New Costa WEbsite!!!!

Cruiselover77

bimms:

If you don't finish your bottle of wine during dinner, your server will galdly re-cork it and store it until the next evening. By the time you arrive at the dinner table the next evening, your wine will probably be waiting for you on your table.

The other option is, that you take your bottle of wine to your cabin, and finish it there.

Just wanted to let you know...

Andy ;-)

Have to agree, the new website is impressive. The only downside, is that if you book via TA, you cannot access your specific booking, only generalized info-this is per the Costa website technical people. I attempted to acces my reservation on line, and received the error message "booking cancelled."

I called Costa, was given the number for their website support, and was told that I should have never been able to access my reservation - even after I explained that I was able to on the old website!

At this point, I still cannot access my reservation, nor special services, nor shore excursions. I can look up general information to customize my cruise, (prices seem to have vanished in this section however), but am not able to customize MY cruise specifically!! Will contact Costa directly to see when that may become available!!

Ciao!

At this point, I still cannot access my reservation, nor special services, nor shore excursions. I can look up general information to customize my cruise, (prices seem to have vanished in this section however), but am not able to customize MY cruise specifically!! Will contact Costa directly to see when that may become available!!

Ciao!

That is crazy. Not many people will book directly through the Costa website so it would be ridiculous to only let those people access the information. My guess is that it's a temporary glitch.

My understanding is that Costa (along with Holland America and Cunard) will soon be migrated over to the Princess Cruises POLAR reservation system. When this happens the "cruise personalizer" aspects of the site should be much better. Princess has an excellent system and it will only benefit Costa.

Ernie

I booked via a TA and I just went onto the Costa site and logged in (You have to register first) then I went to special services and excursions and if I was ready to, I could have booked my tours etc. You will need to have been given the Costa Booking number by your TA. I booked back in March for a December cruise and have mine, then once you do this you can see the prices of all the extras available to you and book.

Thank you for the heads up,what a difference. I still want to know what happens if I buy a bottle of wine at dinner and don't finish it, will they keep for the next night??

If you don't finish your wine at dinner, they re-cork it for you and put it out at your next meal.

London Bill,

Welcome aboard!!

We were originally on the Fortuna, (Greece, Egypt), but due to the recent happenings in Egypt, decided on this cruise. Besides, the transatlantics have more of those glorious sea days.

Nice to know that there will be someone else who speaks English along, (as well as we Americans can speak the language anyway).

Posted on the Roll Call boards, but as of yesterday, no replies.

Hope to see you on board,

Tim & Terry

TNTKP

Good to see your posting. We are Canadians living in Ontario near the US border, ergo we do speak English eh. We enjoyed the Aug issue of Porthole magazine with the cover story re Magica, it looks spectacular. Would like to hear from anyone who has very recently been on her. Looking forward to seeing you Tim & Terry, on the ship.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
I signed up with a TA and found I couldn't access until I paid in full. Just in case that applies to you. I now can. Of course I would like to see prices but I think I will find those as I look deeper.

Yes, if signed in and with booking number entered, prices for special services (flowers, wine, etc.) can be seen by clicking "book" at the general overview stage. You then get a price list

Archived