when will we find out Cabin # for Guarantee Booking

CCJack

When do people typically find out their cabin number for a GTY category. We are 7 days out and no cabin number. At least it doesn't say on our reservation on the RCCL website. We booked through a TA however.

When have others found out?

When do people typically find out their cabin number for a GTY category. We are 7 days out and no cabin number. At least it doesn't say on our reservation on the RCCL website. We booked through a TA however.

It can be anytime between now and when you arrive at the pier.

We've done a few guarantees and got our stateroom within a couple of weeks of boooking.

I have gotten rooms as quickly as a few days, but they don't have to tell you until you get to the ship. Note that I got no phone call or email telling me of the room assignment, I just logged into my on-line account and there it was. Same story for being wait-listed for dinner - no notice that I cleared, but it was on my on-line account.

enjoy

Thom

It's weird you haven't been assigned a cabin. I once booked a cruise 6 days out and was assigned my cabin the very next morning.

Just keep checking it will shop up.

Also remember you can change cabins within same category for no extra charge, but my guess if you won't really have many options being this close to sail date.

Have a great cruise.

Michael

No typical time frame - anytime is the only answer.

can someone be more specific as to what I should look at on my online account.

If I click on my reservation # and it displays cruise summary. it still says GTY for cabin. Will this change, or do I have to go all the way to print a sea pass to see if it is updated. Just curious, your cabin is listed in several places. Right now they all say GTY.

Also, what do we do with luggage tags if assigned at the pier?

thanks.

can someone be more specific as to what I should look at on my online account.

If I click on my reservation # and it displays cruise summary. it still says GTY for cabin. Will this change, or do I have to go all the way to print a sea pass to see if it is updated. Just curious, your cabin is listed in several places. Right now they all say GTY.

Also, what do we do with luggage tags if assigned at the pier?

thanks.

The GTY will change to a stateroom number when the stateroom has been assigned.

If you get to the pier and still do not know your stateroom, the porter will be able to look up your stateroom assignment on the manifest and make up luggage tags.

Edited by clarea

You could also try clearing your cookies or cache to see if this is why you keep getting the same page that says GTY. That has happened to me when I look up prices and I keep getting the same ones and I know (thanks to CC) that there has been a price drop.

Yes, this is an Easter cruise, and I thought perhaps they were learning from the airlines... overbook... then try to figure out how to kick someone off at the last minute !!! We got our Jr. Suite. No upgrade, but did get a few $ off by booking the GTY. Cabin is right in the middle of port side, no complaints....