Izumi

I had lunch with some family members at Izumi on NOS recently. The lunch menu is mostly sushi and we all shared our selections. They were all delicious. There was no cover charge and most items were in the $7 range. I had the lobster roll which was $12, the highest price on the menu. Miso soup and edamame (sp) are complimentary. It was busy while we were there.

Got the 3 specialty restaurant package recently with chops/Giovanni/Izumi and loved Giovanni, chops was good as usual but was not thrilled with Izumi.

I am someone who eats sushimi and rolls quite often and I really enjoyed the lobster and the shrimp roll but the hot rock meal turned me off, the meat was tough and the asparagus was an inch thick, I have 20 asparagus plants and when they get that thick time to pull them or use them in a soup.

Go for lunch do the spicy tuna roll and that is like $7.50 was good but pass on dinner.

Has anyone eaten at Izumi on Navigator?

That was my favorite restaurant on the NOS. We ate there several times in February and were never disappointed.

We informed our waiter (who we requested after our first encounter with him) that I don't do fish. He talked to the chef and the chef prepared a chicken roll/sushi that was to die for. We also loved the vegetable tempura and the other chicken appetizer.

I'm a sushi lover, and my DW is not so much, but she agreed to try Izumi's.

Well, she ordered several different rolls, and lo and behold, she loved everything served. We started with edamami and miso soup, and then it was just sushi. No hot rock meal, we just wanted to enjoy the traditional sushi, and I must say that the seafood, while not being fresh that day, was still quite good.

Actually, Izumi's is better than some Japanese sushi restaurants in our city!

We went back one more time, and it was just as good as our first experience. I would recommend it.

Everyones food experience, and expectation are different. Some will enjoy it, as our friends just wrote above me. (Hi Jim and Jackie!) Others will not have the experience, and that is totally understandable.

I hope you try it!!:)

Rick