Disney Fantasy vs MSC Divina YC

legion3

I know this might be a low mileage thread but won't know without asking.

We are debating two cruises. MSC Divina YC1 or Disney Fantasy OV. The price is roughly the same.

Has anyone done both, hoping since the Divina has been in the US for a while someone has sailed both lines.

We do have two small kids.

As far as ports go we would be happy with either ship.

I know this might be a low mileage thread but won't know without asking.

We are debating two cruises. MSC Divina YC1 or Disney Fantasy OV. The price is roughly the same.

Has anyone done both, hoping since the Divina has been in the US for a while someone has sailed both lines.

We do have two small kids.

As far as ports go we would be happy with either ship.

How old are your kids? Have taken 4 Disney cruises with the family - and in general I highly recommend IF you can afford to take a Disney cruise that you do so. The Fantasy is an amazing ship too.

I will be sailing on Divina with the family in a little over a week - and promise I will come back with a comparison.

For comparison purposes, I have a 14 year old and a 5 year old.

I haven't been on either but I'd choose Disney any day of the week. I've done heaps of reading on the Disney ships and thik my kids would get a huge buzz out of them - 6, 7 and 12 years. Obviously if it was just my husband and I travelling then we'd choose the yacht club - as we have done for our upcoming cruise in July.

Who are you booking the cruise for, yourself/spouse, or your kids?

Yourself/Spouse, definitely the Yacht Club on Divina!

Your kids, no one does it better for young kids then Disney!

Have a great cruise!:)

Exactly. Especially for kids under 12. Once you get into those teen years, its a hit and miss. We took my other half brother who was 13 on Disney and couldn't get rid of him. haha he wanted to stay with the adults. His favorite now was when I took him on Oasis last September in a crown loft suite. You just can not compare this type of room on any other class of ship at this time. just WOW.

Edited by Bosjoe

From what I've read, Disney is in a league of its own as regards catering for kids. I'd love to do one with my boys before they get too old but we are so far away from where they cruise.

The Disney Magic leaves Venice the same day as our cruise on the MSC Preziosia. I hope we can catch a glimpse of it at the port.