best beach location for the day for families with teens

Sadie cruiser

Last summer, we walked through the port and turned right. You walk along the sidewalk that runs along the ocean. We came across Paradise cafe where you can snorkel. They also have a water trampoline. My husband and I ordered drinks and waited in the cafe. There are outdoor chairs but there is no shade. I tried to swim out to the trampoline, but didn't make it. The current was strong (you can't see it and it looks calm) and I didn't have on flippers. If you do this, make sure your teens are strong swimmers and have flippers. It didn't give anyone else trouble; I know I am out of shape. I just want to warn people like myself. My kids had an underwater camera and took amazing pictures. There are these huge fish that the restaurant feeds. I couldn't get them off the trampoline! This place is so convenient; it just isn't a beach.

The summer before that, we took our 3 teens to 7 mile beach. It was beautiful and you can touch the bottom, so I had no problems. You can bring a towel and relax, snorkel and swim. But, you do take a cab or bus here. For us, it was $5 a person each way in a van. It was free to get in.