Questions about paying corkage fee at checkin?

KitinIowa

We are thinking of bringing a couple of bottles of wine onboard....

When we pay the $15 a bottle fee will they take the bottles from there or will we need to carry them around until we get to our room? Or do we have any choice?

I always bring it in a carry-on suitcase with wheels. And a I always leave the suitcase in the designated area until they announce the cabins are ready. Then I pick it up and roll to my room.

Easy and affordable.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Can you pick up wine on the 2nd day of the cruise and pay the corkage that day too? If we would decide to purchase in Maui instead of on Oahu?

I was wondering about this as well. If I get off ship at a port and want to purchase some wine to consume on the ship (of course I will pay the corkage!!) - can we do that?

I was wondering about this as well. If I get off ship at a port and want to purchase some wine to consume on the ship (of course I will pay the corkage!!) - can we do that?

Yes...when wine is purchased purchased at a port -there is a table set up past security..and you can sign for the corkage fee there...(just a note...it may take a few days to appear on your bill and it is shown as a charge in one of the MDRs)

We actually bought a bottle of Pineapple sparkling wine at the Tedeschi Winery (Maui Winery now). With the expense of the wine we chose to have it checked & packed it for the flight home. Very easy to bring on the wine in the ports, just pay the cork fee at the time. btw: ABC stores sells basic moderately priced wines, we grabbed a couple before boarding.;)

Enjoy your trip, it's been almost 2 years and I would LOVE to go back :D

Edited by Tyskie

Yes...when wine is purchased purchased at a port -there is a table set up past security..and you can sign for the corkage fee there...(just a note...it may take a few days to appear on your bill and it is shown as a charge in one of the MDRs)

Excellent news! Thanks!