Getting an Upgrade?

I always try to self-upgrade. We book inside cabins because we are perfectly happy with them. But I regularly monitor the prices...if they drop on a better cabin, I make a call. Last month I noticed that the prices of the Panoramic Oceanview cabins dropped below what we paid for out interior cabins about a week before sailing. A quick phone call and they moved us, no issue.

Was worth the time invested in monitoring!

Nice! I am completely happy with the room we booked, plus even the interior rooms cost more now than when we booked our balcony room. I was just asking out of curiosity. I can't wait to eat breakfast on the balcony every morning haha

Upgrades that are "given" are always a mystery.

Do they upgrade multiple cabins in order to sell more lower level cabins? Do they try to keep family groups together and therefore need to move the in-between cabins?

We have cruised our way to D+ and never received an upgrade that we didn't seek out and pay for ourselves.

Our upcoming cruise is to HI and we have oddly received two emails from C&A reminding us to list our upgrade preferences.

It is a special voyage and balcony and suite cabins are at a premium so I am thinking that we will remain happy in our pre-purchased ocean view cabin.

Of course, if the upgrade fairy chose to pay us a visit, we wouldn't complain.

we have found that with doing a STATEROOM guarantee, we were only upgraded from interior to large interior. We have NEVER been bumped up to a balcony or anything else. We had our 15 last year, and they didnt do an upgrade but we were swamped with freebie drinks and candies in our room.