Pre-paid gratuity question

Hi Guys,

I haven't said in a while, and I searched through some forums but couldn't find the answer.

DH and I are doing my time dining and pre-paid gratuities are automatic. I'm glad, I like it being pre-paid and I can budget and have the flexibility to tip more I desire.

My question is - The gratuities are just for the main dining room, right? We will still have to tip the stateroom attendant?

Hi Guys,

I haven't said in a while, and I searched through some forums but couldn't find the answer.

DH and I are doing my time dining and pre-paid gratuities are automatic. I'm glad, I like it being pre-paid and I can budget and have the flexibility to tip more I desire.

My question is - The gratuities are just for the main dining room, right? We will still have to tip the stateroom attendant?

The prepaid gratuities include the dining staff and your stateroom attendant.

Hi Guys,

No. Here is a breakdown of how the gratuities are distributed:

Effective March 1, 2013

To simplify the service recognition process, Royal Caribbean automatically adds a $12.00 USD gratuity ($14.25 USD for Suite Guests) to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis.

This gratuity is shared by Dining Services Staff Stateroom Attendants and other Housekeeping Services Personnel ($1.35) that work to enhance your cruise. The daily automatic gratuity amounts are recommended and are based on customary industry standards.

$6.80 Dining Service

$3.85 Stateroom Attendant……………)$7.45 for GS and Above

$1.35 Other Housekeeping Personnel…)

$12.00 ($14.25 if booked in a GS or above)

• 5 weeks later...
No. Here is a breakdown of how the gratuities are distributed:

Effective March 1, 2013

To simplify the service recognition process, Royal Caribbean automatically adds a $12.00 USD gratuity ($14.25 USD for Suite Guests) to each guest’s SeaPass® account on a daily basis.

This gratuity is shared by Dining Services Staff Stateroom Attendants and other Housekeeping Services Personnel ($1.35) that work to enhance your cruise. The daily automatic gratuity amounts are recommended and are based on customary industry standards.

$6.80 Dining Service

$3.85 Stateroom Attendant……………)$7.45 for GS and Above

$1.35 Other Housekeeping Personnel…)

$12.00 ($14.25 if booked in a GS or above)

The breakdown above is per day per person right? So if 4 in cabin that's 12 per day so that would be 6.80x4 for dining per day, etc?

Just want to make sure I'm reading that right. I think last time we gave a little extra to the dining room staff at the end of the week. You feel like you get to know them eating there every night and they usually do things to get to know you like bring your usual drink, etc. I'm just wonder what would be considered "over the top" to give a little extra. My husband thinks he's Daddy Warbucks (and he's not, this cruise is a special occasion) so I just want to be able to say to him -- the tips have been included, this is how much they got in gratuities already so he may not feel the need to tip extra unless it is warranted.

Thanks for the help

The breakdown above is per day per person right? So if 4 in cabin that's 12 per day so that would be 6.80x4 for dining per day, etc?

Just want to make sure I'm reading that right. I think last time we gave a little extra to the dining room staff at the end of the week. You feel like you get to know them eating there every night and they usually do things to get to know you like bring your usual drink, etc. I'm just wonder what would be considered "over the top" to give a little extra. My husband thinks he's Daddy Warbucks (and he's not, this cruise is a special occasion) so I just want to be able to say to him -- the tips have been included, this is how much they got in gratuities already so he may not feel the need to tip extra unless it is warranted.

Thanks for the help

Yes, the breakdown was per guest per day.