RC Visa points / unused on-board credit question

I was just wondering what happens if you don't use all of your on-board credit if you 'cash in' your RC Visa points?

What I mean is, if I trade in my points for a $500 on-board credit and I only spend $400... what happens to the extra $100 credit? Does it go back onto my Visa card as points? Do I lose it? :eek:

Thanks!

I was just wondering what happens if you don't use all of your on-board credit if you 'cash in' your RC Visa points?

What I mean is, if I trade in my points for a $500 on-board credit and I only spend $400... what happens to the extra $100 credit? Does it go back onto my Visa card as points? Do I lose it? :eek:

Thanks!

It will go back on the credit card you used to secure your onboard account.

It will go back on the credit card you used to secure your onboard account.

You will lose double points if it goes back on your RCI credit card. So you can request it back in cash from Guest Realations on the afternoon prior to debarkation. :D

What about obc you get from your TA, can you cash that out? or, do you have to use it. I'm sure I'll spend it, but just curious, just incase

You can usually cash out TA OBC. Sometimes the TA OBC comes from Royal, if it's a perk of a group booking, and in that case the OBC is not refundable.