Kids club

GOLDENBONNY

We're sailing on April 12 on the Reflection with two children. I'll try to make note of the details and post a review when I return. The Fun Factory info is a little sparse.

Here is a link to a 2 year old itinerary that has some good details around the Fun Factory schedule:

http://www.sjajg.com/travel/cruise2012B/Summit_2012_Bermuda/Summit_Bermuda_2012.html

As the previous poster said you can find the hours on the website. The hours are usually longer on sea days. My kids have used them but they are teenagers and once they found kids to hang out with they usually spent their own time together rather than in the teen center. When they were younger they really liked it for the most part. They are 2 years apart and until they became teens they were always separated because of the age groups. They didn't like that part too much.

Just got off Silhouette with our 7 year old. Writing a family based review is on tap for this weekend.

Not sure what time exactly they open in the morning as we aren't morning people(7 I think). They are open (free) with the exception of 12-2 and 5-7 in the evening. If your child is there during those hours it is $6 per hour and they will bring them to the buffet to eat. After 10 PM is $6 per hour as well.

Out son loved it but it is entirely different experience than the kids clubs on DCL or RCCL.

Generally it is open 9 am to 10 pm closed around lunch and dinner. They do not pick up kids but depending on age (around 9 or 10) with parental permission they can sign themselves in/out. Great program, my DS has cruised 3 times on Celebrity, 4 th coming up soon and loves it. Any specific questions I will try and answer.

There is a kids dinner every night except the night of embarkation. You need to drop your child off at 5PM for the kid's dinner (it is $12 per child). They ask you to sign up during the day time though- so they know how many children to expect. There is also a kid's lunch on port days from 12-2 ($12 per child).

Wake, I really look forward to your review!!!!!

When we sail reflection in November, my kids will be 7 and 8.

I'm fine with there not being a lot of kids on board - my kids are too. Their favourite kid's club to date has been HAL Eurodam. There were 20 kids in kid club that week. They still talk about it, and they have since been on two 2 Disney and 2 DreamWorks cruises {too many kids they say!!}

Just got off Silhouette with our 7 year old. Writing a family based review is on tap for this weekend.

Not sure what time exactly they open in the morning as we aren't morning people(7 I think). They are open (free) with the exception of 12-2 and 5-7 in the evening. If your child is there during those hours it is $6 per hour and they will bring them to the buffet to eat. After 10 PM is $6 per hour as well.

Out son loved it but it is entirely different experience than the kids clubs on DCL or RCCL.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

There is a kids dinner every night except the night of embarkation. You need to drop your child off at 5PM for the kid's dinner (it is $12 per child). They ask you to sign up during the day time though- so they know how many children to expect. There is also a kid's lunch on port days from 12-2 ($12 per child).

OMG they charg to take kids for dinner? :rolleyes: . I don't need it but all other lines do it for free .

Thank you ,we use kids club from 7pm to 10 pm .Day time we in pool or beach:p

What time they open :confused:? Do they pick up kids from DR ? We had this service on MSC and really loved it:D

I can only speak from my own experience..

Port days: 9a - 10p. If you pay for a pass or by the hour, they'll take the kids to lunch from 12-2 and dinner from 5-7 (or was that 6-8? I don't remember..). Kids club closes up at 10p and switches to "watch a movie and make sure the kids don't cut each other with improvised shivs" quiet time from 10p to 1a, again with the pass or by the hour.

Sea days: 9a-10p. Lunch is quiet time from 12-2 for pass or pay by the hour. They don't take kids to the OceanZoo Cafe on sea days for lunch. Dinner follows same parameters as port days. Quiet time starts up again at 10p and goes til 1a.

They won't pick up the kids from the DR, but you can sign in/out wherever they happen to be. If you get the number for the age group your kids are in, you can call and find out where to deliver them (they keep the phone with that extension wherever they go on the ship). The staff is always REALLY flexible and will let you, for example, keep a seat at dinner for your child that you drop off in the buffet, if you let them know you'll be dropping them off ahead of time.

Our kids have always loved their time in the kids club, and we've had to practically pry them out in the past.

Edited by 6502programmer