Sunshine interior spa 11003??

Ahays00

Will be sailing on sunshine in October :) just upgraded to an interior spa room 11003 from interior 2206. Has anyone had this Cabin? This will only be my 2nd cruise, we were lower midship on the 1st. I'm a little concerned about the swaying and getting sea sick. Never got sea sick on the previous Paradise cruise at all. Also we are 2 adults and a 15 yr old. Hoping we won't be too cramped...

Will be sailing on sunshine in October :) just upgraded to an interior spa room 11003 from interior 2206. Has anyone had this Cabin? This will only be my 2nd cruise, we were lower midship on the 1st. I'm a little concerned about the swaying and getting sea sick. Never got sea sick on the previous Paradise cruise at all. Also we are 2 adults and a 15 yr old. Hoping we won't be too cramped...

We were in 11011 in March, An interior. It was a pretty small room. Our friends were in 11001 at the end of the hall and their room was a good bit larger than ours. 3 in our cabin would have gotten a little crowded at times. But who spends much time in the cabin any way...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was wondering the same thing! I am on Sunshine in interior spa deck 12 next March and am really worried about the possible motion that high up. I am anxiously awaiting some experienced opinions! :confused:

Thanks bigdfromtn... Ours is one of the end cabins also. We stayed in an interior on the Rivera deck on the paradise with 2 teenagers. It wasn't bad. Like you said who spends that much time in the room anyway. Did you find the "spa amenities " worth the upgrade ?

Edited by Ahays00

We were in 10-133 last month on the Sunshine which is another spa interior cabin. There was minimal swaying, my wife even ended up taking her patch off halfway through the cruise and normally she wears one the whole time.

The access to the thermal suite was DEFINITELY worth the upgrade. The sauna (dry and steam) and the armoa sauna were awesome. They have heated ceramic loungers in there also with huge windows to look out from. We LOVED it. :D

You get a free fitness class for each booked in the room, but we didn't even use ours. There are only two fitness class options.

• 1 month later...

We are booked in 11007 in September. I just watched a you tube video of a spa interior on deck 12 and it was tiny! You literally have to crawl over the bed to get to one side because the bed is against the closet. Also the side tables look tiny. The sketch of the room doesn't look like this at all. I am concerned because my husband has a cpap machine and if our cabin is like the one in the video, it looks like he will be sleeping with the machine in the bed as it won't fit on the side table. I am a bit concerned about this. The person shooting the video said his particular cabin was no where near the advertised 185 square feet. I hope our cabin is set up differently! I remember seeing a pic of 11006 which is across the hall so hopefully our cabin will be more like that one.

I was in a balcony spa cabin on deck 11 last month and never felt any motion. I was a little bummed that it didn't feel like the ship was rocking me yo sleep.

We ended up switching cabins but are still in an interior spa....my mom joined us so now we have 3 peiple in that tiny space...but, a cruise with just my mom and sister!! CANNOT WAIT!!

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

We were in 12008 in April & had no problems with movement. Cabin size, as stated above, was VERY SMALL!! We were in one of the "Crawl across the bed" cabins. More than 2 people in a cabin that size will be a real challenge!!

the 3rd person will have an upper bed. bed so you will not be that cramped.

being so far forward it will be a hike getting to the food etc.

IF you hit rough waters you will get the motion. Not only are you higher but you are in a forward cabin. Forward of the ship will feel the most.

but if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are.

We were in 11011 in March, An interior. It was a pretty small room. Our friends were in 11001 at the end of the hall and their room was a good bit larger than ours. 3 in our cabin would have gotten a little crowded at times. But who spends much time in the cabin any way...

DH and I are in 11011 on the Sunshine in August - was it small like the 12008 you tube video - like you had to crawl over the bed - or just smaller than a normal inside room - trying to decide if wee should upgrade to a balcony?

DH and I are in 11011 on the Sunshine in August - was it small like the 12008 you tube video - like you had to crawl over the bed - or just smaller than a normal inside room - trying to decide if wee should upgrade to a balcony?

The balcony will have a sofa. inside cabins do not.

If you feel claustrophpbic-- an inside cabin is not for you

We have had several inside cabins on NCL and they were fine. These are advertised as even larger but apparently that may not be quite true. The past several years we have had an accessible cabin as my DH has many medical issues, but our Carnival TA assured him this cabin would accommodate his needs. From the few pics I have seen, it does not look like the end table is large enough for his cpap machine. He is not crazy that I have booked us on Carnival in the first place, so if the room is not what he was promised by the TA, he is not going to be a happy camper. As long as there is room for the cpap, no climbing over the bed to get into it and grab bars in the shower, all should be fine. Keeping my fingers crossed!

We have had several inside cabins on NCL and they were fine. These are advertised as even larger but apparently that may not be quite true. The past several years we have had an accessible cabin as my DH has many medical issues, but our Carnival TA assured him this cabin would accommodate his needs. From the few pics I have seen, it does not look like the end table is large enough for his cpap machine. He is not crazy that I have booked us on Carnival in the first place, so if the room is not what he was promised by the TA, he is not going to be a happy camper. As long as there is room for the cpap, no climbing over the bed to get into it and grab bars in the shower, all should be fine. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I would get another agent. There is no grab bars in the showers in a regular cabin. The shower is rather small. You could soap up the walls and turn around and still be clean. There is a step up for the bathroom. Please be careful especially at night. Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours. There is a table in the room. Its small but it should hold the cap machine. Bring an extension cord for it though

I would get another agent. There is no grab bars in the showers in a regular cabin. The shower is rather small. You could soap up the walls and turn around and still be clean. There is a step up for the bathroom. Please be careful especially at night. Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours. There is a table in the room. Its small but it should hold the cap machine. Bring an extension cord for it though

Oh boy, this is going to be fun. We used the Carnival rep that my friend has used for years. Like I said, my DH is not happy that I booked Carnival but we are going with friends and this is the ship they picked. Since it is our first Carnival cruise, we aren't familiar with all the rate policies. With NCL you book with one rate and that is it. I have read on other boards where people make cabin changes and lose their Early Saver and can no longer get any price drops, not that we have had any. The prices have only gone up so far. So I have no idea what to do. We will probably just go with it at this point rather than pay another $600 or more for a ship he really isn't excited about in the first place. Glad you mentioned the extension cord. NCL provides them so we have never brought our own.

My dad forgot to pack his extension cord for the CPAC machine and mentioned it to the steward, who graciously brought my dad an extension cord, albeit it was one of those big orange outdoor cords, but it served it's purpose. My dad had an aft-facing balcony cabin and the outlet was across the room over by the desk so you'll definitely need an extension cord no matter which cabin you are in.

On a side note, you can call Carnival's Special Needs department and ask if a portable shower seat and/or toilet seat riser could be made available to you in your bathroom, if need be. Carnival will provide these to folks upon request free of charge.

• 1 month later...

So, I watched the video of the Deck 12 interior spa room that another poster mentioned. It was really small! We have had interior spa rooms on the Dream and Splendor and they weren't that small.

Are the spa interior rooms on Deck 11 Sunshine the same or is it just the Deck 12 rooms.

Maggie

Travelerblue-

I think I read that the spa interior cabins are smaller then other interior cabins, Why don't you just call your agent and see if she can move you without there being a charge. It can't hurt to ask . The agents are usually good at showing you options without making you commit. Tell her your worries about the cpap machie etc...

From working in the medical field I know what you mean and I know how much a small room can make a difference when you have bulky medical equipment. I know it would be so much more enjoyable if you had something larger. Maybe they will have options for you. i would hate for your husband to be miserable the whole vacation :( It can't hurt to try!

Oh boy, this is going to be fun. We used the Carnival rep that my friend has used for years. Like I said, my DH is not happy that I booked Carnival but we are going with friends and this is the ship they picked. Since it is our first Carnival cruise, we aren't familiar with all the rate policies. With NCL you book with one rate and that is it. I have read on other boards where people make cabin changes and lose their Early Saver and can no longer get any price drops, not that we have had any. The prices have only gone up so far. So I have no idea what to do. We will probably just go with it at this point rather than pay another $600 or more for a ship he really isn't excited about in the first place. Glad you mentioned the extension cord. NCL provides them so we have never brought our own.

Once you are Early Saver, you are always Early Saver, even if you switch cabin categories. There is a restriction you can't downgrade your cabin category though.

Have you thought of pricing out the Oceanview cabins? Usually they are bigger on the majority of ships (perhaps someone can chime in who knows for sure about Sunshine.). Generally 220 sq ft vs 185 for an inside.

If you did upgrade to Oceanview, you would just watch for price drops on the category of your new cabin.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Once you are Early Saver, you are always Early Saver, even if you switch cabin categories. There is a restriction you can't downgrade your cabin category though.

Have you thought of pricing out the Oceanview cabins? Usually they are bigger on the majority of ships (perhaps someone can chime in who knows for sure about Sunshine.). Generally 220 sq ft vs 185 for an inside.

If you did upgrade to Oceanview, you would just watch for price drops on the category of your new cabin.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agreed, you can't downgrade, but you can upgrade or move to some other cabin in your same category even. I have done that before at no cost! Just call your agent and talk to them. They will discuss any charges with you before they do anything!

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but I am also interested in booking room 11001 and was wondering if anyone had pictures of it.

I know this is an old post, but I am also interested in booking room 11001 and was wondering if anyone had pictures of it.

there is nothing at all on the net regarding that cabin. sorry