any one else not pre-selected for dining on quantum?

:( I wasn't preselected for dining and am afraid There won't be anything left. The capacity seems a little low at around 1900. People are already saying they couldn't get their preferred times. I don't want this to be like NCL breakaway where you might end up waiting for 2 hours for dinner if you can't get a reservation. I also don't want to be told You must eat before 6:00 of after 9:00 . I thought vacations were suppose to be fun not stressful. I am I worrying over nothing?

I posted that I couldn't get a specific time. In my case, I was booking for a party of 5, which is always difficult, even outside of Royal Caribbean. And it was for Coastal Kitchen, which has more limited availability than the other 'free' restaurants.

To be exact, it was the last two nights of an 8 night cruise that I was trying to book, and I could only get 8:30pm on either night. I like to eat around 6:30pm so that was not good for me. Others might have been happy with that.

I wouldn't worry that restaurants will fill up before you can book as the other 4, from what I have read, have capacity of ~400 each. Plus, they will be saving some times for onboard booking (some people do not book in advance online).

Right now, I think they just want to know what people are thinking regarding bookings. They may have only released very limited time slots to begin with. We don't know. I think it is a testing phase to determine the best way to handle future reservations. It was all very new to the agent I spoke with, and he said that things were still evolving. So I wouldn't worry too much.

I posted that I couldn't get a specific time. In my case, I was booking for a party of 5, which is always difficult, even outside of Royal Caribbean. And it was for Coastal Kitchen, which has more limited availability than the other 'free' restaurants.

To be exact, it was the last two nights of an 8 night cruise that I was trying to book, and I could only get 8:30pm on either night. I like to eat around 6:30pm so that was not good for me. Others might have been happy with that.

I wouldn't worry that restaurants will fill up before you can book as the other 4, from what I have read, have capacity of ~400 each. Plus, they will be saving some times for onboard booking (some people do not book in advance online).

Right now, I think they just want to know what people are thinking regarding bookings. They may have only released very limited time slots to begin with. We don't know. I think it is a testing phase to determine the best way to handle future reservations. It was all very new to the agent I spoke with, and he said that things were still evolving. So I wouldn't worry too much.

With all respect you can feel like it won't be a problem. You got to book what you want. Those of us not selected are concerned that times are filling up and we will get the leftovers. As I stated on a different thread if it becomes a problem when we try to book after May 15 we may just cancel. Not worth all the hassle. Vacations are suppose to be fun. RC states at a public function that reservations open May 15 and now MANY people got to book early. Once again they changed the rules once the game started.

:( I wasn't preselected for dining and am afraid There won't be anything left. The capacity seems a little low at around 1900. People are already saying they couldn't get their preferred times. I don't want this to be like NCL breakaway where you might end up waiting for 2 hours for dinner if you can't get a reservation. I also don't want to be told You must eat before 6:00 of after 9:00 . I thought vacations were suppose to be fun not stressful. I am I worrying over nothing?

I wasn't selected but did try calling last night and couldn't get them to reserve for me. I'm not too concerned about eating at 8:00 or 8:30 I plan on attending the later shows so later dinner reservations will work fine for me.

With all respect you can feel like it won't be a problem. You got to book what you want. Those of us not selected are concerned that times are filling up and we will get the leftovers. As I stated on a different thread if it becomes a problem when we try to book after May 15 we may just cancel. Not worth all the hassle. Vacations are suppose to be fun. RC states at a public function that reservations open May 15 and now MANY people got to book early. Once again they changed the rules once the game started.

Someone asked if they should worry. I gave my opinion. I did not mean to irritate you. Many people have subsequently posted that they booked all their preferred times with no problem. Since I am a party of 5, I think it is harder, and I tried to explain that.

If I was not pre-selected, yes, I would be annoyed. I am D+ and booked an expensive suite and if they told me the suite restaurant was unavailable, I would complain, loudly.

But I can't see them having to tell a suite customer that they will not be able to book a suite restaurant, so I am guessing that they have released only very limited times to see how people will book.

I think it was dumb of them to randomize early booking. If they wanted to limit people calling in, they should have released only a couple of sailings, for everyone to book. In this age of social media and community forums, word is going to get out, and people are going to get angry when they see someone else getting something they aren't getting.

In terms of not getting my specific time, I was looking to eat at Wonderland at 8, but that was filled up, so I was offered 7:30, 8:15, 8:30, etc. It seems that they are staggering a lot of the dining. Wonderland also has a small dining room compared to others.

I think that they may be holding spots and not allowing preselect to take them all. I think that they are using this specifically to judge interest.

I do agree that it wasn't handled in the best way.

I think that they may be holding spots and not allowing preselect to take them all. I think that they are using this specifically to judge interest.

I do agree that it wasn't handled in the best way.

Yes to all of the above.

If I was not pre-selected, yes, I would be annoyed. I am D+ and booked an expensive suite and if they told me the suite restaurant was unavailable, I would complain, loudly.

Especially since they are allowing non-suite guests who have been pre-selected to book Coastal Kitchen prior to May 15th. So much for exclusivity.

Especially since they are allowing non-suite guests who have been pre-selected to book Coastal Kitchen prior to May 15th. So much for exclusivity.

I didn't get that impression. When I went to book it, the agent asked me if I was in a suite because it was "JS and above, only".

If I remember correctly, on Disney, the rotational dining was set. For example, you had to rotate on a schedule, you could not pick all of one restaurant. So I am surprised that Royal is allowing people to book all the same restaurant if they want to. I think that is going to lead to some people not being able to book their preferred rotation.

I do think that there can be too much choice.

I didn't get that impression. When I went to book it, the agent asked me if I was in a suite because it was "JS and above, only".

If I remember correctly, on Disney, the rotational dining was set. For example, you had to rotate on a schedule, you could not pick all of one restaurant. So I am surprised that Royal is allowing people to book all the same restaurant if they want to. I think that is going to lead to some people not being able to book their preferred rotation.

I do think that there can be too much choice.

From our 11/23/2014 Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42298892&postcount=3929

Maybe that's why my times were limited on some nights. I wasn't offered 7:45, 8:15, 8:30, etc, I was offered 8:30 only.

If it is for suites, it should be for suites. They are just annoying those who can't prebook even more than they have to.

I am booked in a D for the Nov 21 cruise. I wasn't going to bother prebooking dinner but I am going to call and ask now. I'll let you know what they say.

Ok I just called. She said I was eligible to prebook. I asked about Coastal. She said, 'sorry but you have to be in a JS or above'. I said, 'people on the internet are saying I can book it'. So she looked again and said yes, I can book that for you.

Edited by marci22

Maybe that's why my times were limited on some nights. I wasn't offered 7:45, 8:15, 8:30, etc, I was offered 8:30 only.

If it is for suites, it should be for suites. They are just annoying those who can't prebook even more than they have to.

I am booked in a D for the Nov 21 cruise. I wasn't going to bother prebooking dinner but I am going to call and ask now. I'll let you know what they say.

Ok I just called. She said I was eligible to prebook. I asked about Coastal. She said, 'sorry but you have to be in a JS or above'. I said, 'people on the internet are saying I can book it'. So she looked again and said yes, I can book that for you.

They only added Coastal Kitchen for non suite guests to the prebooking schedule yesterday, you only have 3 more days that it will be available for those selected to pre book then it will revert to Suite guests only.

They only added Coastal Kitchen for non suite guests to the prebooking schedule yesterday, you only have 3 more days that it will be available for those selected to pre book then it will revert to Suite guests only.

I guess they are trying to estimate demand.

If I was a non-suite prebooker that didn't book Coastal yet I would go in and change it. You can always change out of it.

Edited by marci22

If I was a non-suite prebooker that didn't book Coastal yet I would go in and change it. You can always change out of it.

We are in a JS so I did book Coastal, but I agree that those who are not in a suite should book. If you are someone who never books a suite, this might be your one and only chance to eat there. It would be a great treat for those passengers, if they like the menu.

Yes some have done that.

My family who are in a SJS on 11/23 Inaugural didn't get selected for prebooking but I expect there will be spaces/times kept back ..they are not worrying about it.

thank you all for responding. I was freaking out since right now nothing is going right in my life. I too think this is a trial balloon to see if all restaurants are equally in demand since I think they cut the capacity close. I don't think this will be successful if people can't eat in all the dinning room close to their ideal times. If this trial period shows problems they can fix it before May. I think they are counting on people going to the pay restaurants but since the free menus are so new and exciting I now I am going to be content just to eat here IF I get reservations. I am booked in early December and am afraid all the bugs might not be worked out. I would be less worried if my trip was later since I am sure they can and will make adjustments as they go on. On thought if a lot of people can't get reservations and not enough people are going to the specialty ones is to offer everybody one free night. I guess right now all I can do is wait.

Thanks again

Unbelievable!! :rolleyes::eek:

Sounds like an extended "blue light special" at one of our K-Mart stores!

We are in a JS so I did book Coastal, but I agree that those who are not in a suite should book. If you are someone who never books a suite, this might be your one and only chance to eat there. It would be a great treat for those passengers, if they like the menu.

Then why identify it as "For Suite Guests" only.:confused:

Edited by cruisenfever

I have to say I think it's extremely unfair that only certain non-suite guests are allowed to book Coastal Kitchen. If it's a suite only restaurant, it should stay that way. Otherwise, let whomever wants to book it, do so. Especially since the random pre-selection wasn't based on C & A status.

Unbelievable!! :rolleyes::eek:

Sounds like an extended "blue light special" at one of our K-Mart stores!

We are in a Superior GS and I wouldn't be too happy if I couldn't book Coastal Kitchen (or even get in) if non-suite guests were able to book or get in before us.

Pat

Okay so I got curious and call the Crown & Anchor # and we are able to pre-book ahead of the 5/15 date so our next task is to figure out where /when we want to eat. We want to do Chops the 1st night & I inquired about what is opened and the times are good (so far).

Since we are in a SGS w/the large balcony we are also going to take advantage of eating outside maybe 2 nights - I did ask if he knew what the "Full Size Dining Room Menu" we can choose from for the Room Service but he didn't have that information yet - he did say a lot of people asked that question too.

Pat

I have to say I think it's extremely unfair that only certain non-suite guests are allowed to book Coastal Kitchen. If it's a suite only restaurant, it should stay that way. Otherwise, let whomever wants to book it, do so.

Maybe it's not booking as expected. So they open it up for a few days to all prebookers to see who books it.

Then they might offer it to non-suites as an upcharge. I'm thinking like a bean counter.

They are probably limiting available reservations right now so that when they open it up to everyone, there is still good availability. There really are not that many preselectors as compared to the actual number of people who will be sailing. If all slots were available, no preselector would have run into any lack of availability.