Oasis Of The Seas Review April 5th to 12th

Which drink package?

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Forums mobile app

Hey there, we had the Premium, and to us it was worth it 100%....It was soooo nice to not have to worry about what we were ordering.

After a short wait we finally got to board...Now I didn't take any pics as we boarded, I was concentrating too much on video. After a quick jaw drop in the promenade we went up to deck 8 to Central Park to grab our first cocktail of the cruise.

Here is my beautiful wife enjoying our first martini.

IMG_0568.jpg

And a few more from central park

IMG_0560.jpg

We poked our heads into a few of the specialty restaurants on Central Park, more on that later, but here is a quick shot from inside 150 Central Park

IMG_0563.jpg

OK FOLKS, i just realized my typing is all over the place, I'm either exhausted or its the new computer. I will post much more tomorrow, with lots more pics. Now I did take three different cameras on this trip, the best part is as the cruise went on I finally figured out how to master the GOPro. More on that also later, as well as the link to my youtube page I am creating...Lots of cool vids coming, I promise!

After we visited Central Park and made a reservation at Chops for our anniversary it was off to find the Boardwalk. This is space is amazing, I wish we spend more time out there, we really tried, but man its tough to get everywhere. On the Boardwalk of course there is the Donut Shop, Ice Cream a special photo store to have special pics taken, and I'm sure you know the rest. Here is a pic of Candice with a horse.

IMG_0571.jpg

Here is another of The Boardwalk that I think I took with my iPhone

IMG_3127.jpg

It was amazing how fast 1pm came and it was time to check out our cabin, and drop off that heavy backpack I was lugging around. We had a D6 balcony on Deck 12 forward, cabin 12542. I was a little worried about the location, but It turned out to be a perfect spot. Little to NO noise, and very little foot traffic. Here is the first shot.

I didn't feel a need to edit this pic. We had the Premium drink package, the soda cups were waiting for us in our cabin.

IMG_3118.jpg

Sorry if I missed it, but what program are you using to edit the raw files?

I just got a macbook pro yesterday, so I am just using the iPhoto editor for now. Do you have any recommendations? I was looking at Aperture.

working on editing some more pics this morning, will be posting them soon. Is anyone interested?

Yes, yes, very interested, waiting for your pictures. Thank you for doing this review. I reviewed once the Majesty and remember how much work that was. And Majesty is tiny compared to Oasis!!

I just got a macbook pro yesterday, so I am just using the iPhoto editor for now. Do you have any recommendations? I was looking at Aperture.

No, sorry, no experience with editing RAW photos. However, I've read that you can get much better quality if you do that.

No, sorry, no experience with editing RAW photos. However, I've read that you can get much better quality if you do that.

Yes the RAW file is the entire image without any processing. Its nice because it allows you to make the changes based on what you see. A JPG image does the editing for you by compressing the file. Its pretty good stuff, just takes a while.

working on editing some more pics this morning, will be posting them soon. Is anyone interested?

Enjoying your review and pictures (love the wife with horse one).

Quick question...planning on cruising Oasis next summer to celebrate 2 of my kids high school graduations (son is graduating early). We are also considering Independence and Liberty (if she goes to Fort Laud.) We have sailed the Freedom a few times which we have loved, but want to try a different ship. We plan to either do a 7 day Oasis OR a 7 day Independence/5 day Liberty combo if the price is close. We really aren't into the bars or specialty restaurants on Oasis, so this isn't important to us.

Sounds silly, but the thing that our family LOVES the most about the Freedom are the family competition games like Battle of the Sexes, Finish the Lyric, Majority Rules, 60 Seconds or Less, etc. where we all can go together as a family....even our 11 year old, although some of the games are more adult themed. Does the Oasis offer this kind of thing in the lounges?

We are trying to figure out if it is better to do 7 days on Oasis or go for more days on Independence/Liberty (if offered) combo. Our kids ages will be 12, 16, 18, 19 and daughter's boyfriend 20. Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it!

Enjoying your review and pictures (love the wife with horse one).

Quick question...planning on cruising Oasis next summer to celebrate 2 of my kids high school graduations (son is graduating early). We are also considering Independence and Liberty (if she goes to Fort Laud.) We have sailed the Freedom a few times which we have loved, but want to try a different ship. We plan to either do a 7 day Oasis OR a 7 day Independence/5 day Liberty combo if the price is close. We really aren't into the bars or specialty restaurants on Oasis, so this isn't important to us.

Sounds silly, but the thing that our family LOVES the most about the Freedom are the family competition games like Battle of the Sexes, Finish the Lyric, Majority Rules, 60 Seconds or Less, etc. where we all can go together as a family....even our 11 year old, although some of the games are more adult themed. Does the Oasis offer this kind of thing in the lounges?

We are trying to figure out if it is better to do 7 days on Oasis or go for more days on Independence/Liberty (if offered) combo. Our kids ages will be 12, 16, 18, 19 and daughter's boyfriend 20. Thanks for any help, I really appreciate it!

Hey There,

I do remember seeing some of those options in the compass, maybe someone who has one handy can double check. I truly feel that you can't go wrong with Oasis. Still plenty of options with free dining, but there is so so much to do on that ship, I still feel like I missed something. More pics coming!

Hey There,

I do remember seeing some of those options in the compass, maybe someone who has one handy can double check. I truly feel that you can't go wrong with Oasis. Still plenty of options with free dining, but there is so so much to do on that ship, I still feel like I missed something. More pics coming!

Thanks skyking....I have looked at a recent Oasis compass, but it only shows a couple of the shows and one was listed as adult only which would exclude 2 of my younger kids from attending.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your review, maybe it will sway me!! :)

I want to apologize for my pic review delay...This week has been hectic, and then I got the cruise ship funk flu, and have been down for a few days.....SOOOO Lets pic it up shall we.

After we got to our cabin and dropped our bags off it was time to head out explore some more. This time we decided to head back down to the Promenade and get another drink using our Premium drink package. I took a few shots why we were down there.

IMG_3124.jpg

Another random shot looking forward, from right in front of the car on the Royal Promenade.

IMG_3125.jpg

Here is a random shot I took looking into the pub

IMG_3131.jpg

Now a few things about day 1 on the Promenade is this..They push really hard on the drink package, and the specialty restaurants....I get it I really do, and it doesn't bother us one bit. We met a funny Character name Savash from turkey, he was trying to get people to dine at the Solarium bistro, and he got us...We signed up for a reservation at 6pm on Monday night...And I'm glad we did, more on that later.

We quickly realized that we had not been up to the pool area as of yet, so It was time to head up there and see what was going...Of course we were met by beautiful weather and some great pool music...Just after we took this selfie we said hi to a couple walking by, oddly enough we would hang out with them the rest of the cruise, as well as see them again in Orlando after the cruise...They are from Australia and we had a blast with them..Friends for life I hope.

IMG_3132.jpg

Soon it was time for sail away, but before that the dreaded muster drill....I told the Aussie couple that we be back at the wipeout bar if interested at sail away, if they wanted to join us back there for the view. And then we headed to our muster station in the Opal theater..SO I got yelled at by 1 lady manning the stairs, because I didn't have my sea pass card in my hand, soooo this is where it ended up, just to avoid any confusion:)

IMG_3135.jpg

The muster drill was pretty painless, but now it was to to fight the crowd up the stairs and elevators to find a spot for sail away. We headed back to the wipeout bar area, and met up with Candace and Juan (Australia Friends) It was a perfect day to sail away, we made out last minute phone calls, and of course took more pics.

IMG_0573.jpg

SOOOO Long Lauderdale, see ya in a week!!

IMG_3137.jpg

Just a simple shot, kinda boring

IMG_0585.jpg

Ok this is my last post of the night, its almost time for bed. One more thing, I have uploaded a few videos to my youtube, I have a lot more to load from two different cameras, but here is the link. ENJOY!

I've got two basset hounds myself! I am going on the Oasis May 10th, so this review should be quite helpful

Enjoy your voyage on Oasis, she's a beautiful ship. Never did we feel in a big crowd except for embarkation/debarkation. As I type this, our basset is doing what she does best, sleeping on the couch, and I'm having coffee from my cup which has the picture of a basset and the words "keep calm and waddle on"!