pike market original starbucks plus

luv2gamble

One thing to consider is that depending on the time of day the line at the original Starbucks can be long. They sell items and a coffee that are only available at that store. The emblem in the window is the original and that's the only place they have it.

If you wanted to buy a special coffee mug or get some coffee the line might eat up most of your hour.

It is across from the market.

During cruise season, Pike Place Market is madly crowded EVERY day. Weekdays and early mornings are a little better, but that's only relative to the insanity of a Saturday afternoon there! I love the place, but my visit today might be my last until September.

Thanks for the info.

One thing to consider is that depending on the time of day the line at the original Starbucks can be long. They sell items and a coffee that are only available at that store. The emblem in the window is the original and that's the only place they have it.

If you wanted to buy a special coffee mug or get some coffee the line might eat up most of your hour.

It is across from the market.

I was at the Market yesterday, and I can confirm this. The line was out the door and past the next three stores up the block. In the rain. When the cruise ships aren't even here yet.

So if you simply MUST buy any of the stuff RBKL mentions, or you just HAVE to have a latte at the oldest Starbucks still in operation (it isn't really even the original one!), go early in the day, or be prepared for a wait. Otherwise...there are over 420 Starbucks stores in Seattle. Walk a block--you'll see another one!!

(Oh--and the oldest Starbucks is not across from the Market. It's in the Market, in the Soames-Dunn Building. It's across from the North Arcade, which (along with the Main Arcade) many people mistake for "the Market." But there are actually around twenty buildings and multiple levels that make up Pike Place Market! Most visitors never see anywhere near all of them (and some parts you can't--there's a childcare center, a medical clinic, and 200 units of low-income and senior housing!), but I always recommend poking around in the odd corners and lower levels--there's some really interesting stuff there!)