Which Dining Option to Pick - Allure

We will be doing a 7 day Med cruise in June next year with our 3 kiddos (ages 9/10/12). We are trying to figure out which dining option would be best taking into consideration that every day but one is a port day where we will have activities planned, and that we will want to see a few of the evening shows.

This will be our first time on RCCL. We have only previously sailed on Disney with our kids, and really enjoyed the early dining option where we got to know our servers, and had time to see shows after dinner or unwind for a while before bed.

We currently have the MyTime Dining booked. Should we switch to a main dining time? If so, which one?

Whether its early or late dining, you will have the same servers, so a chance to get to know them is the same either way.

I have heard that MTD often has different servers, so you may want to consider that.

As for which dining time...really only you can determine that, depending on your kids. The late dining is often as late as 830pm. There are plenty of opportunities to keep the kids from getting hungry, and my kids at that age enjoyed late dining as it gave them an opportunity to eat a slice of pizza at 5, and other snacks later before dinner. When they were much smaller, I never would have done late, as they wanted to go to Adventure Ocean, and it started really messing with bedtimes.

Med cruises are port intensive and exhausting. I would stay with the MTD you already have booked; I feel this is an excellent option if you are hungry early one night and not the next, or have a late day in port, or whatever. There is every chance you will have the same wait team each night in MTD, but even if not, it's not really a big deal. You will be well taken care of, regardless.

You are also free to eat in the Windjammer buffet for dinner, which is really wonderful in the evening - much less frenzied and hectic than at breakfast and lunch - or a specialty restaurant. If you have MTD, you don't need to tell the wait staff you may not show up the next night.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Med cruises are port intensive and exhausting. I would stay with the MTD you already have booked; I feel this is an excellent option if you are hungry early one night and not the next, or have a late day in port, or whatever. There is every chance you will have the same wait team each night in MTD, but even if not, it's not really a big deal. You will be well taken care of, regardless.

You are also free to eat in the Windjammer buffet for dinner, which is really wonderful in the evening - much less frenzied and hectic than at breakfast and lunch - or a specialty restaurant. If you have MTD, you don't need to tell the wait staff you may not show up the next night.

Enjoy your cruise. :)

Thank you - great advice!