Vow Renewal During Sailing

cajunette

We're taking a 10 year anniversary cruise next year. I am hoping to put together a vow renewal. The one on the ship is kinda pricey. Does anyone have suggestions for ones during port days? We're going to Isla Roatan (sp?), Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Thanks in advance!

We're taking a 10 year anniversary cruise next year. I am hoping to put together a vow renewal. The one on the ship is kinda pricey. Does anyone have suggestions for ones during port days? We're going to Isla Roatan (sp?), Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Thanks in advance!

Were you looking at doing it while at sea or while your were on your cruise such as Cozumel.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree with the pricey thing. My husband and I are going on Sunshine in Aug for our 10th anniversary. It will just be us and My Mom (who has alzheimer's and must sail with us). I just wanted a simple service to renew our vows but it was just too expensive. And the on land services were even more!

DH is a minister. On our 1st cruise he did a vowel renewal for a couple at the back of the ship while we were sailing. The couple were on our roll call. It was very simple but you could dress it up some I am sure. The setting was amazing.

He didn't charge the couple anything, but they kindly put a gift on our sail and sign.

My husband and I renewed our vows in April 2012, while cruising to Hawaii. We did it through Carnival(on Spirit). The basic pkg was $378 in 2012. I see it now is $450.

Carnival did a beautiful job tho. Capt performed ceremony, he gave us a signed certificate afterwards. I got a long stemmed red rose, DH got a rose boutinere. The wedding cake was lovely. We got to keep the silver cake topper, and the 2 champagne glasses.

A coordinator met with us, a couple days before the ceremony. He went over how everything would work. I requested Martini and Rossi Asti, for our sparkling wine, and he saw that we got it. No extra charge.

They also sent the leftover cake, and champagne to our dinner table that night. We shared the cake, and ordered a 2nd bottle of Asti, and shared both with our table mates

The photographer took lovely photo's, and you get 1 8X10 free with the pkg. We didn't let the photographer follow us around the ship, cause we knew we couldn't afford to buy a pile of pictures. So didn't want to waste our time or his.

We were extreamly pleased with the entire process, and felt it was worth every penny.

We had the allowed 6 guests, and ourselves.

Of course we were celebrating 50 yrs, which was very special.

when we did ours at Nachi Cocom, I invited anyone from our roll call that was going to Nachi that day anyway. It was only us and my sister on the cruise but we have our roll call family there. The wedding coordinator sent our info to the minister and he contacted us. We basically wrote our own vows, he performed a sand ceremony, blessing of the hands, it was beautiful. Much less than the cost on the ship and I got great pictures from all who attended.

1262655576_184457_4526207471526_1610307640_n1.jpg.e759599a1f0ed3c24857987282c394a1.jpg

77321804_397667_4526203991439_522146279_n1.jpg.3cb1c9082715e61b32048407f85dfbb5.jpg

1773376749_430899_4526209151568_653015117_n1.jpg.57be9887738e73ee6d69d9918262dc28.jpg

186210680_543449_4526206751508_762302508_n1.jpg.6ee7db5228b0f1490e556e203e88d982.jpg

1245191973_566208_4528999821333_1748207818_n1.jpg.1bfb1746d82108fc1392da358770be70.jpg

OP we are celebrating our 10th Anniversary next month on our Conquest cruise. Along with the Wife and I will be my Son, Brother, Mother, and Mother in Law. We are doing the Eastern route and plan on doing our own thing on a beach. We are thinking of Half Moon Cay or Sapphire Beach on St Thomas. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!!! To Many More!!!

If you have friends or family going on the cruise, ask them to perform the renewal for you. You can use this as a jumping off point - no need to pay Carnival to do it - a renewal and a wedding aren't the same - you aren't required to have a license or official documentation.

http://www.idostill.com/planning/ceremony-ideas/vows-ideas/simple-sample-vows.html

Last year, some friends of ours renewed their vows, officiated by another friend - it was a really beautiful ceremony and they had a fantastic time, made great memories, and didn't pay Carnival their piracy rates to do it.

I just made surprise arrangements for a vow renewal at a beach resort in Nassau yesterday. I didn't want all of the "extras" that came with the on ship package or at the resort, nor did I want the price that came with them. So what I did was contacted a funeral home and ask them if they had a minister that could meet my wife and I along with our two children (ages 9 & 6) on the beach at 10 am. I know this seems very weird, but I work in the funeral industry and we have ministers on our staff and others that are readily available for families that don't have a church affiliation.

The funeral director in Nassau was ecstatic to be able to help me with my surprise and he is coming to the beach to meet my family as well.

Of course I will be paying the pastor an honorarium for his time and trouble and bringing a gift to the funeral director...

My first thought was to contact a local church in Nassau, but went with this route because of the shared profession.