FCC on board (who I would personally never book with) could not have booked you a guarantee cabin category and then assigned a stateroom number. That's not how guarantee bookings work. FCC's on board HAL ships are not known to be "correct" in what they tell passengers. If you received a stateroom number, you did not book a guarantee cabin.

The FCC on board (who I would personally never book with) could not have booked you a guarantee cabin category and then assigned a stateroom number. That's not how guarantee bookings work. FCC's on board HAL ships are not known to be "correct" in what they tell passengers. If you received a stateroom number, you did not book a guarantee cabin.

Very strange - well, I guess then we must have paid a "guarantee" price, and somehow got an assigned cabin. We'll see what happens in October. (BTW, our TA also got us the explore4 promo added, after the fact.)

I would never use the FCCs onboard to book my cruise. I purchase a Future Cruise Deposit certificate (FCD) which gives me some OBC, then wait at home for my Welcome Home email from HAL (2-3 weeks later) which offers more OBC if I book with 45 days.

This way I can take my time at home to search out the cruise and deals and not waste my cruise time doing this. Plus, my PCC seems to know alot more about HAL than the FCCs do.

DaveOKC

I would never use the FCCs onboard to book my cruise. I purchase a Future Cruise Deposit certificate (FCD) which gives me some OBC, then wait at home for my Welcome Home email from HAL (2-3 weeks later) which offers more OBC if I book with 45 days.

This way I can take my time at home to search out the cruise and deals and not waste my cruise time doing this. Plus, my PCC seems to know alot more about HAL than the FCCs do.

DaveOKC

That's what we did. And, yes, looks like the cabin numbers stayed the same, just the categories changed. Just seems like a big drop going from a category A to a category BC. Glad I didn't pay the A price for it!