Questions for a first timer in Haven? :)

rocky55

Thank you to those who responded by disclosing the amount they actually tipped. I do understand that tipping is subjective, but I would appreciate hearing more from those who will tell me how much they gave, and whether it was for the cabin or per person. Real life examples are more helpful.

Many thanks. Will take that approach. I am a generous tipper, having worked as a waiter in my younger years, so I want to 'do the right thing', but also don't want to feel like I am an 'employer' on board... :D

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but if you don't want to worry about how much cash to bring, you can go down to guest services and pay the tip there for each person and it will get added to your account. You will get a voucher and you can put that in an envelope and hand those out. Just try to get their full name otherwise they have to look it up and that slows the process down.

• 4 weeks later...
Forgive my ignorance, but I thought if you had prepaid gratuities, you do not have gratuities to pay at the end?

If you are in a suite you have a butler and concierge that are NOT included in the Daily Service Charge (what you are calling prepaid gratuities). The Kids Club attendants also are NOT included in the DSC. This is because these crew/staff members do not attend to all passengers so they are not included in the DSC payout. Those that have access to them only are expected to tip accordingly.

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought if you had prepaid gratuities, you do not have gratuities to pay at the end?

The above is correct if you do not have a suite. With a suite, extra gratuities are paid in addition to the service charge, as the concierge and butler are not a part of the service charges you mentioned.