Cruises for under 18yo doesn't count for Latitudes?

ma_t_gus

Oh man, my son turned 18 this year and I'm guessing he has to start over to get his Latitudes number. He has 4 NCL cruises under his belt already but I'm guessing the Latitudes number they assigned him from the beginning is not applicable. Website can't find his old Latitudes#. DARN !!!!!

Oh man, my son turned 18 this year and I'm guessing he has to start over to get his Latitudes number. He has 4 NCL cruises under his belt already but I'm guessing the Latitudes number they assigned him from the beginning is not applicable. Website can't find his old Latitudes#. DARN !!!!!

Don't you have the number?

It should count. I have two cruises on my account that I went on with my parents a LONG time ago. I had to write in to the Latitudes people to have one added to my account. Took about 6 weeks, but they added it no problem. If you know the sail date and the ship you should be good to go.

I was 14 and 17 on my previous NCL cruises that are on my current Latitudes account.

6&8

Contact NCL (as it says on the page when you can't find the latitudes number) and they will find it for you.

It should count. I have two cruises on my account that I went on with my parents a LONG time ago. I had to write in to the Latitudes people to have one added to my account. Took about 6 weeks, but they added it no problem. If you know the sail date and the ship you should be good to go.

I was 14 and 17 on my previous NCL cruises that are on my current Latitudes account.

6&8

Sweet. No rush on it but I wanted to see if he has one. I'll contact them when we plan for the next trip.

I agree. The two cruises my kids took with us nine and ten years ago still show up on their Latitudes account (they haven't cruised since). NCL can definitely help you find their numbers. Be careful, though, of address changes. Our accounts were listed as "one household", and when my daughter, who is planning a cruise in December, changed her address, all of our addresses changed. It was easily fixed, but I just noticed it because I was printing out some paperwork for a current cruise DH and I are taking!:rolleyes:

Contact NCL (as it says on the page when you can't find the latitudes number) and they will find it for you.

Good suggestion. Also, if you have a relationship with a TA, s/he can look for your son's number by using his identifying info (telephone number, address, etc). You may even find that he has more than one Latitudes number.

We are currently trying to get one son's account corrected. After one phone call, he was able to open his Latitudes account, but the cruises were incomplete. I've made phone calls and written an e-mail for him, but nothing yet. Several years ago, DH and I had a problem with credit for the same cruise for which NCL has not credited my son. It took many e-mails and quite a bit of time, but it was eventually fixed, so I'm hoping that our son's will eventually be corrected as well. Hopefully your correction is quicker and easier, but it might take some time.

Good luck!

They don't get status until 18 but they can create an account after 14. I signed our 15 DD up before our last trip (both kids lats numbers showed on our reservation) so I had the info. There is also a search option on the NCL site to find your info if you have a certain combo of info - I think just having the reservation # and name was all it took. Since you should have your cruise history on your latitudes account you can find your prior reservation #s online.

I did a little research as my kid approached the age of 18 and was able to figure out what cruises thay had credited to them.

Some were missing and I used my cruise history to prove they were present and the result was that they all were instant Platinum upon turning 18.

I did a little research as my kid approached the age of 18 and was able to figure out what cruises thay had credited to them.

Some were missing and I used my cruise history to prove they were present and the result was that they all were instant Platinum upon turning 18.

Nice...