RCI nightlife vs Carnival

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have some questions! I took a RCI cruise about 8 yrs ago but i was a minor so i missed out on a lot ;) I am planning a 10th anniversary trip for me and my hubby for next June. My understanding was that carnival was across the board cheaper then RCI but when i looked into our timeframe, RCI is actually almost $200 cheaper per person! So my question is, for those of you who have been on the Naigator of the sea during the summer months, were there plenty of 20 somethings/early 30's on board? We are looking for relaxation and also a fun nightlife. We don't want to book a cruise where everyone is in bed by 11 :p We have two kids who will be traveling with grandparents a separate vaca to allow us this time to be young and free :D and we want to take full advantage! our other option is the Carnival Magic. Any suggestions, opinions, tips and tricks are very much appreciated! We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston which i already know i will love, its the same itinerary i did 8 yrs ago! :rolleyes:

We are way past the 20 something range and have been sailing primarly RCI for a while now. I cannot remember a night where we were in our cabin before midnight, many a night well past. Our kids are teens and early 20s and are almost always out later than we are. If you are cruising off season you may have a quieter night life, but any other time you will find plenty to keep you entertained onboard.

I took a cruise on the navigator with my then boyfriend and the nightclub (i think it was crypt) was packed! I know it was about 2:30/3am when we stumbled into bed. Then on the radiance, I was with about 8 friends all in our 20's and we spent the night @ the viking lounge. What a blast!! I am not sure if I was very drunk but I could have sworn the bar rotates.....but I just think I was too many drinks in LOL. But, we had so much fun on both ships until well in the morning.

I took a cruise on the navigator with my then boyfriend and the nightclub (i think it was crypt) was packed! I know it was about 2:30/3am when we stumbled into bed. Then on the radiance, I was with about 8 friends all in our 20's and we spent the night @ the viking lounge. What a blast!! I am not sure if I was very drunk but I could have sworn the bar rotates.....but I just think I was too many drinks in LOL. But, we had so much fun on both ships until well in the morning.

That's kinda funny! The Viking Crown does not rotate, I would think it was you doing the rotating. :D

I thought someone had posted that they were using Viking Crown as the club now.

Oh ok! I thought that was another ship! I've looked at so many deck plans my head is spinning! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I feel like the Viking Crown dance floor rotated on one ship I have been on... Monarch, Empress, maybe? Anyone else remember this?

Must have been before my time. I thought the bars were able to rotate on Radiance class, but I don't remember the dance floors rotating.

My stateroom ceiling usually spins late at night once I lie down.

If you want to have fun after midnight there is plenty to do on RCI be it listening to a band or gong to the disco wherever it is but if you want to party which I kind of think of as a different thing then go on Carnival. Also remember, the nights can be what you make them. Sometimes all it takes is one person out of the dance floor to make everyone else get up and dance in the disco. The last cruise I did the DJ was terrible...we'd start dancing and he'd play something to get everyone off the floor so we all just started doing The Hustle to whatever he played. It was a blast!

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I have some questions! I took a RCI cruise about 8 yrs ago but i was a minor so i missed out on a lot ;) I am planning a 10th anniversary trip for me and my hubby for next June. My understanding was that carnival was across the board cheaper then RCI but when i looked into our timeframe, RCI is actually almost $200 cheaper per person! So my question is, for those of you who have been on the Naigator of the sea during the summer months, were there plenty of 20 somethings/early 30's on board? We are looking for relaxation and also a fun nightlife. We don't want to book a cruise where everyone is in bed by 11 :p We have two kids who will be traveling with grandparents a separate vaca to allow us this time to be young and free :D and we want to take full advantage! our other option is the Carnival Magic. Any suggestions, opinions, tips and tricks are very much appreciated! We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise out of Galveston which i already know i will love, its the same itinerary i did 8 yrs ago! :rolleyes:

I'm 31 and it's a hit or miss thing. No one knows how the crowd will be until you actually get to the club. I've seen people of all ages party pretty hard on RCCL. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am 32 and my wife is 30. We have been cruising both lines fairly equally since we were in our early 20s. Though Carnival has the reputation as the party line, we have actually always had more fun at night on Royal. When the prices are equal or close, we always cruise Royal. I don't think you will want for things to do on the Navigator during the summer months. I am sure you will find many festive Texans and generally a younger crowd during that time. Hope you have fun.

We are in our mid 30's; Royal has more nightly activities than Carnival does. Audience participation shows like Quest, Battle of the Sexes are a lot of fun to watch and / or participate in. There also is more live entertainment / music on the larger RCI ships (like Navigator) than on Carnival ships.

I think Carnival attracts a more party, party, party crowd but Royal actually has more to do at night if you don't JUST want to hang at a bar.

We are in our mid 30's; Royal has more nightly activities than Carnival does. Audience participation shows like Quest, Battle of the Sexes are a lot of fun to watch and / or participate in. There also is more live entertainment / music on the larger RCI ships (like Navigator) than on Carnival ships.

I think Carnival attracts a more party, party, party crowd but Royal actually has more to do at night if you don't JUST want to hang at a bar.

I wouldn't say they attract a party crowd, but carnival is cheaper so I'll leave it at that. I went on a carnival ship one time and there was no party or fun ship. Loyal to Royal lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app