WDW to cruise terminal at Fort Lauderdale?

Any chance you wanna sail out of Port Canaveral?

We did a cruise on Freedom, which was much cheaper then Allure or Oasis... it was a wonderful trip and we got to spend time in Tampa and Orlando after the cruise.

We did rent a car, but it was cheap enough.

There are shuttles to Ft.L but they aren't quick and they cost a fair penny.

Chass

Any chance you wanna sail out of Port Canaveral?

We did a cruise on Freedom, which was much cheaper then Allure or Oasis... it was a wonderful trip and we got to spend time in Tampa and Orlando after the cruise.

We did rent a car, but it was cheap enough.

There are shuttles to Ft.L but they aren't quick and they cost a fair penny.

Chass

Unfortunately it's too late for that - all booked and paid. I am going on a "first only girls trip" for my DD16 and she got to choose between a cruise and WDW. We've travelled to WDW world so she chose the cruise but is still hankering for Disney. I thought if I could make it work $ wise for a couple of days I would surprise her but the transportation piece is what is giving me grief as I don't want to add the cost of a car when while at Disney we don't need one.

was that a one way rental though? My understanding is that one way rentals are super expensive.

We did two one way rentals in between our cruise, Florida doesn't have one-way drop fees if the car stays in Florida. I booked using Kayak, but I checked all of the sites to find the best deal.

Keith

Unfortunately it's too late for that - all booked and paid. I am going on a "first only girls trip" for my DD16 and she got to choose between a cruise and WDW. We've travelled to WDW world so she chose the cruise but is still hankering for Disney. I thought if I could make it work $ wise for a couple of days I would surprise her but the transportation piece is what is giving me grief as I don't want to add the cost of a car when while at Disney we don't need one.

Not sure if flights have been booked for you, but you could always rent a car the day you leave Disney. They have a car rental place near the Magic Kingdom (drive by it as you are leaving the park) or I'm sure MANY other places. Are you then flying home from Fort Lauderdale? If so, you could drop the car off that day before boarding the ship. Or reverse your plans and do Disney after your cruise and you could get a rental near the airport very close to the cruise port and then drop it off when you arrive in WDW. I totally get the Disney love so I'd look into it and see what it really costs. It might surprise you!

Don't do a car at Disney - wait to rent the car until you're ready to go to Fort Lauderdale. I think there's an Alamo and a National on-site, but you can always take the Disney bus back to the airport and pick up a rental there, or check with the rental car agencies to see if they can pick you up to rent from them at an Orlando or other local/downtown location.

You definitely don't want to pay for a rental car that's just going to sit at your hotel while you're in the park, but you don't have to.

Red Coach USA has good buses from Orlando to FLL airport, with fares from $45 for a business class seat (with free wifi) to $65 for a first class seat. It's a comfy trip.

I'd take a Red Coach bus to FLL airport and take a taxi from there to the cruise terminal, what would cost about $15.

I hope it helps :)

We used Avis when we went from Disney to Ft. Lauderdale in September. They are located in a hotel right across the street from Downtown Disney. I took the bus to DTD then walked to the hotel, picked up the car, then drove to our disney resort to pick up my wife and luggage. Avis was much cheaper than Hertz when I priced them out for a one way rental.

We are traveling in May from Orlando to Port Everglades and I had a one-way rental for $68. Just found a better deal for $41. It is quite easy and if you take the turnpike (tolls) it is extremely simple and fast. It is nice to be able to travel on your own schedule.

You guys are great - thanks so much for the advice. Funny, DD sent me a text saying "pls take me to Disney World" this morning - I'm guessing she must have dreamt about it last night. I'm going to do some more digging and I'll let you know what I find!