Nuremburg Port to Airport

greg126

We're on an Avalon December cruise arriving in Nuremberg the day prior to cruise end when we need to fly out. Most info I've found here from a search involves getting to the port for cruise departure. But from what I've been able to gather a taxi transfer direct to the airport would be most efficient.

Are there typically taxi's waiting at the port or should I look at prearranging? Allow about 30 minutes for the transfer? (10:25 departure so say about 9:15 check-in at the airport. It will be a weekday, don't know what kind of traffic issues there might be about then).

According to the Avalon web site Nuremberg is not one of the cities listed as having transfers available for purchase but from what I've picked up here a taxi would be less expensive in any event.

We're on an Avalon December cruise arriving in Nuremberg the day prior to cruise end when we need to fly out. Most info I've found here from a search involves getting to the port for cruise departure. But from what I've been able to gather a taxi transfer direct to the airport would be most efficient.

Are there typically taxi's waiting at the port or should I look at prearranging? Allow about 30 minutes for the transfer? (10:25 departure so say about 9:15 check-in at the airport. It will be a weekday, don't know what kind of traffic issues there might be about then).

According to the Avalon web site Nuremberg is not one of the cities listed as having transfers available for purchase but from what I've picked up here a taxi would be less expensive in any event.

We flew into Nuremberg this past December for a Christmas Markets cruise. Four of us just got a cab to our hotel and then another cab from the hotel to the ship. Was a little over 20 Euros, including a tip, for each cab ride. There were plenty of cabs waiting outside the terminal. We needed a minivan since there were four of us.

Edited by H2Otstr

Greg,

Your cruise director or any of the ship's hotel staff should be able to call a taxi for you. Chances are slim there would be a cab just hanging around the docking area. This is an industrial area quite removed from the center of town.

Staff / crew would also be able to give you a time suitable for the pick up. All easily arranged.

I would estimate more time: There is an innercity motorway with a trafficlight on the route. Especially on a weekday during rush hour you might get stuck there for 20 - 30 minutes (or just be able to drive through ). I would rather estimate 45 min at least.

As pointed out, the port of Nuremberg (Personenschifffahrtshafen) is a dock along the industrial port, far down in the south(while the airport is in the north). Taxi drivers know it, but they never wait there on standby. The ships crew will assist when you ask them to call one.

The front desk will be happy to arrange a taxi to pick you up at a specified time. No, taxis do not hang out by where the boats dock, you need to arrange in advance.

Paris, Air France - I saw their check-in deadline was 40 minutes so I just added a half hour. But since its looking like a prearranged taxi is the way to go I can depart whenever needed.