Bermuda CC Tell me why??

beachjulie

CC rooms on Summit are larger than the standard balcony rooms. The rear facing rooms have larger balconies than the norm.

I don't really agree with that, and if they are, you would need a ruler to find the differences. Summit was built pre-concierge and some of their rooms are less desirable imho.

If you are chasing after Captains club points and the cost is only slightly more than a balcony I would consider it.

However for me, Captain's Club points are not an issue and on Summit I would only do Concierge if the price was the same as a balcony or very close, and sometimes they are.

The afternoon canapés are nothing, the bottle of sparkling wine is nice, but not worth more than 30, and the better beach bag is worth about 10 dollars to me....

Edited by cherylroslyn

I don't really agree with that, and if they are, you would need a ruler to find the differences. Summit was built pre-concierge and some of their rooms are less desirable imho.

If you are chasing after Captains club points and the cost is only slightly more than a balcony I would consider it.

However for me, Captain's Club points are not an issue and on Summit I would only do Concierge if the price was the same as a balcony or very close, and sometimes they are.

The afternoon canapés are nothing, the bottle of sparkling wine is nice, but not worth more than 30, and the better beach bag is worth about 10 dollars to me....

I agree with all of this. We cruised Aqua Class, which might as well have been CC, on Summit last August. The room was no bigger than the balcony room next door. The perk we liked the most was bottled water.

Concierge rooms on the Summit are a little longer than non-concierge rooms. The concierge rooms have a regular length sofa; the regular rooms have kind of a love seat length sofa. The difference in the sofas is the difference in the length of the cabin.

My main recommendation would be to avoid deck 9 balconies on the sides of the ship, whether CC or not, as they sit directly under a large overhang.

Edited by ILCruiser

You are correct; Summit was built pre-concierge class> however, the rooms that are noe CC, used to be Cat. 1A, B, & C & were listed as 191 sq. ft., whereas standard balcony rooms were listed @ 170 sq.ft. When they came out with CC class, the brochures listed the CC @ 204 sq. ft. I guess they grew with the new marketing.:rolleyes: Anyway, if you check the deck plans, you will see that the CC class is larger. As far as the other CC perks, some appreciate them & some don't.

concierge cabins on Millenium class ships are 191 sq ft vs 170 sq ft for a regular balcony not counting the balcony sq ,in either case

Yep, that's what they used to say. The last 2 brochures I have (still enjoy thumbing through them) now list CC class as 204 sq. ft. + balcony. Granted, it's only 20 sq. ft., but it does make the room a little more comfortable.