Group dinner Crown Grill

scrapycruiser

Several of us on our roll call want to get a group together for dinner at the Crown Grill. We will be on the British Isle cruise. Who do we contact about this ?

How many can they accommodate ?

This can't be arranged before boarding. Whomever is organizing this should go to where they're taking reservations and make the reservation ASAP. They should have a list of passengers and cabin #'s.

On the Sapphire a month ago, there was someone outside Sabatini's taking reservations for both restaurants on embarkation day. Not sure whether it's the same on the Ruby.

Not a huge crowd ... but I've booked a table for 10 at Crown Grill by just calling DineLine. Once there, each couple was given separate bills for dinner and what they ordered to drink. Easy ... no problems. :)

LuLu

~~~

Not a huge crowd ... but I've booked a table for 10 at Crown Grill by just calling DineLine. Once there, each couple was given separate bills for dinner and what they ordered to drink. Easy ... no problems. :)
I'm not as trusting as you. :) I wanna see them write the names down and confirm everything is set before I leave. One of the benefits to giving them the names and cabin #'s is that they send a reminder/confirmation to your cabin. Edited by Pam in CA

We don't want that or it will end up like the sanctuary. :(
In a way, you're right. The negative to being able to pre-reserve online is that those who book a cruise early could freeze out anyone booking later, particularly formal nights which are the most popular. Not everyone is on CC nor would they think to book ahead. At least on embarkation day, everyone has a chance within the first three hours which IMHO, is a fairer system. :)

There are some things I wish you could order and pay for ahead of time online, such as OBC, wine, soda or alcohol package, etc.

I'm not as trusting as you. :) I wanna see them write the names down and confirm everything is set before I leave. One of the benefits to giving them the names and cabin #'s is that they send a reminder/confirmation to your cabin.

Great advice. We learned the hard way on our January cruise. We booked a table for 8 over the phone and they were shocked when we got there at the scheduled time. They accommodated us, but our same waiter had another table for 8 right next to us and the service was lacking.

We too want to have dinner at a specialty restaurant on Golden in July. I'm only familiar with cruise lines where you can book on line ahead of time so curious how this works....

On day of embarkation is there a mad rush to make the reservation in person or do you phone a reservation # from your cabin ?

Is there enough seating to insure that each person on board is able to eat in one of the specialty restaurants once during a 1 week cruise (even if it might not be their 1st choice of nights)? Guessing that you can't eat twice unless everyone has had an opportunity to eat there once.

Thanks for teaching me the ins and outs of Princess.

Edited by petlover

We too want to have dinner at a specialty restaurant on Golden in July. I'm only familiar with cruise lines where you can book on line ahead of time so curious how this works....

On day of embarkation is there a mad rush to make the reservation in person or do you phone a reservation # from your cabin ?

Is there enough seating to insure that each person on board is able to eat in one of the specialty restaurants once during a 1 week cruise (even if it might not be their 1st choice of nights)? Guessing that you can't eat twice unless everyone has had an opportunity to eat there once.

No mad rush... often, the specialty restaurants seem to be empty or have lots of empty tables whenever I go. Formal nights are the busiest.

You can call the DINE line but the first day, they are very busy and often don't pick up for minutes. They are short-staffed as many of the crew are used for embarkation day luggage and other chores. Plus, you have Elites calling to change out mini-bar set-ups, general passengers ordering set-ups, etc. That's why I prefer to go to Sabatini's directly where I can see them writing everything down.

You can make a reservation for every night if you want. There's no limit.

The food in the dining room is often good to excellent so the vast number of passengers prefer to eat in the dining room and not pay the premium to eat in a specialty restaurant. For instance, you can get a beef tenderloin every night in the dining room and filet mignon is available at least one night. I order it with a loaded baked potato and Bearnaise sauce so it's not that different from what I order in the Sterling Steakhouse or the Crown Grill. Yes, it's better in the specialty restaurant but it's still pretty darned good in the dining room. Shrimp cocktail is available every night in the dining room. They're bigger in the Sterling Steakhouse or the Crown Grill.

No mad rush... often, the specialty restaurants seem to be empty or have lots of empty tables whenever I go. Formal nights are the busiest.

You can call the DINE line but the first day, they are very busy and often don't pick up for minutes. They are short-staffed as many of the crew are used for embarkation day luggage and other chores. Plus, you have Elites calling to change out mini-bar set-ups, general passengers ordering set-ups, etc. That's why I prefer to go to Sabatini's directly where I can see them writing everything down.

You can make a reservation for every night if you want. There's no limit.

The food in the dining room is often good to excellent so the vast number of passengers prefer to eat in the dining room and not pay the premium to eat in a specialty restaurant. For instance, you can get a beef tenderloin every night in the dining room and filet mignon is available at least one night. I order it with a loaded baked potato and Bearnaise sauce so it's not that different from what I order in the Sterling Steakhouse or the Crown Grill. Yes, it's better in the specialty restaurant but it's still pretty darned good in the dining room. Shrimp cocktail is available every night in the dining room. They're bigger in the Sterling Steakhouse or the Crown Grill.

Thanks for always being SO helpful Pam !

There is no mad rush on embarkation day to make reservations in the specialty restaurants. Some nights do fill up so if you know when you want to eat during the cruise make the res on embarkation day.