Best transportation from cruise port to airport

Travel luv

I am trying to research the best transport option for our return to the airport from our cruise. We are using a shared water taxi for our arrival to take us to our hotel, however I'm not sure if I should book our return with venice shuttle or book another way. Things we are considering in our decision are as follows: cost, time, best transfer with luggage.

Thanks for sharing...

It costs more, takes longer, and is less convenient to take a water taxi vs. a land taxi, so the land taxi makes more sense (as Hank has already pointed out).

If you're up for a little less convenience, the ATVO bus from Piazzale Roma is a great bargain.

Ok, land taxi it is. This is good to know. Do you all know the cost for transfer by land taxi?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

It will be in the 40-45 Euro range (for an entire taxi). You might want to do some online research since there are some private transfer services that will take a reservation and get you to the port for about the same price.

Hank

It will be in the 40-45 Euro range (for an entire taxi). You might want to do some online research since there are some private transfer services that will take a reservation and get you to the port for about the same price.

Hank

Ok, now I'm wondering if we should take the aliguana taxi as they quote 13 euros pp I think.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

In my opinion and from experienced and I will repeat it in May this year. It is reasonable cost and very convenient.

From the airport, take Alilialguna blue line cost 15 euro person, it leave every 15-30 minutes, it will take more than about 1-1:45 minutes to the cruise line but it is nice ride, just enjoy the Venice scenery, you are on vacation don't rush. Unless you easily get sea sick then you want to take more expensive route which is water taxi 30 minutes or land taxi but it involve walking.

The Alilialguna will stop where your cruise port is, when you get off they will unload for luggage for you then just drag it to the cruise luggage drop off which normally just where you get off.

Here the website, just check for the current price and time table:

http://www.alilaguna.it/

Relax and enjoy your trip.

LS,

The Alilaguna is only a viable option if you have an afternoon flight, it just takes too long to get there by water for a morning flight. Venice is one of those airports where you really need to be there three hours in advance of your flight as it's very disorganized.

Oh ok, I'm glad I asked. I don't want a transfer post cruise that will take and hour and a half. Now I'm thinking it may be better to booked a round trip ticket via shared taxi Venice Link. That is 40 EU RT and from what I understand goes at the same speed as the higher priced water taxi? We were just going to use them from airport to Hilton Molino for our precruise stay and figure out the best mode of transportation from the cruise back to the airport. Now it looks like it might make since just to pre purchase a In and Out ticket option from them.

Thoughts??

Be careful! The Port of Venice can be a tricky proposition. Check if there are any Italian cruiseline ships in port the same time. IF NOT, there may be no land taxis at the queue.

We were on the Grand Princess and the only ship scheduled that day. I had planned to take a taxi to our hotel in Piazzale Roma. Princess informed me there would be no taxis, I would have to pay them $23 pp for the 5 minute transfer. And they were right, I looked at the queue and it was totally empty, not 1 taxi sitting there.

So, definitely pre-arrange whatever form of travel you want, be it taxi, water taxi or Alilaguna, just be sure it is arranged before you arrive.

Travel luv,

I am too staying at Hilton Molino, I will take Alilaguna to the hotel. Post cruise I just use the cruise transfer which cost $54, it is the same price as 40 euro. I rather post transfer with the cruise line, it is less stress and most likely you will get there plenty of time. If you arrange on your own you have to find out where to meet the transfer taxi and what if it does not show up or it too full to take you since it is share.

LS.

Travel luv,

I am too staying at Hilton Molino, I will take Alilaguna to the hotel. Post cruise I just use the cruise transfer which cost $54, it is the same price as 40 euro. I rather post transfer with the cruise line, it is less stress and most likely you will get there plenty of time. If you arrange on your own you have to find out where to meet the transfer taxi and what if it does not show up or it too full to take you since it is share.

LS.

Hi lianaks,

Thanks, I had not considered the transfer witht the cruise line. Have you considered the Shared water taxi option with Venice Link (30-35 minute arrival vs 1:30) to hotel at 21 Euro?

Travel luv,

LS.

Hi lianaks - have you used the cruise transfers before, and can I ask which cruise company you will be using or cruising with, we are considering this option as well for our transfer from port to airport, and just wondering how it was, and getting to the airport in plenty of time - thanks :)

The Alilaguna is only a viable option if you have an afternoon flight, it just takes too long to get there by water for a morning flight. Venice is one of those airports where you really need to be there three hours in advance of your flight as it's very disorganized.

Let me second that: the only airport that I have been to which is more chaotic than Venice is Naples. Allow lots of time and muster lots of patience.

Hi lianaks,

Thanks, I had not considered the transfer witht the cruise line. Have you considered the Shared water taxi option with Venice Link (30-35 minute arrival vs 1:30) to hotel at 21 Euro?

Trave luv:

I did considere but opt to take Allilaguna instead, unless I am really tried and want to get to the hotel faster. The ride was not bad, I done it before, it like taking a sight seeing tour.

LS

Hi lianaks - have you used the cruise transfers before, and can I ask which cruise company you will be using or cruising with, we are considering this option as well for our transfer from port to airport, and just wondering how it was, and getting to the airport in plenty of time - thanks :)

WA Girl,

I am sailing with Princess Cruise, I have not use the cruise transfer from Venice to airport yet. But I have used Princess cruise with many other Europe transfer from ship to airport, it was easy and less stressful. They did time it that you get to the airport with plenty of time.

LS.

WA Girl,

I am sailing with Princess Cruise, I have not use the cruise transfer from Venice to airport yet. But I have used Princess cruise with many other Europe transfer from ship to airport, it was easy and less stressful. They did time it that you get to the airport with plenty of time.

LS.

Thanks Lianaks - we are with MSC later in the year, hopefully they will operate in a similar way, with their transfers to airport as well.

Did they get you to the airport at least 3 hours before your flight departure ?

Thanks