application error

neeko

Is anyone else having a problem with the Celebrity Web site. I have been complaining for over a year now but now it is total frustration. All I want to do is take the time to search all price options and book a 14 night cruise. When I go to the book now (to see the price differences) I get the Application error and cannot go any further. Celebrity have phoned me twice to say that the site is fully functional.....that is false.....IT IS NOT....and it is pathetic. Almost ready to go to Princess where it is very easy to navigate.

Internet Explorer does not work with Celebrity for me at all. I now use Google Chrome and have no problems. Indeed, it is frustrating. A CC member suggested to switch to Google. Celebrity phone reps had no suggestions and said all was just fine with their website...lol!

How strange! I am having no problem at all using Firefox 28.0.

Just tried clicking Book Now for 2 different cruises and each continued right on with no application error.

It may not be the browser but something else causing the application error.

Is anyone else having a problem with the Celebrity Web site. I have been complaining for over a year now but now it is total frustration. All I want to do is take the time to search all price options and book a 14 night cruise. When I go to the book now (to see the price differences) I get the Application error and cannot go any further. Celebrity have phoned me twice to say that the site is fully functional.....that is false.....IT IS NOT....and it is pathetic. Almost ready to go to Princess where it is very easy to navigate.

Iv also had this for the last few weeks.... Very annoying! :mad:

What web browsers and version are you using?

I'm confused !

I tried installing Firefox... does not work.

I tried installing Google Chrome... does not work either.

I tried on different computer, even on an Ipad... does not work.

The only thing I can imagine now is maybe there is something with regional setting. I'm using French version of Operating System on my different computers.

Anyone getting the same problems ?

Is there any Celebrity representative who can take care of that problem ?

I tried several times getting in touch with them but never get an answer.

Do they really care ???

I also tried different servers and computers.I actually have received a phone call from Celebrity advising that there is no problem.......OBVIOUSLY THERE IS !!!!!!

Maybe because I am from Canada. I don't know if the web site would work better in USA.....The bottom line is I have complained for over a year now with no result.....THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!!

I have also been experiencing the same problem over recent weeks. I have just tried switching to Google Chrome and received a slightly different error message from that when using just Google. How annoying! Surely it's in Celebrity's interest to investigate and offer a solution .... what's the point in advertising if the customer cannot purchase from their site?

Kylie

Edited by Embrace

I also tried different servers and computers.I actually have received a phone call from Celebrity advising that there is no problem.......OBVIOUSLY THERE IS !!!!!!

Maybe because I am from Canada. I don't know if the web site would work better in USA.....The bottom line is I have complained for over a year now with no result.....THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!!

There is no Company that can control web browsers. See if there is an update pending for the one you use. I was having trouble accessing a number of web sites at work till we upgraded the configuration.

Thru MSN, Internet Explored, and the wifesters iPad, we have never had a problem. Good luck, but after our sailing on the Ruby in 2012, you really don't want to go to Princess.

I, too, was getting the "Application Error" - this started a few weeks ago. Was using IE 11. Finally switched over to Firefox, and problem solved! Wish I could remember to check that option as soon as I have issues with a website. :(

I am in Canada.

After several attempts to download Firefox I am finally able to do a proper search. Thanks for everyone's input and shame on Celebrity for not telling me to try other options.

After several attempts to download Firefox I am finally able to do a proper search. Thanks for everyone's input and shame on Celebrity for not telling me to try other options.

neeko, the person on the other end of the phone line probably knew about as much about the internet and search engines as you did.....

• 1 year later...

It's 2015 and the Celebrity website still locks up with an "Application Error" message. I've tried multiple browsers so it isn't a browser issue. Once I get the error, I can't get back in for about 20 minutes.

Apparently, this problem has been going on for more than a decade. This scale of a problem surely makes question the competence of Celebrity.