Getaway - leaving soon. Questions?

SissasMomE

Splash academy schedule (page 2) and mini rope course pictures (page 1) can be found on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983472&highlight=getaway+splash+academy&page=2

Thank you! That shows exactly what I had seen before: On Tuesday, the Dolphin guide states, "Take a trip to Black Beard's Castle this morning as Splash Academy explores the island of St. Thomas."

I am desperately trying to find out what that means. It totally makes me think they leave the ship, but I've NEVER heard of a kids club excursion on any cruise leaving the ship. This item interests and confuses me.

Splash academy schedule (page 2) and mini rope course pictures (page 1) can be found on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983472&highlight=getaway+splash+academy&page=2

Oh my gosh. Thanks for that. I found her review days ago and was hurrying to get off to work and subscribed to it so I could later go back and read it and completely forgot about it. Thanks :)

I hope for a full report on Sugar Blue!! I am very excited that he will be on my sailing. If I recall, you (SissasMomE/Sheri) were planning to check him out.

I also would like photos of nudity if you spot any on the Freestyle Deck, just to add to my personal collection.

And lastly, I want to know if it is possible to get your head under the tap of the self-serve wine machine without dribbling down your face. One must maintain a sense of decorum.

Edited by LrgPizza

I hope for a full report on Sugar Blue!! I am very excited that he will be on my sailing. If I recall, you (SissasMomE/Sheri) were planning to check him out.

I also would like photos of nudity if you spot any on the Freestyle Deck, just to add to my personal collection.

And lastly, I want to know if it is possible to get your head under the tap of the self-serve wine machine without dribbling down your face. One must maintain a sense of decorum.

Oh I am ALL over that wine machine. If I get thrown off, you know why ...

Yes, definitely checking out Sugar Blue. I will also ask about that Black Beard's thing. For the life of me, I can't recall them ever taking kids off the ship in a group like that.

Oh my gosh. Thanks for that. I found her review days ago and was hurrying to get off to work and subscribed to it so I could later go back and read it and completely forgot about it. Thanks :)

Hi I think you were the one asking about the ropes course. I just found a video for you. :)

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by JustMeandTheSea

Oh I am ALL over that wine machine. If I get thrown off, you know why ...

Yes, definitely checking out Sugar Blue. I will also ask about that Black Beard's thing. For the life of me, I can't recall them ever taking kids off the ship in a group like that.

I know, neither have I! Even on Disney, and their kids club staff are trained by Mary Poppins herself! But isn't that wording unusual? If it's really just an empty refrigerator box sharpied up to look like a castle, my son will be pi**ed.

I just want a simple picture. :D I have read that you have to be a certain height in order to be able to do the ropes course (which my little one won't be big enough yet) and read that they have a "mini" ropes course below for the little ones. However, I have yet to find a picture of it. Can you take a picture please? :)

We just got back from the Getaway today. You have to be 48 inches and there is a small mini course for kids that are too short. It was actually pretty cute seeing the little tykes on the small course. Of course there is a waiver you have to sign the first time you go on. It's worth noting to take tennis shoes along. sandals and flip flops won't fly for this. They won't let you go on. You also have to be dry. So you can't go from the pool right to the ropes course, you have to dry off first. We saw a few people be told they couldn't go.

I'm a karaoke singer. I would like to know if they will allow you to bring your own disks or if you can only choose from their book.

We just got back today. We watched karaoke for a little bit one night. The system they used looked like it was an 80's DOS based program with cheesy block letters that were projected on the screen. Everyone got to pick and reserve songs from an iPad. If the song wasn't listed you could ask the person running the session for more songs. Honestly I don't know if they would play your own CD in their system. The room they run karaoke from was pretty high tech. It was in the grammy expierence room.

We just got back today. We watched karaoke for a little bit one night. The system they used looked like it was an 80's DOS based program with cheesy block letters that were projected on the screen. Everyone got to pick and reserve songs from an iPad. If the song wasn't listed you could ask the person running the session for more songs. Honestly I don't know if they would play your own CD in their system. The room they run karaoke from was pretty high tech. It was in the grammy expierence room.

I would be very surprised if they use CDs at all. Most of the modern high-tech karaoke places no longer do. If it's being reserved via iPad, it's probably all digital and web-based music.

We are leaving soon for the sunny beaches of Ft. Lauderdale, followed by our Getaway cruise (finally). Anyone have anything specific they'd like to know?

LrgPizza - forgive me (please!! LOL ) I know I was supposed to find out something for you regarding the kids' club, but I didn't write it down. What was it?

Any of the dailies especially for the kids (my two will be 11 and 3 when we go)

I just want a simple picture. :D I have read that you have to be a certain height in order to be able to do the ropes course (which my little one won't be big enough yet) and read that they have a "mini" ropes course below for the little ones. However, I have yet to find a picture of it. Can you take a picture please? :)

And the maximum weight would be nice to know too.

Considering the ship stops in St Thomas on Wednesday, I would highly doubt they leave the ship on Tuesday to explore the island of St Thomas! We are, however, at St Maarten on Tuesday.

My guess is it is a movie/play etc.. kind of thing teaching about St Thomas.

Considering the ship stops in St Thomas on Wednesday, I would highly doubt they leave the ship on Tuesday to explore the island of St Thomas! We are, however, at St Maarten on Tuesday.

My guess is it is a movie/play etc.. kind of thing teaching about St Thomas.

I'm sorry, it says that on Wednesday, not Tuesday. I wrote the wrong day above, but the daily is correct. I can tell you didn't bother to look at it before commenting on my comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do they sell pepto bismol in the gift shop or is it still banished?

DD wants to know if they have any raffles in the shopping area, if there is a big half- price sale the last day, and if the sell NCL logo flip flops

Ahh- to be 15 again!!!

Thanks!

Have an awesome trip!

Do they sell pepto bismol in the gift shop or is it still banished?

DD wants to know if they have any raffles in the shopping area, if there is a big half- price sale the last day, and if the sell NCL logo flip flops

Ahh- to be 15 again!!!

Thanks!

Have an awesome trip!

Why did they banish it??!

So they can make you visit the ship's Dr. instead at 100x the cost.

Can you please get details on the iconcierge program for the kids?

I know that on our last NCL and Royals, nothing that could be used for diarrhea stoppage was sold in the shoppes. Not sure that the cruise line profits from the ships medical facilities, I know a third- party agency does the physician and nurse placement..but they can keep track of who may have noro virus and keep them thusly quarantined in their cabins.

But for those with sensitive intestines, better to bring your own immodium and pepto than risk alerting the shipboard authorities- at least that is what I have "heard" on the RC l boards .

I know that on our last NCL and Royals, nothing that could be used for diarrhea stoppage was sold in the shoppes. Not sure that the cruise line profits from the ships medical facilities, I know a third- party agency does the physician and nurse placement..but they can keep track of who may have noro virus and keep them thusly quarantined in their cabins.

But for those with sensitive intestines, better to bring your own immodium and pepto than risk alerting the shipboard authorities- at least that is what I have "heard" on the RC l boards .

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Yeah - if they even think you have noro, they will confine you.

There are two kinds of karaoke. I think there is the one in the Grammy experience that was previously mentioned. But there is also karoake in the atrium. The band that plays on deck, Groove International, will be your live accompaniment. You have a list of songs you can choose from that they know.

For people asking about Blackbeard's Castle, I highly doubt you go off ship. At least my son never mentioned anything about it. More than likely, the counselors just make up some castle out of cardboard, or they play some pirate-related games and that is considered "exploring".