Beverage package + lounging on your balcony

sprockie

Can anyone tell me how you would go about ordering more than 1 beer at a time to consume on your balcony. We love to spend time on our balcony, but wondered if after each beer, you have to go back to a bar and get another. Is there some way people can order multiple beers for the purpose of consuming on your balcony? I don't mean 20, I mean maybe 4 or 6.

I'm pretty sure Celebrity sells buckets of beers as well --- but they aren't covered by either beverage package. It's 1 drink at a time, per card. Some people have mentioned a 10 minute rule but I have never seen it confirmed ----- however, you can't just keep going back for another every minute or two until you accumulate enough for your balcony.

We just grab a beer when we pass a bar and ask them not to open them. Then we just stockpile them in the fridge in the cabin. We so that with pop as well ie Ginger Als and 7up

Oh good, so they will do that. I thought there might have been some rule about having to open it. A stock of opened beer and drinks in the fridge, not so cool.

I'm sure the problem with a bucket of beers is potential drink-sharing, and let's not get started on that, just note that it's a no-no as far as Celebrity is concerned. I like the idea of grabbing an unopened beer and stockpiling it, but the refrigerators are really more like coolers. I'm thinking of taking along a small ice chest on wheels as luggage and just asking the steward to top off the ice occasionally.

Sometimes it's amazing what we have to go through to enjoy a cruise the way we would like to:rolleyes:;):cool:.

We were on the Eclipse in 2012 and they sold buckets of beer at the pool bar, though I understand they're not included in beverage packages. They only advertised it twice during a 14-day cruise, but I was told on another thread that they always offer it at the pool bars; you just have to ask. If you're buying beer outside of a beverage package, the buckets are a good deal. As I recall I paid $25 for six beer, less than $5 each - not exactly cheap but cheaper than ordering individual beers. The selection was somewhat limited (Corona, Heineken and Amstel) but I have no problem with any of those. I simply took the beer to my room and put them in the fridge and brought them on deck on sea days. They even lent me a bottle opener.

Can anyone tell me how you would go about ordering more than 1 beer at a time to consume on your balcony. We love to spend time on our balcony, but wondered if after each beer, you have to go back to a bar and get another. Is there some way people can order multiple beers for the purpose of consuming on your balcony? I don't mean 20, I mean maybe 4 or 6.

Start 'collecting' early in the day :rolleyes:. After breakfast, on the way back to cabin, swing by a bar and grab a couple (use both cards).

If you can get into Michael's at some point (they are often closed for private functions) they have some larger beers that are still in deluxe package. Bigger beer = fewer trips. You will have to get creative but it is possible to have a stash.

When we were on the Connie last year they had a beverage cart in the Oceanview cafe where the bartender was not hooked up to the ship's systems so they just wrote your card number down on a piece of paper. The information was entered later I presume. So when I wanted two beers for the balcony I would pick one up from a bar and then from the beverage cart on the way back to our cabin sans the 10 minute rule. :D

On our cruise all the bartenders insisted on opening the beers so I developed a taste for Grolsch beer with its flip top cap which was easily resealed. Where there's a will, there's a way!