please help- info on inside accessible on splendor of the sea.

Please does anyone have info or pictures of these cabins. I have just tried to book a few cruises for next October but have had no luck on getting the ocean view/ balcony adapted rooms I would have liked - I didn't realize that the adapted rooms sell out so fast. So I am now looking at an internal room (never been in one before). I need grab rails in the shower and at the toilet. Also enough space to put my wheelchair somewhere without blocking my husband and daughter in or out of the the cabin. I would like to see the size of these rooms as I am a little claustrophobic and worried about no window or balcony.

Next time I know to book as soon as the cabins are released.

Thanks.

Hi, not sailed on the Splendour but have sailed on the Independence and next month the Adventure, and both ships inside cabins have been 253 sq.ft. These cabins are for 3 people so not sure if they are the same for 2. Plenty of room even with three of us. We normally park the wheelchair in the shower out of the way, and my friends walker by the door so there are no obstacles in the night to fall over. Apart from sleeping and changing we don't spend time in our cabin so inside cabins suit us. At night we leave the bathroom light on so that there is a little light in the cabin and we can see where we're going if we get up in the night.

If you are talking about cruises in October, 2014, there are dates with oceanview and balcony accessible cabins available. So I suggest that you check again.

Splendour is a smaller class ship than Independence and Adventure, so it is likely that the accessible inside cabin may be smaller on those ships. Looking at the square footage is important to get a realistic idea of the size of the inside accessible cabin.

I am switching to this cruise as the ones I wanted that were full were Caribbean cruises just for DH and I. As a result we are now completely changing our plans and instead of a grown up break we are now taking our daughter as the new cruise we are looking at now goes to places she really wants to visit :rolleyes:. However, our budget unfortunately remains the same - thus our first inside

It will be DH and I the next time - and I will book it very early!

Edited by fragilek

Please does anyone have info or pictures of these cabins. I have just tried to book a few cruises for next October but have had no luck on getting the ocean view/ balcony adapted rooms I would have liked - I didn't realize that the adapted rooms sell out so fast. So I am now looking at an internal room (never been in one before). I need grab rails in the shower and at the toilet. Also enough space to put my wheelchair somewhere without blocking my husband and daughter in or out of the the cabin. I would like to see the size of these rooms as I am a little claustrophobic and worried about no window or balcony.

Next time I know to book as soon as the cabins are released.

Thanks.

If it helps my husband and I have done 2 Royal Caribbean cruises in an inside accessible with our young adult disabled son. One on Voyager and one on Liberty and both cabins were very similar - we were fine with the space for sleeping and showering. We would put our son's wheelchair over near the door when he was ready for bed - I should say however he slept on the sofa bed. I can't recall if there would have been space to wheel from the bed to the bathroom that easily but I read elsewhere you can ask to have the coffee table taken away which I think would give more space. The bathroom was excellent with grab rails and a seat in the shower and by the loo.

We also went on Splendour in an accessible outside ocean view and had problems to start with. There was no sofa bed (as we had anticipated) and the spare bed was a Pullman which was useless for us as our son couldn't climb the ladder. After a lot of problems the first night on an awful rollaway, maintenance dismantled the sofa and brought in a third bed. The overall spaciousness in that particular room was fantastic and guest Services were very helpful after the initial hiccup. It was actually one of the nicest cruises we've been on and we thought Splendour was a beautiful ship.