Specialty Dining on the Spirit?

Back in December, they gave the fizz to the winner, and everyone who wanted got initials on a card. No idea what they got for initials.

We did many trivia games including the music quizzes. No fizz. This was in March. We turned our initials in for two NCL tshirts and a tote bag! lol There was one social hostess who would put out a deck of cards or a mug so the winner would have instant gratification. But none of the others did that.

Just a tip regarding the Sun though:

The Italian restaurant on board is actually the nicest designed restaurant on board, with all tables having a window view. We were on board the Sun both in July 2012 and January 2013, and after 15 NCL cruises on 7 different ships so far, my DH and I both decided that the Italian food served on the Sun was even better than the rest of the fleet. And the crew on the Sun the friendliest crew (and officers) that we have ever met on any NCL cruise.

This was a year ago, and I know they have changed one (or maybe both?) captains since then - but hopefully the rest is like it was then. If so - you really have something to look forward to! :)

I just noticed that you were asking about the Spirit, and I answered regarding the Sun. Sorry about being confused! :eek:

We loved our med cruise on the spirit!! We would never sign up or reserve specialty restaurants before hand for every night. We where exhausted by the time we returned to the ship. We did le Bristol with roll call friends one night and the chefs table another. We stopped for sushi and buffet a couple nights the rest were in the MDR. We had absolutely no complaints.

Signed up for chefs table in waiting area B4 boarding and did a lot of shopping in the duty free shops:) also!

You will love! Love! This cruise! Amazing!

Back in December, they gave the fizz to the winner, and everyone who wanted got initials on a card. No idea what they got for initials.

When the CD did the 5pm quiz there was a bottle of fizz as a prize. We won the quiz the day he did not do it - no fizz.:mad:

We loved our med cruise on the spirit!! We would never sign up or reserve specialty restaurants before hand for every night. We where exhausted by the time we returned to the ship. We did le Bristol with roll call friends one night and the chefs table another. We stopped for sushi and buffet a couple nights the rest were in the MDR. We had absolutely no complaints.

Signed up for chefs table in waiting area B4 boarding and did a lot of shopping in the duty free shops:) also!

You will love! Love! This cruise! Amazing!

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We are really looking forward to both Le Bistro and the Chef's Table :D

Just got off Soirit today :-(. Had the UDP and made all reservations in advance, but most nights there was lots of room in the specialty restaurants and many nights some crew, dancers, singers, officers, etc. eating in them. I think if you are willing o be flexible on times, you will get a spot.

However, I would not wait until the day of. There wer a couple of nights when we had 8:30 reservations and I went in the morning and asked if we could change it to a little earlier, and they were full. 6-7:30 is very popularl.

I will have my full review up soon. We ate at the main four specialty restaurants, so I can tell you about them. I also have dailies that may help you plan when you want to eat.

Here's some pics we took of the Chef's Table, enjoy.

cheers...the Ump...:D

That is the same menu we had on the spirit back in may of 2012! It was awesome but I don't know if I want to do the exact same menu again.

Did you have a fun group to be with! We laughed the whole night!

Just got off Soirit today :-(. Had the UDP and made all reservations in advance, but most nights there was lots of room in the specialty restaurants and many nights some crew, dancers, singers, officers, etc. eating in them. I think if you are willing o be flexible on times, you will get a spot.

However, I would not wait until the day of. There wer a couple of nights when we had 8:30 reservations and I went in the morning and asked if we could change it to a little earlier, and they were full. 6-7:30 is very popularl.

I will have my full review up soon. We ate at the main four specialty restaurants, so I can tell you about them. I also have dailies that may help you plan when you want to eat.

Thanks for the tip on timing! I will make reservations now for the places I know we will want to try. I am debating between Le Bistro and Cagney's for hubby's birthday dinner, but kind of leaning towards Le Bistro as it sounds just a bit more special. Any thoughts? I would love to hear you impressions for the food in general. Did you eat at all in the MDR? I am really looking forward to your review :D

Thanks for the tip on timing! I will make reservations now for the places I know we will want to try. I am debating between Le Bistro and Cagney's for hubby's birthday dinner, but kind of leaning towards Le Bistro as it sounds just a bit more special. Any thoughts? I would love to hear you impressions for the food in general. Did you eat at all in the MDR? I am really looking forward to your review :D

I am not the one who you asked the question to, but I got off the Spirit two weeks ago and thought I'd weigh in as well. We found Le Bistro to be better and more romantic than Cagney's. In fact, it was our best meal of the whole cruise, which we weren't expecting. Highly recommended. I also have a review started and I'm adding to each day.

As for timing, we did have one issue getting into Cagney's and they ended up putting us in the private dining room because the only available time that day was 9:00. Otherwise, there seemed to be availability the rest of the cruise. In fact, the specialities closed earlier a few nights.

I am not the one who you asked the question to, but I got off the Spirit two weeks ago and thought I'd weigh in as well. We found Le Bistro to be better and more romantic than Cagney's. In fact, it was our best meal of the whole cruise, which we weren't expecting. Highly recommended. I also have a review started and I'm adding to each day.

As for timing, we did have one issue getting into Cagney's and they ended up putting us in the private dining room because the only available time that day was 9:00. Otherwise, there seemed to be availability the rest of the cruise. In fact, the specialities closed earlier a few nights.

Thanks so much for weighing in! It is great to hear from everyone who has been on the Spirit so recently. I am actually subscribed to your review as well :) Thanks for confirming my impressions about Le Bistro. Did you happen to try the Teppanyaki restaurant?

That is the same menu we had on the spirit back in may of 2012! It was awesome but I don't know if I want to do the exact same menu again.

Did you have a fun group to be with! We laughed the whole night!

Well the night started off like a High School Dance, no one knew anyone and there was lots of small talk. We were all waiting for something to happen if you know what I mean lol. Then the Champagne came out and before long we were all like long lost friends, of course the Wine pairings for each course certainly didn't hurt ;).

We all were having so much fun that one of us had to tap the Wine Glass to get the rest to be quiet so that the Chef and Sommelier, could describe the next course for us.

It turned out to be an unforgettable evening for both the Food and the Company, a good time was had by all. I highly recommend this night to anyone, it certainly was worth the $80 pp. We all drank more than that for sure and don't forget, the wine that was poured was not just a glass to sample with each course, it was always being "topped up" so be prepared if you go. Having said that, if you wish not to have more wine a simple no will not offend anyone.

As for the menu?, it's the same fleet wide. Hope they will consider a change as we would reserve this in a heartbeat. I recommend if anyone is interested, you should book asap when you board. We were the first ones for our sitting and because we had a 12 day cruise, there were 2 sittings. On a 7 day there is just one night.

Well the night started off like a High School Dance, no one knew anyone and there was lots of small talk. We were all waiting for something to happen if you know what I mean lol. Then the Champagne came out and before long we were all like long lost friends, of course the Wine pairings for each course certainly didn't hurt ;).

We all were having so much fun that one of us had to tap the Wine Glass to get the rest to be quiet so that the Chef and Sommelier, could describe the next course for us.

It turned out to be an unforgettable evening for both the Food and the Company, a good time was had by all. I highly recommend this night to anyone, it certainly was worth the $80 pp. We all drank more than that for sure and don't forget, the wine that was poured was not just a glass to sample with each course, it was always being "topped up" so be prepared if you go. Having said that, if you wish not to have more wine a simple no will not offend anyone.

As for the menu?, it's the same fleet wide. Hope they will consider a change as we would reserve this in a heartbeat. I recommend if anyone is interested, you should book asap when you board. We were the first ones for our sitting and because we had a 12 day cruise, there were 2 sittings. On a 7 day there is just one night.

I can only hope that our experience will be half as much fun as the ones you both had :D We will be booking as soon as we find that table in the waiting area!

Thanks so much for weighing in! It is great to hear from everyone who has been on the Spirit so recently. I am actually subscribed to your review as well :) Thanks for confirming my impressions about Le Bistro. Did you happen to try the Teppanyaki restaurant?

Nope, my son was more interested in the kids club then eating dinner with us. And, we have the exact same type of restaurant at home that we go to occasionally so it didn't entice him or us.