Typical Cruise Day

I agree with the majority of the replies....eat and sleep!

I love to have breakfast in bed or on the balcony and then have fun exploring all the bits of the ship we have not had chance to see yet (there is sooooo much art!). Then have a little snooze!

Last year on Liberty we also enjoyed doing the Cupcake class at Cupcake Cupboard, I know it is not for everyone but I really enjoyed it....especially eating my creation afterwards. Followed by 40 winks!!!

Oh, did I mention zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!

in my limited experience I found sea days were spent running about from one activity to the next in order not to miss anything I wanted to do. I think those that say sit on a lounger and sleep are probably on to something.

My first (and only so far) cruise was 12 days in the Med and it didn't feel too long at all - enjoy!

One of my favorite things to do on a lazy sea day is, first thing in the morning, grab a cup of coffee from Cafe Promenade and head out to either the outdoor promenade or the loungers by the jogging track with a good book. It's the perfect start to a leisurely day, and it's a nice change of pace from simply heading directly up to the Windjammer as you might do on a busy port day.

Eat - sleep - eat - sleep - eat - sleep - eat - show - eat - sleep.

It doesn't sound like much, but with all the energy you spend on a port - intensive Mediterranean cruise those sea days are much needed recovery days.

I can often spend 3-4 hours just wandering around decks with an iPod and headphones... Builds up excursion muscles too. :D

Sea days are the best! You can do as much or as little as you like. Totally love them. 14 days is the only way to go - my cruise in June is only 7 days and that's the shortest cruise I will have done in years.

(It does follow straight after a week in Vegas so I'm not too upset!)

Enjoy your cruise and don't try to pack too much into the port days.

Your 1st cruise is for 14 days?

I would have started off with something a lot shorter to see if you even liked it.

Being on a ship is not for everyone, in fact many people hate it for different reasons. I can totally understand.

I really like the cruise experience.

But after a week, I am happy to get off..

:confused:I was thinking the same thing

Good time to use the fitness center.

Bwa- ha ha ha ha Bob- that's always the plan (it's even on the spread sheet)...but:o

OP- so much to do! We generally go all out in port- if it's a new port or not recently visited we will go full tilt, so sea days are for chilling! Sleep in -ish (never later than 8 or 8:30) get some breakfast and hit the gym or one of the "activities" we've been wanting to try (zip line, bungee bounce, rock wall etc) while it's still early. Then we usually set up in the solarium until it's time for the belly flop contest (embrace the kitsch, is our motto) and redeem ourselves from our basest instincts of watching giant men parade around the pool deck by participating in the Walk for Wishes. After the "walk", we like to have lunch, usually hitting one of the alternate free venues (if available on our ship) that might not be open on a port day. Back to the solarium, or on our balcony for a nap and rest. Chillaxing on the balcony before dinner (if we feel motivated, and didn't do it earlier, we might hit the fitness center, or not;) ). Get ready for dinner, take or view photos depending on the night. And the rest of the evening is pretty much the same.

We mostly don't go indoors,(so no gambling, shopping, TV trivia or towel folding for us) but there is plenty to do indoors too of you've had your fill of sun!

There are many different ways to occupy your time on a cruise. I thought sea days would be difficult for me when we started cruising, 13 cruises ago. Sometimes they are, when the chair hogs, take up all the chairs around the pool, with their 'invisible bodies' for long periods of time.

But I have learned how to get around that, without doing the behavior that I don't like others to do.

I check the cruise compass every day, and see what is on the ship's 'to do list' and figure it out.

Fitting in gym, food, relax time at the pool; on port days, we generally do a shore excursion in the morning, with the goal of back on board ship by 2:30 or 3pm to get in some pool time, when the ship still has lots of passengers onshore.

I can do as much as I want OR as little as I want....with lots of options for keeping me busy. In the end, it is fun and relaxation time.

I LOVE a nap when I'm on a cruise. It's the only time I ever do it.

:)

I hate to be asleep missing stuff, but I still nap. Let's call them involuntary or unplanned naps. ;)