Wine - cruisetour question..

MGnut

OK, here's one I don't recall seeing. We will be taking an Alaska cruisetour in May - tour before cruise. We'd like to take some of our own wine along - one bottle each on the tour portion (no issue there) and one bottle each for the cruise. The problem is that we'll want to put the cruise wine in the baggage going to the ship, while we do the tour.

This will mean we can't put the wine for the cruise in our carry-on for boarding - it will be boarded before we are. Does anybody know if Princess will confiscate our wine from our cruise baggage? I won't mind going to the 'naughty room' if I need to, but I don't want it destroyed, and I don't want to pay corkage fees.

Has anyone had any experience with this scenario?

TIA,

Howard

OK, here's one I don't recall seeing. We will be taking an Alaska cruisetour in May - tour before cruise. We'd like to take some of our own wine along - one bottle each on the tour portion (no issue there) and one bottle each for the cruise. The problem is that we'll want to put the cruise wine in the baggage going to the ship, while we do the tour.

This will mean we can't put the wine for the cruise in our carry-on for boarding - it will be boarded before we are. Does anybody know if Princess will confiscate our wine from our cruise baggage? I won't mind going to the 'naughty room' if I need to, but I don't want it destroyed, and I don't want to pay corkage fees.

Has anyone had any experience with this scenario?

TIA,

Howard

Last August we used Princess Air to fly to Vancouver on the morning of embarkation & put our cruise luggage tags on our bags. Even though we didn't purchase a Princess transfer our bags were sent to the ship. Each bag had a bottle of wine & because our bags unexpectedly went directly to the ship we couldn't put the wine in our carry-on bags. One bag went to the "naughty room" where we had to show them it was wine & the other bag with wine went directly to our cabin.

Thus my experience is they won't confiscate your wine nor charge corkage for only 1 bottle per person per cruise. Enforcement varies but having only 1 bottle per person in your checked bags it should get to you...either by going to the "naughty room" or going directly to your cabin.

Edited by Astro Flyer