Just want a pretty beach

Jiffymom

Just want a beautiful beach, book, lounge and maybe a cocktail. With bathrooms near by.

We have all day so we can taxi anywhere. Just two seniors looking for a beautiful

quiet beach day. I read about Cable, Cabbage or Junkanoo

What's the difference

What do you suggest. Don't need a AI but will if that's what we must do,

Any nice tropical beaches anywhere ?

The resorts on cabbage beach have the prettiest beach, IMO, but the waves can be very strong, sometimes making it impossible to get into the water (but that's what makes it pretty). You will have to get a day pass somewhere if you want access to restroom facilities. I'm not sure exactly what hotels are here - we have only been to Atlantis, and the beach was stunning.

Junkanoo and the Hilton have a small harbor beach - Melia is much prettier, IMO, and the surf is very calm. Junkanoo is free, and has restrooms, Melia is cheaper than the Hilton (because you don't have to buy food/drink vouchers).

You might enjoy Cabbage Beach which is free and next to the Riu on Paradise Island. My favorite secret spot is Viola's tucked away on the beach. We stop there for a beer and the artichoke dip and they have restrooms there. It is hidden to the east of the Rui. The water is beautiful but it is a not a flat beach with the water getting deep quickly and a lot of wave action.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just want a beautiful beach, book, lounge and maybe a cocktail. With bathrooms near by.

We have all day so we can taxi anywhere. Just two seniors looking for a beautiful

quiet beach day. I read about Cable, Cabbage or Junkanoo

What's the difference

What do you suggest. Don't need a AI but will if that's what we must do,

Any nice tropical beaches anywhere ?

We always take a taxi to Cabbage Beach. If you don't mind being hassled by local vendors, to me it's the prettiest part of Paradise Island. We've paid the price to use the beach in front of Atlantis and have access to part of the property, but really Cabbage Beach is the same beach. If you are interested in nice facilities are don't mind paying for them, it's an experience just walking through Atlantis, even if you don't participate in any of the water parks. You can buy a day pass. Then there is the RIU, which is about $70 I think. Never been there, but almost chose it for our trip in June but chose a different small island to taxi to. I have never been to Junkanoo or Cable, but you definitely want to be on Paradise Island.

You might enjoy Cabbage Beach which is free and next to the Riu on Paradise Island. My favorite secret spot is Viola's tucked away on the beach. We stop there for a beer and the artichoke dip and they have restrooms there. It is hidden to the east of the Rui. The water is beautiful but it is a not a flat beach with the water getting deep quickly and a lot of wave action.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Where would we go to find the restaurant Viola? Is it on the same road as the Rui and would a taxi driver know where it is?

Thanks,

April

Melia (formerly Sheraton) has a very good beach section and pools. Very relaxing.

A place we also enjoy is Blue Lagoon Island which is a ferry ride to an island with a lovely beach and dolphins and sea lions. This is where people often do Dolphin Encounters. There is a day pass just for the ferry and beach.

If you're looking for a beautiful beach, Junkanoo is not the beach for you. I was there this past Tuesday with my grand children and the beach was in really bad shape. Someone needs to go in and clean it up. My kids were little and just wanted to play in the water but it's not a place for relaxing and enjoying the view.

20140415_160239.jpg.3d3dbd745b3bbc9acb0f9956de233e03.jpg

20140415_160247.jpg.7cb844f32d10b7dd163fae77e7e8ad8f.jpg

20140415_160410.jpg.019fbc4059a561cd76d6a45a1c8afd23.jpg

20140415_160555.jpg.370e2060da115cd764252b2386a4f26e.jpg

20140415_160454.jpg.8e0f46ab5f32d7fb52eefa89081db39e.jpg

If you're looking for a beautiful beach, Junkanoo is not the beach for you. I was there this past Tuesday with my grand children and the beach was in really bad shape. Someone needs to go in and clean it up. My kids were little and just wanted to play in the water but it's not a place for relaxing and enjoying the view.

The beach is cleaned every morning. Unfortunately, it's visited by tourist who don't know how to clean up after themselves. Especially during the spring break weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
The beach is cleaned every morning. Unfortunately, it's visited by tourist who don't know how to clean up after themselves. Especially during the spring break weeks.

Guess we must have gone between cleanings, but some of the debris looked like it had been there awhile. We went before lunch time.