Leaving tomorrow and Carnival switched my room!

tammymacb

Since they moved you down a deck (and possibly a category) did they offer you any OBC (or anything for their SNAFU)?

The OP has not returned to let us know who did the snafu, her or Carnival. No reason was given for the move so my money is on the capacity of their room was not met and they were moved to accommodate another party that met the capacity of the room. All speculation for now, of course.

Wow I pray this doesn't happen to us. We booked side-by-side balconies for our upcoming cruise with on room having a 18, 17, and 16yr old girls in it. I am a very protective Mom and want these girls close to us. The PVP said she linked the reservations together so hopefully this will help insure this doesn't happen to us.

Wow I pray this doesn't happen to us. We booked side-by-side balconies for our upcoming cruise with on room having a 18, 17, and 16yr old girls in it. I am a very protective Mom and want these girls close to us. The PVP said she linked the reservations together so hopefully this will help insure this doesn't happen to us.

As long as you have the maximum number of people in each room you should be safe from being moved unless either one is a handicap accessible room.

We lost one room because it slept 3. I booked through Carnival, over the phone. No one said anything even though I specifically requested side by sides for the girls. I didn't ask about an OBC. But I'm sailing with $500 between the two rooms.:)

Can't sleep. We catch the shuttle in 5 hours.

We lost one room because it slept 3. I booked through Carnival, over the phone. No one said anything even though I specifically requested side by sides for the girls. I didn't ask about an OBC. But I'm sailing with $500 between the two rooms.:)

Can't sleep. We catch the shuttle in 5 hours.

I am glad they made things right for you in the end. Now you know not to trust phone reps and always have a deck plan handy when booking!

Happened to us. We booked a room that holds three and we decided to keep our son home. Cancelled him and we received email that they moved us. It is posted. You just have to take the chance.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by j&tcruiser

It's also possible that she was in a Handicap Cabin and that could be why she was moved.. To me thats the only good reason to move someone. Other than that, I'd like to know who she booked the trip with.. A good PVP would have had her records noted.. DO NOT SWITCH/UPGRADE/CHANGE...

It's also possible that she was in a Handicap Cabin and that could be why she was moved.. To me thats the only good reason to move someone. Other than that, I'd like to know who she booked the trip with.. A good PVP would have had her records noted.. DO NOT SWITCH/UPGRADE/CHANGE...

Up to a point, no changes comment is fine. But, you can't order Carnival to let you keep a certain cabin if you book a 3 person cabin but there's only 2 in it. If you have the correct number of occupants then a do not move comment is okay. A "good PVP" will not make any difference.

The OP already replied saying she had 2 in a 3-person cabin. You can see the capacity limits on most deck plans online, including those on Carnival's site. She said she picked those cabins specifically, so I would think she knew how many the room booked. I understood why they moved her, what I don't think is very courteous is at least not telling her. It was a legitimate reasons. Pick up the phone or send an email and let her know.

Doesn't an adult need to be in each room?

Not if the children are within 3 cabins of the adult cabin--which is why the OP booked their cabin right next door. It's weird that Carnival would move them to the other side of the ship.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Can Carnival move my cabin if there are 3 of us in a 4 but our category only has 4 cabins (only 3 fit 4 and the other one fits 2)? We are in a 6J (and paid extra for it) on the Conquest :confused:

They could but the probability is quite low as they cannot put 3 in a 2-person cabin so they would have to give you a free upgrade to move you.

I always book 2 side by sides, and on RCCL you can put in your reservation that you don't want your cabins switched or upgraded for any reason, to assure that THIS does not happen. Sometimes on Royal they THINK they are upgrading you, but really they are screwing up your planned out side by sides.:eek:

Yep. Happened to us on a Celebrity cruise. We found out at the pier as we were checking in that we were being "upgraded". :mad: HATED our new cabins. While technically "upgrades" due to being midship, they didn't meet our needs at all. We never would've chosen them, and in fact, had carefully selected our original forward cabins. We're still undecided about sailing them again because of this.

OP: glad you got the problem solved, but sorry you had to deal with the stress.

They could but the probability is quite low as they cannot put 3 in a 2-person cabin so they would have to give you a free upgrade to move you.
Thanks, I don't think I would want an upgrade even if it as free so I hope nothing changes in our reservation.

Doesn't an adult need to be in each room?

Not neccesarily - at least with adjoining rooms.

We are booked in adjoining rooms, Wife and I and 1 kid in one, 3 kids in the other.

If they moved one of our two rooms, that would not be good.