RC Kusadasi Cancellations ?

.....and, of course you know it's because of terrorist threats in Turkey, right?

RCI always has, does now, and always will put it's passengers' safety first.

I'm sorry you'll miss it, but maybe another time when things have cooled off (if they ever will).

If its any consolation to you, the same thing happened to us last year on the Brilliance, for the same reasons. We were just grateful not to be put in a compromising position re our safety.

However, they substituted Messina (for Taormina), which turned out to be my favourite port by a mile! So everything happens for a reason. Hopefully you enjoy whatever they substitute Turkey with as much as we did.

Cruise HQ is telling passengers that Kusadasi is still on, despite what on-board passengers are telling us. Also, I heard Celebrity's Galaxy just cancelled its Kusadasi port call, and Oceania's Insignia cancelled its port call at Dikili.

The PKK (Kurdish separtist) have promised a "summer of bombings," and one Turkish police official has predicted that al Qaeda will be mounting an attack "before November." Given all this uncertainty, I'd recommend buying cruise insurance if you already haven't. We used www.tripinsurancestore.com to find a carrier with terrorism insurance and one that covered us in case of a trip delay that didn't require a full cancellation of the cruise in order to cover our additional expenses.

We were on the Galaxy..we did go to Istanbul, but they cancelled Kusadashi. We went Olympia Greece instead. It turned out to be a great port and I enjoyed it. I am glad that Celebrity looks out for their passengers.

Karen

On the July 23 Brilliance sailing, Kusadasi was cancelled and we had an extra sea day instead. Princess, however, which was docked next to us at one of the ports went ahead and visited Kusadasi. We also had Mykonos cancelled due to winds up to 107 mph which prevented docking and caused a very scary 45- to 50- degree list, which sent glassware flying and reputedly broke 10,000 dishes in the galley and dining room.

Allen

I was on the July 25 sailing of the Grand Princess. We did indeed stop in Kusadasi and it was one of my preferred ports. There was increased visible security compared to last year...several boats patrolled the ship.

We had heard about the Brilliance cancellation in Mykonos. We had very high winds on the day we dockedas well and it was said on the ship that only Captain Andy Proctor had enough experience to get us in. We were on a excursion to Delos and let me tell you that the ride was choppy indeed! Both the excursion and Mykonos itself were splendid!

Archived