New menu lacking good desserts!

joe7670

We always found the selection of desserts disappointing. The warm melting chocolate cake was too rich...the bitter-n-blanc was like dried croutons on top...we would either order the banana split off the kid's menu, go to the cafe for their much superior carrot cake, or order room service chocolate cake.

The Glory and Liberty still have the old, new menus. The Inspiration and Imagination have the new, new menus which have the creme brulee on the 4-night menus. These changes still need to be ported back to the 7-night dessert menus.

The Glory and Liberty still have the old, new menus. The Inspiration and Imagination have the new, new menus which have the creme brulee on the 4-night menus. These changes still need to be ported back to the 7-night dessert menus.

Is the crème brulee on the 4th night? We didn't go to the dining room that night and we didn't have it the other 3 nights (or I would have ordered it!).

I find the warm melting cake a little too rich also, but I enjoy the bitter-n-blanc as long as the bring the sauce when they bring the dessert to the table and both at hot. The creme brûlée has been warm to cold, and I sent it back for pie or just ice cream.

Supposedly you can ask for the souffles and they will make them. The pies were rather good.

Knowing this, is they aren't on the menu next time I'll sure be asking them. Only 352 days to go!

Yep, cheese plate wasn't on the menu but still existed cause one night I asked for a dessert and somehow the waiter understood cheese cause that's what he brought...

It was on the dessert menu on the Imagination over Valentine's Day.

They've been reworking the new menu. Just wish they'd rework the physical size of the dinner menu. It's very awkward.

The one thing I liked about Princess more than Carnival was the dinner/dessert menu in the MDR and seriously the selections were amazing. I loved souflee and I could get it on Princess every night if I wanted it, and it was ON THE MENU and I didn't have to ask a waiter and feel like I was making a special request. And every night they were different variations too, they were delicious. Why oh why did they decrease their selections? My last cruise I was on I felt like there weren't enough selections and this was before the new menu....Sorry but I don't want Melting cake every night!

We always found the selection of desserts disappointing. The warm melting chocolate cake was too rich...the bitter-n-blanc was like dried croutons on top...we would either order the banana split off the kid's menu, go to the cafe for their much superior carrot cake, or order room service chocolate cake.

We do the same - banana split. We were on Liberty for a B2B with the new menu. I'd look at the dessert menu and then 10 out of 14 days ordered the banana split.

However, the first wk we had a banana split made with 1/2 of a banana cut in half & 3 small scoops of ice cream. The next week they'd revised the children's menu (with a new photo to follow) and the banana split was made with 1/4 of a banana cut in half & one larger scoop of neopolitan ice cream. The hostess was at our table visiting with us when the asst. waiter brought it to us. She told the head waiter to get the bigger banana split for us in the future.

The bigger one was served to me again the last night with candles for my birthday. She also arranged for me to have strawberry bisque & creme brule as a special treat.

DSC06163-001.jpg.6a1373051ebb892e6ccc255840c9cd0d.jpg

DSC06232.jpg.46c53caf53560026a2e2d492d6951f5f.jpg

I like crème brulee and my friend likes soufflé. On our last 6 day cruise last October we had the soufflé, but not the CB. We are sailing the Sunshine in 2 weeks. On an 8 day cruise, I hope to have both !!!

p.s. I'm getting 2 CB's !! ;)

Cheese & crackers for an appetizer, yes.

Cheese for dessert? Uh, NOOOO.

A cheese plate is a traditional old-school dessert. They go particularly well with many digestifs, especially brandy and other fortified wines.

I am one of those who enjoy the cheese plate for dessert, but especially with a glass of port wine.

I have on occasion ordered it and taken the plate back to my room for a late night snack.

Cheese as dessert is something I learned from my grandfather. He had an odd expression about it being an post meal wish for the stomach to be "done". :)

Cheese for dessert? Uh, NOOOO.

I like wine with dinner, but DW doesn't drink. I usually buy one bottle of wine one night and drink half of it. The next night, I'll try to finish the other half. If I have wine left over, either in the bottle or in my glass, after the entree course, I will routinely order a cheese plate for dessert. Those cheeses, especially with a red wine, are the perfect ending to an evening meal.