Who else does this?

Since my cruise isn't until about 10 months from now, and summer clothing won't quite be out in the stores yet when I actually need to start shopping, I'm finding myself buying clothes for my trip already. Since my wardrobe is nothing but jeans, sweatshirts and tees.

anyone else do this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, when you travel to places where the weather will be different than at home you must plan in advance. Just be careful how much you spend. You don't want to have clothes for a 50 night cruise if yours is only 7 nights. :)

I live in a very cold region 6 no the out of the year. Since the "warmer weather" up here isn't until May, shopping season for warm clothes don't really begin until mid March.

I've been buying cute tropical bright colors for my trip. Even old navy had their flip flops on sale for $2 yesterday so I grabbed 3 pairs and a really cute bright coral colored shirt.

I just can't help myself lol

I live in NE Ohio and can fully understand the bit about LONG COLD WINTERS TropicalIslandGirl. Shopping for clothes for a cruise help speed along the dreary days I say.

Hope you were able to get the "situation" with that TA resolved to some type of ok scenario that benefits you. I will say he is totally full of it and lying telling you what he did about the commission!

Thank you MamaTene. I'm really not happy with the entire situation either.

The shopping is definitely a lot of fun. I can't wait for summer to officially be here so I can shop at the stores I know always have a great selection of summer dresses and cute tops. Just trying to drop some weight before I dare buy some jean shorts. If not I'll buy some jeans and cut them into shorts when the time comes.

You have every reason to not be happy with that TA..he gives other TA's (whether internet or brick and mortar) a bad name and makes people RUN. I still think you should cancel with him and book elsewhere.

Now about those new clothes..yep I do the same thing..try to get into better shape and lose a few pounds during the months preparing for a cruise. I guess I should ALWAYS have a cruise in the works to keep focused on diet!

By the way..wondering..do you Facebook?

Yes I do

Are you aloud to give out Facebook info?

You are allowed to post your contact info, though I wouldn't recommend it. You can read the posting guidelines; they are found at the top of this page.

My butt is sitting in my chair "computer window shopping as we speak" Lol

I do not own any luggage yet. I've seen some AMAZING deals on EBay. I've been shopping on eBay for years! Anyone else buy luggage from them? My only fear would be something would be broken, like a zipper.

My other thought was to try TJMaxx or Marshalls.

Anyone have any thoughts?

TJ Maxx has nice luggage.

They also have some very cool swimsuit coverups (that they carry year round!)

I recently got a pretty pink tie dye long one from Cynthia Rowley on sale marked down from $48 to $19.99.

Visited some stores yesterday and spring stuff has arrived!!

Got a great nautical themed beach bag with rope handles in Forever 21 for $10!!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

My butt is sitting in my chair "computer window shopping as we speak" Lol

I do not own any luggage yet. I've seen some AMAZING deals on EBay. I've been shopping on eBay for years! Anyone else buy luggage from them? My only fear would be something would be broken, like a zipper.

My other thought was to try TJMaxx or Marshalls.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I just go to a thrift store, and then leave stuff on the ship.

But that's me; male over 60. I don't care.

American+Hustle+8.jpg

Oh heck yes I can get into SOOOO much trouble at TJ Maxx! Heck I can get in trouble shopping just about anywhere! LOL!

We have lots of fun chats going on fb regarding upcoming trips..both cruise and land. So many of us are sooo very liked minded. Christine Scarpitti Bobich Bloomer...aka MamaTene of course. I have found so many friends there that also post here. Isnt it great to have places like this to share our excitement?!

When I go shopping at all now I find myself going....OOOOo that would look so good on a cruise. Never mind if I need it or not

That's all I think of when I'm in the stores....."mmmm. That would make a great embarkation outfit!"

I'm waiting for Macy's Beach to come out. It's a really nice resort wear line. A bit pricey but it's beautiful. I want to show up my sister on embarkation day. That's mean, I know.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

That's all I think of when I'm in the stores....."mmmm. That would make a great embarkation outfit!"

I'm waiting for Macy's Beach to come out. It's a really nice resort wear line. A bit pricey but it's beautiful. I want to show up my sister on embarkation day. That's mean, I know.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Macy's always has great outfits, I'm a big fan of their INC line. So many pretty colors. I try and wait for sale days to shop and wait for my coupons to arrive so I save extra $

I do a lot of Ebay shopping too but not for clothes. Great deals on luggage for sure. And TJ Maxx has good prices and selection as well TropicalIslandGirl. I NEVER spend a lot on any of my luggage as you know it gets thrown around a lot by the TSA agents, baggage handlers and porters.

Edited by MamaTene