The Jewel 2 twin beds or 1 large bed

luv2gamble

Hi all, going on the Jewel mid ship mini suite w balcony. Going w a friend so we decided to have 2 twin beds. However, I hear you might have more room if we put the beds together. I spoke w my friend and she said it didnt matter to her, which ever gives us more room. Does anyone know which way you are better off doing? I already booked it w 2 twins but they said I can change that. Thanks all:D

your room doesn't get any bigger if you put the beds together :)

I think you'd be fine separating the beds a foot or two. The best way to tell is to have the steward set it up that way and see if you like it.

The Jewel mini's also have a pretty comfortable queen sized couch, especially if you get a mattress topper.

IMG_3925-vi.jpg

Lots of pictures of the Jewel in these photo albums: http://public.fotki.com/ritchiefamily/san_diego_family/2012-pictures/alaska-cruise-2012/

Edited by sdmike

Thanks Mike. Years ago I was on the Dawn w inside cabins and it was really really small. We did as you said. Started w 2 twins and asked to put together. After together we could not walk and asked to seperate again. The steward had the nerve to yell at me saying "lady, you cant keep changing your mind" and the next day they never cleaned my room. I called and complained they sent me a bottle of wine lol. I thought someone would know the mini suite size etc. didnt want to go through that again. Thanks again.

We have been in an inside and a mini on the Jade (sister ship). There is much more room in the mini suite and you will love the balcony. We separated the beds in both staterooms. Only thing to be aware of in the mini is that round night light on the wall/headboard you can see in sdmike's picture. When the bed closest to the curtain/sofa is split into a twin that light is directly over your head. I hit my head on it the first night. Ask for one of the large square pillows they use for the full suites to cover the light and it solves the problem. Also, getting into the closet is tighter when the beds are separated, but not a big deal - it just requires some coordination.

Edited by herdingdogmom

I was going to say the same thing. There's a couple feet of space on each side of the bed. If you use 2 of those feet to separate the beds, then you don't have a lot of room on the sides, including in front of the closet. it is certainly workable though.

By the way, herdingdogmom, I just adopted a rescued aussie cattle dog (heeler) mix. She's 3 months old and gorgeous. Smart as a whip too. If I wouldn't get dinged for an OT post I'd show you a picture. haha

Edited by sdmike

dogmom...thanks for the info. Yes, I saw that light in the pic. I would never have known you can get that cover. Thanks so much. Maybe I should ask for the bed to be put together if you say I would have better closet access. Glad I asked. Thanks again:D

Thanks for the inside info mike. Mike, you seem to have all the answers for me lol. Still cant get your pics of Alaska w the eagle out of my head. Getting really excited to go. Just came back Sunday from the Breakaway but looking forward to the Jewel. The Breakaway dining I was not thrilled. The MDR was only open for dinner. You had to go to the smaller rest for breakfast and/or lunch. Looking forward to a smaller ship but not a smaller room. After reading what you both wrote, Im calling NCL tomorrow and changing it to one bed. Thanks again:D

I was going to say the same thing. There's a couple feet of space on each side of the bed. If you use 2 of those feet to separate the beds, then you don't have a lot of room on the sides, including in front of the closet. it is certainly workable though.

By the way, herdingdogmom, I just adopted a rescued aussie cattle dog (heeler) mix. She's 3 months old and gorgeous. Smart as a whip too. If I wouldn't get dinged for an OT post I'd show you a picture. haha

I have fostered many herder mixes and have two of my own. Herders are the best. I'd love to see a picture of your new puppy: herdingdogmom at sbcglobal dot net

Beverly