Zipline on Oasis

• 4 months later...

Is there ever a ship photographer there? Plan on surprising my kids by doing this.....

ETA Just signed online waiver

It states : Zip Line has a height restriction of 52" / 1320mm tall and weight restriction of maximum 275 pounds / 125 kilograms, which will be validated on board. Please read the waiver carefully to make sure the guest meets these requirements. There may be additional restrictions that will be validated on board. For your convenience, you may print the terms and conditions for your records by clicking the link below. You aren't required to bring a copy with you on board.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Yes, they have a scale there to weigh you! I was on Allure this past July and while I was in line for the zip line, a fellow passenger was rejected for being overweight and I saw them weigh him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there ever a ship photographer there? Plan on surprising my kids by doing this.....

ETA Just signed online waiver

It states : Zip Line has a height restriction of 52" / 1320mm tall and weight restriction of maximum 275 pounds / 125 kilograms, which will be validated on board. Please read the waiver carefully to make sure the guest meets these requirements. There may be additional restrictions that will be validated on board. For your convenience, you may print the terms and conditions for your records by clicking the link below. You aren't required to bring a copy with you on board.

I've never seen the photographer there. We have always taken our own pics. Although I have seen pics in the photo rack before.

they have scales... only use them if your pushin the limit

Well I better try it out at the start of the cruise....because near the end...who knows....

I'll try to look slimmer....maybe they wont weigh me....I think I'm right on the limit...:eek:

Thanks

Well I better try it out at the start of the cruise....because near the end...who knows....

I'll try to look slimmer....maybe they wont weigh me....I think I'm right on the limit...:eek:

Thanks

That was funny....trying it at the start. Just wear black ;)

Thanks

Well, I get your joke too, but you really should go at the beginning of the cruise . . . I saw the zipline open quite a few times during the week, especially on day 1, with the crew staffing it mostly standing around waiting for possiblle takers. On day 7, lots of people (including myself) decided to give it a try and we were left waiting in line in the hot sun for quite a while.

Enjoy your cruise and that short (but still fun) zipline!:)

Also there is a rule about the kind of shoes you need to wear to do the zip line. I hope someone else will pipe in with the info, but I think they said you had to be wearing tie on style shoes.

They ask for "secure" shoes, i.e., no flip flops.

They specify "closed toe" secure shoes (no closed toe slides). People who showed up with improper footwear were offered "shoes" to wear. Wish I could remember what they looked like, but they had them.

They also ask that no jewelry be worn. The woman behind me had a plain wedding band and small pair of stud earrings and they told her she was OK, but no necklaces, dangling or hoop earrings, wristwatches, etc.