Does or has Royal Caribbean offered a discounted alcohol pkg incentive?

Having traveled celebrity the last 2 years and being spoiled with the free alcohol package or before that a discounted one' date=' I wondered if RCL has ever do e that?[/quote']

The only time I've seen a promo on the drink package is on certain transatlantic cruises. When they did this, no other perks (OBC, balcony discount, savings certificate, Senior/Residency rates, etc.) were combinable.

The only time I've seen a promo on the drink package is on certain transatlantic cruises. When they did this, no other perks (OBC, balcony discount, savings certificate, Senior/Residency rates, etc.) were combinable.

Actually the balcony discount WAS combinable with the beverage package promo on the transatlantic cruises for Spring 2014. :D Resident, Senior, next cruise/shareholder OBC, etc were not. I don't know about savings certs, as to get the Bev package promo you had to book a balcony or higher, and balcony discount trumps savings cert value virtually every time.

Edited by scottamiller

Actually the balcony discount WAS combinable with the beverage package promo on the transatlantic cruises for Spring 2014. :D Resident, Senior, next cruise/shareholder OBC, etc were not. I don't know about savings certs, as to get the Bev package promo you had to book a balcony or higher, and balcony discount trumps savings cert value virtually every time.

They must have tightened it up later. Here are the terms from the promo last September:

Free Premium Beverage Package Offer applies to first two guests in a stateroom; balcony or suite stateroom purchase required. Offer applies to select 2014 Ocean Voyage sailings aboard Adventure of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas, Independence of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas and Serenade of the Seas and cruise must be booked September 11 - October 15, 2013. Must mention option code SPV3 at time of booking. Option code SPV3 must be applied to booking by October 15, 2013 to be eligible for the offer. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Resident, Senior, Military, Police/Fire, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits. Valued at $55 per guest per day, the Premium Beverage Package includes house wine by the glass, beer, fountain soda, and well / call / premium cocktails and frozen drinks. The Premium Beverage Package does not include room service or in stateroom purchases, specialty coffee, mini bar items, canned sodas, bottled water / juice and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus or super premium category beverages. Guests must be 21 years of age or older. Package is subject to the terms of the Royal Caribbean International Alcohol Policy. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare are eligible for Offer. Prices and Offer apply to new individual bookings (not applicable to groups), are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. © 2013 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships registry: The Bahamas

Edited by clarea

• 1 month later...

Have been contemplating Oasis of the Seas next January, but really would like to get a beverage package. Doesn't seem likely since it's only a Caribbean cruise, but never know. If the price would just come down, then we'd probably book anyway and add the beverage package later. Works for me! We also got spoiled by the beverage package on Celebrity Reflection earlier this year. Might have to go back to Celebrity if we don't get a deal on Oasis.

Have been contemplating Oasis of the Seas next January, but really would like to get a beverage package. Doesn't seem likely since it's only a Caribbean cruise, but never know. If the price would just come down, then we'd probably book anyway and add the beverage package later. Works for me! We also got spoiled by the beverage package on Celebrity Reflection earlier this year. Might have to go back to Celebrity if we don't get a deal on Oasis.

Yes, we were able to take advantage of the free alcohol pkg incentive on Celebrity and loved it! I am not sure that I would've gotten my money's worth if I paid for it, but loved it as an incentive. I sure wish Royal would do that. I did hear or read somewhere that it is unlikely though because it is a younger crowd. They are afraid they'll go through too much booze I guess. lol