Room Assignment-When?

JohnS43

I booked a "guaranteed" Ocean View room which means that you do not get to choose your specific room-- it's assigned by Carnival. I don't have a problem with that, obviously, but I can't seem to find any information about WHEN they actually assign you a stateroom. I completed my online check-in and all the required information, but I figure it doesn't make any sense to print out any documents or the luggage tags until I have a room number.

So ... how many days or week before the actual departure date is a room actually assigned?

Thank you, Scotch Mist! A follow-up -- do they send you an e-mail or some other notification to let you know when it's been assigned, or do you have to just keep checking back on the website?

As noted above, it can be anytime, right up until you check in. You can, and should print your boarding pass, without your cabin assignment, but as you said, there is no point in printing your luggage tags. If you don't have a cabin assignment when you get to the port, you can just ask the porters, who take your checked luggage to look up your cabin number, and attach a tag, then and there. They have a list of all cabin assignments. If it makes you feel any better, I've found that as a general rule, the later the assignment, the better the chance of an upgrade. ;) Good luck, and I hope they assign you a suite! :eek:

"SKY"

On our last cruise we got our cabin assigned a week before our departure date. I think cabin assignments depends on how busy your cruise is.

Same thing for us. On Pride in February, we got our room assignment a few days prior to the cruise. It was annoying not being able to print our Boarding Pass/Luggage tags earlier, but it was also so exciting anticipating our cabin assignment. No emails when cabin was assigned. I just found it during one of the many times everyday that I checked manage my cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I second post #6 the later the cabin assignment the better chance of upgrade:)

They are more likely to upgrade passengers who have booked early than those who have paid a lower price for a guarantee close to sail date.

Keep looking everyday :)