Letter to John Heald

shrum1

Yes, I have gotten a quick response from JH as well (from posting on his facebook wall, not as a result of a letter). However, if you email him and tell him he would like a response, he will likely respond. Some responses may take more time, and some he may answer on his blog, especially if he feels that the question and answer will benefit a number of people and not just you.

Has anyone ever written a letter to John Heald and heard back from him? I sent him a message and I am hoping I get a response.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did you send? If you need something performed, consider contacting the source of the area directly. Avoid the middle man.

Or as others said, put it in Facebook, but it opens up your request to public ridicule under your real name, especially if that club seems your post silly.

Facebook is the best way as his assistant monitors it for questions and requests when he is not able to and forwards them on to the correct people. I have also had questions answered same day on Facebook. I would think a hard copy letter would be hard to get to him since he was going back out on the Glory. It may sit for a couple of weeks before he gets it.

Edited by Mysticks1

What kind of requests do people make? I've seen him say that "He's too busy to handle requests but that he will get to them." What are people requesting, and do they get their requests? Maybe I'll request something? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What kind of requests do people make? I've seen him say that "He's too busy to handle requests but that he will get to them." What are people requesting, and do they get their requests? Maybe I'll request something? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Usually requests for the maitre d or something about their cabin etc. Honestly probably people looking for free stuff. He does seem to send stuff to people's cabins.

Usually requests for the maitre d or something about their cabin etc. Honestly probably people looking for free stuff. He does seem to send stuff to people's cabins.

Yeah. After reading the request side, it's mostly people asking for free stuff. A week or so before people's cruises, they post their ship, sail date, and he sends stuff. He must not have time to do his cruise director duties when he's on board a ship, cause it's pages and pages of people asking for ship trophies and goodies.

Yes, I dropped him a message about a Carnival glitch on my upcoming Valor cruise and got a response minutes later. I had gotten different answers from Carnival phone reps, so I wanted to know if it might be fixed before my cruise. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be fixed, but at least now I can plan accordingly. He also confirmed our Cruise Director, so sending him a message is totally worth a shot.

Has anyone ever written a letter to John Heald and heard back from him? I sent him a message and I am hoping I get a response.

I just read he's looking for someone to wash his underpants by hand. I bet if you volunteer to wash them, you'll get a response back. Maybe even chocolate covered strawberries too!

But be snappy with that offer, you'll have to beat Pine Bluff as he's very quick to get on John's good side.

Edited by fuddrules

Well, lets see,

Dear John, my wife and I are going to be celebrating our 200th anniversary together, could you possibly send us a bottle of free champagne? PS, can we have a two top next to the window and another bottle of free champagne?

Dear John, my daughter who has a 7.0 GPA, volunteers at the local homeless shelter and will be going to college after she goes to India to help care for children with leprosy, of course in true Mother Theresa fashion will be doing it without gloves will be going on a cruise and staying in Owners Suite 1187. Could you please send her free strawberries? (My answer would be if your daughter is so great, spring for the strawberries).

It goes on and on. People wanting something for nothing. Kind of turned me off of going to his page since this is about the only comments you see posted there. Funny to read though.:D

Yes, on facebook. Before a large group cruise with my husband's family and friends who are Sri Lankan and speak Tamil, I requested a Tamil speaking waiter. We got the only one on the boat! And then I did also get strawberries, champagne, and a ship on a stick to my cabin, but I didn't ask for it.

Last week I asked him when our shore excursions were going to show up for our January cruise. He asked someone and got back to me the next day (the answer is May!).

I sent him a private message on his blog a couple of weeks ago, and have yet to hear back. Grrrrrr!

However, if you post on his FB page, he will answer you pretty instantly.

I just don't want my message to be seen by the entire world.:o

I hope you have better luck!:D:D

Our group has a designated JH groveler. She is batting 1.000 in requesting freebies for our members. Cheap bubbly, SOAS and chocolate covered berries. It's all there for the asking, so don't be shy. And be sure to thank him. There are so many ingrates these days. ;):)

There is a poster right here on Cruise Critic that seems to have John's undivided attention....PINE BLUFF..

Work through Pine and you are sure to get a response ! (All though you might not like the response you get)

There is a poster right here on Cruise Critic that seems to have John's undivided attention....PINE BLUFF..

Work through Pine and you are sure to get a response ! (All though you might not like the response you get)

JH loves PB. Don't let his faux snark fool you. ;):D