2015 Brides!

I'm pretty excited today, even though I'm under the weather. We officially booked our wedding package, and I received the Carnival emails with all the documents....all in one day. The invitations arrived just the other day, and my mom is printing out labels for the outside envelopes and rsvp envelope. It feels like it is actually real. I'm not really into the planning part so hopefully, between Carnival, and my mom, the day will look amazing.

YES! People who say destination weddings are easier and cheaper....uhhh I'd like to talk to them because it is NOT the case. You can make them cheaper of course but there is A LOT that goes into it! hahaha 6 months today!

Lol you are completely right!!! It is not easy at all! I'm so happy you found the option that works best for you. You're getting married the day before me :) when are you sending out your invitations? I was thinking January since everyone already knows about it. I'm so lost when it comes to some things. How many people do you have actually cruising with you since your wedding is now on the beach before? We have 10 including me and hubby on the cruise everyone is pretty much flying to St Thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm pretty excited today, even though I'm under the weather. We officially booked our wedding package, and I received the Carnival emails with all the documents....all in one day. The invitations arrived just the other day, and my mom is printing out labels for the outside envelopes and rsvp envelope. It feels like it is actually real. I'm not really into the planning part so hopefully, between Carnival, and my mom, the day will look amazing.

I'm sure it will be gorgeous and you may be surprised at some of the details you decide to plan as it approaches. lol Let's say I swore I would never need menus or programs or any of that silly stuff.... Umm those came in the mail just last week lol

Hello everyone!

This is officially my first post... I am getting married on April 25th, 2015 aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas and I am going crazy over here. I am in love with the "idea" of getting married at a unique venue then sailing off to the Caribbean thereafter, BUT being a detail oriented person I am having some issues with relinquishing control.

I'm having my doubts on many aspects of the wedding. The first thing that drives me crazy is not knowing my venue until 30 - 45 days prior to the wedding. . . Well what if I'm not in love with the venue that I am assigned then what?:eek: Another thing is decor. What if we don;t have time to set up decorations? Or do I set up decorations in front of my guests? And the biggest question is do I want to spend all that money for a 2 - 2.5hr event????? :confused: I mean when you think about it that's a lot of money.

The hardest part of all of this is I have searched and searched but I cannot find any good pictures anywhere that would give me an idea of how it would look. So I am literally over here FREAKING OUT.

Is there anyone out there that could give me advice or share pictures with me that may help me out. I have a lil over 6 months before my wedding and I am unsure of my venue :eek::confused::eek::confused:

Hi, I'm also planning to book my wedding for the same cruise, but at Sea, day 2, so disappointed the Chapel & Viking crown lounge are gone, that was where I was hoping for...

Lol you are completely right!!! It is not easy at all! I'm so happy you found the option that works best for you. You're getting married the day before me :) when are you sending out your invitations? I was thinking January since everyone already knows about it. I'm so lost when it comes to some things. How many people do you have actually cruising with you since your wedding is now on the beach before? We have 10 including me and hubby on the cruise everyone is pretty much flying to St Thomas.

Ya know to be honest I don't think we are even doing invitations for the main part of the wedding. Of course we will for the at home reception but we have a facebook page that we keep updated and the guests that are going have kept in close contact so we just don't feel the need to pay more money for what we already know.

So far we have: 22 guests for the cruise

28 guests for the ceremony (possibly up to 35)

It's been really difficult trying to keep everyone together and figuring out who goes where, but I don't think anyone else will be booking the cruise so I think 22 is solid for that but more people seem to be interested in the ceremony and keep telling us they are coming to that so we will see! Eeeek.

We are currently working with Royal Romance for an event on the Oasis for this November. We are currently less than 30 days out and it has been a horrible experience at best. Don't count on knowing any details 30 days out. We finally got menu items, but it was literally like pulling teeth. We still have many details pending and lots of unknown costs. We are doing table decorations, but have been told the tables are tiny so make sure they are little. Your wedding coordinators will decorate for you. They can't carry anything onto the ship, but once on they will take them off your hands. We are having our ceremony in a conference room (don't know which one yet) and the reception in Dazzles. I have had many sleepless nights hoping this works out. We will see.

Hello everyone!

This is officially my first post... I am getting married on April 25th, 2015 aboard Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas and I am going crazy over here. I am in love with the "idea" of getting married at a unique venue then sailing off to the Caribbean thereafter, BUT being a detail oriented person I am having some issues with relinquishing control.

I'm having my doubts on many aspects of the wedding. The first thing that drives me crazy is not knowing my venue until 30 - 45 days prior to the wedding. . . Well what if I'm not in love with the venue that I am assigned then what?:eek: Another thing is decor. What if we don;t have time to set up decorations? Or do I set up decorations in front of my guests? And the biggest question is do I want to spend all that money for a 2 - 2.5hr event????? :confused: I mean when you think about it that's a lot of money.

The hardest part of all of this is I have searched and searched but I cannot find any good pictures anywhere that would give me an idea of how it would look. So I am literally over here FREAKING OUT.

Is there anyone out there that could give me advice or share pictures with me that may help me out. I have a lil over 6 months before my wedding and I am unsure of my venue :eek::confused::eek::confused:

You guys all scare me. Have been engaged 2 weeks now & just tossing around ideas. Was thinking about just a "simple" beach wedding somewhere but it seems from this forum that nothing will be "simple". Ugh. We are in late 40's, I've been widowed for 13 years and my fiancé has been divorced for 12 years. We both have 2 kids. Ages 18-24. Just want a simple ceremony somewhere hot with our kids and whoever else wants to come and make it a party. Was thinking Oct 2015 while our 3 youngest are on college break week in Ontario. Now I'm frightened to start the planning

Ya know to be honest I don't think we are even doing invitations for the main part of the wedding. Of course we will for the at home reception but we have a facebook page that we keep updated and the guests that are going have kept in close contact so we just don't feel the need to pay more money for what we already know.

Same here - we sent STD cards out 16 months in advance, we have a FB page, and we have a webpage....so everyone is up to date on information some way or another. No need to add another expense. :)

You guys all scare me. Have been engaged 2 weeks now & just tossing around ideas. Was thinking about just a "simple" beach wedding somewhere but it seems from this forum that nothing will be "simple". Ugh. We are in late 40's, I've been widowed for 13 years and my fiancé has been divorced for 12 years. We both have 2 kids. Ages 18-24. Just want a simple ceremony somewhere hot with our kids and whoever else wants to come and make it a party. Was thinking Oct 2015 while our 3 youngest are on college break week in Ontario. Now I'm frightened to start the planning

You can make it as simple or complicated as you want. We are also in our 40s and wanted something simple but still beautiful. We chose our cruise first and then I found a wedding planner on the first port island to use. I found that was more affordable and had more options than using Carnival. We have only 8 other people coming...just close family. It's been very stress-free compared to what I've read by others on here.

We are in our forties also. Embarkation day seemed simplest for us. We are just enjoying the little details and carnival handles the rest.

Welcome to the 2015 Brides page! Hope you are getting some info you need as well as any advice since we are all learning together! :)

Weekly check in! How are my fellow Brides and Grooms doing?

This week I have accomplished a couple of other things I'm glad I can check off my list....

-Shoes....check! I LOVE my shoes. I had found a pair of similar shoes on ebay awhile back and for the life of me could not get a hold of them and they were pink and I needed turquoise but I don't know how it happened I got LUCKY one day and found these gems! (pictured below) I am in love, so beachy and matching my colors!

-Cake topper made! I put together our cake topper myself. After seeing these on Etsy for 50 plus dollars I just couldn't fathom that and seeing as I'm pretty crafty I made it myself for under 10.

-Garters.... I bought these plain and kicked it up a notch!

I am just excited that all the little pieces are coming together. Way less stress! I keep finding great deals on our travel bags for our guests and I keep adding to them!

We have guests officially booked for our wedding night hotel, we have guests asking questions about excursions on the cruise, it's all coming together and I cannot believe I started this thread back in April and what time has done! wooftah...5 months and some odd weeks to go! I hope the Holidays blow by super fast and I hope Winter goes by quickly so we can get this party started!!!!

To the new brides and grooms who joined the thread, thanks for joining! We are all constantly trying to find ideas, share thoughts and vent on this thread. I think planning a destination wedding has been the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It's full of emotions, opinions and through-out the whole process I think I'm going to look back after the special day and say....man what I wouldn't give to go back and keep planning! So I know for me (even though I've been through some really rough planning stages) I am glad to take a step back, breathe deeply and realize that this will be the wedding of my dreams because of all the planning and compassion I have put into it. No matter what happens in the end, I will want it all back. Absorb everything, take it all in.

For those on the fence of doing a destination wedding, I am not going to lie to you, it's hard work.....but....only if you make it that way. If you want to relinquish all control and let your cruise company take the reigns, they will gladly do that for you. Me on the other hand, I just can't give up all control....the little things I like to plan. I like to provide my own little touches to make it truly unique and to my liking. With that being said, I CHOSE to do that, so if you are a bride/groom who isn't picky on what colors are being used or what decorations will be surrounding you on your day then give it all to your wedding coordinator to handle and you will be stress free. Those of us who are venting on here are usually venting because of something we have decided to take on, on our own...unless of course it's the cruises problems, then yes we have been really venting about that. We don't want to scare anyone away from doing the wedding of their dreams but sometimes with choosing a cruise wedding, You kind of just have to fly by the seat of your pants. That's why so many bride/grooms mention problems with venues, dinners, timing etc. Because this was a planning problem on behalf of the cruise ship itself. So, If you are on the fence about choosing a cruise wedding, DO IT! Lol well that's my opinion anyway......I feel like through-out the stress that bottom line it all comes down to the fact that I will be standing face to face with my best friend in around 5 months with sand in my feet, wind in my hair and memories for a lifetime, for me.....that's worth it.

http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Steckman31886/library/?view=recent

Hi laides! How is everyone's planning going? I called to book our cruise on Thursday. We already have 10 guests booked! I never imagined when we decided to have a cruise wedding that so many people would choose to travel with us; we are anticipating about 50 guests.

We've made one substantial change in our plans as well. We have decided not to have a reception. We weighed several options (on the ship, off the ship, in the next port, etc...) and we decided that it's just something we are going to skip. We are not skipping this all together - we have always planned on having a reception at home once we get back, so that is the only reception we will be having. We feel that this way everyone can enjoy their vacation more and not be tied down by constantly partaking in wedding events. I know this is our wedding....but I also feel that it is as much our guests' vacation and I want them to be able to enjoy themselves and their time away from home/responsibilities. At first I thought it was rude of us but I've talked to several friends/guests and they all have supported our choice.

SO, we will be having the wedding and cake "ceremony" in Key West, we will also be renting a trolley (or probably 2!) to shuttle our guests from the ship to the wedding, and then on a tour of the city, and back to Duval St., where we will commence and unofficial pub crawl back to the ship; casual and very island-esque, perfect.

I hope planning is going well for everyone! Tomorrow's task for me is to address our STD cards and get them out in the mail. I can feel some writers cramp coming on just thinking about it. :-)

i usually creep on this site and am just now starting to get a bit more involved with the whole wedding planning thing and am trying to figure out how to pm?!?! laycj18 - could you possibly send me a message, i have a couple of questions i would like to ask ya! :) THANX! :)

So, I'm getting things together as much as I can...

I think I found my shoes, what do you think?

ImageUploadedByForums1414156606.085037.jpg.0457e48189303d52e445c5edbdecfcd6.jpg

Nice a beachy :) today I'm going to try and figure out the cost of the reception that we are having... I have the food options and such, now I have to talk to my MIL and see what she thinks. I also need to get the final price on a bunch of stuff. Thankfully all I'm having to focus on is the little things. I picked out the center pieces I want to do as well...

ImageUploadedByForums1414156811.031854.jpg.cce0cf3860257f2097b32311350a9b5a.jpg

It's going to be a very small reception only 20-25 people so I think those are perfect.

Now for flowers!!! I my aunt is allergic to lilies not Cala for some reason, but I was thinking of doing something like this...

ImageUploadedByForums1414157177.960974.jpg.cc4ed3b505130b08391ecb24dc02ce51.jpg

I love the adding of the star fish. It ties it all together. I was thinking about maybe adding starfish but have yet to decide.

And on to what I want the fiancé to look like... I don't want him to wear a jacket. It's way too hot. But I do like the look of a vest.

ImageUploadedByForums1414157360.005401.jpg.de2388c20a6d1287f4c6ebe7bd84e757.jpg

And lastly HAIR!! I want it to be down, but pulled away from my face so I'm not pushing it out of the way all the time.

ImageUploadedByForums1414157660.457588.jpg.fbab4bf553ca83ccf51feb0edb22e5cd.jpg

And this is as far as I've gotten. Lotta work lol.

Any who, happy planning!!! 5.5 months to go!

My wedding planner in st thomas does everything for me. I show her the flowers I want.. And she takes care of it all.

I was also thinking about having my hair all in the back. Don't think I want the side pull I think it will be a pain in the ass with hair in my face. I think I want it all pulled back. Maybe half up half down or something.

I also like these flowers...

ImageUploadedByForums1414336089.922143.jpg.ca630438dc8d37a8034f4f51aa2a8904.jpg

A little more than the tropical colors one.

I picked out what I want my boys to look like...ImageUploadedByForums1414336157.189356.jpg.637e2453c9cda97756a941a870a505b7.jpg

How cute is that????

Now I just have to find all this crap. Lol we have the reception set up and all. So I'm on a roll!!!

How's your planning coming??? You are getting married a day before me!! You must be so excited! I'm starting to get anxious... I really need to go and pay for my dress. I have not even come close to having time.

I'm not even kidding I'm obbessed with lightinthebox. com

Has anyone else ever ordered from there? I ordered a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting on the product. I know shipping takes like a month or so and I wasn't in a hurry when I ordered the stuff but I'm SUPER excited. It was so cheap and cute! I got 2 fish kissing salt and pepper shakers and the infamous I DO sticker for the bottom of my shoes (which I'm wearing wedges so I don't know how well that will work but I'm thinking on the inside) and I got sticker labels for water bottles that have our names on them all for like 8 bucks. It really sounds too good to be true so I hope I don't get ripped off but from the looks of it, the shipping is already being done (they sent me the shipping info) and it will arrive sometime soon.

Have a great Sunday!

I order from there all the time. that is where I got my wedding gown along with my dress for formal night, my wedding shoes, my wedding purse, gifts for our sailing companions, my wedding night va va va voom, etc!

I'm waiting for my new order of mascara, a vegetable noodle maker, and a garment bag right now.

Save the dates were sent out about a month ago and we have had a great response so far! We invited tons of people. We've only had one rude comment about cost, but honestly, it was expected from this person. I kept it together and just said "well you know you can come to the wedding and not cruise, right?".

People have been shocked we invited so many guests. I guess it's because most destination weddings are small. We tried to explain to them, it wasn't about keeping it small or saving money - this is just what we wanted to do! We show up, and have a great time!

I still have to find my dress, and we need to pick out what the guys are going to wear. I picked the color/fabric for the girls dresses and told them to pick whichever style they like. I have a variety of sizes, and I wanted them to feel comfortable and pretty in what they were wearing.

We decided to order the silk real touch bouquets so that we know exactly what we're getting. We decided on bright tropical colors!

I just laugh when people ask how planning is going! We're done until May for the most part when we have to submit the final guest list, pick cake flavors, and finalize reception food options. We have to do the same for the welcome dinner at the Radisson the night before the wedding.

My best friend is getting married this weekend, and I THANK MY LUCKY STARS that I chose a cruise wedding!

i usually creep on this site and am just now starting to get a bit more involved with the whole wedding planning thing and am trying to figure out how to pm?!?! laycj18 - could you possibly send me a message, i have a couple of questions i would like to ask ya! :) THANX! :)

For the life of me I've never been able to figure out how to send private messages on this site. You are more than welcome to email me with any questions you have, laceyjskeldon at gmail. :-)

Hi all....I feel like I say this each time I post but I've just been SO BUSY!! I haven't even done anything wedding related in weeks. It's awesome that some of you are so well set! I love all of the pics of your items. I think that I need to start a file of pictures so that I can easily keep track of that has been set and what still needs to be decided on.

Yesterday I started jotting down plans for our at home reception. We have decided to keep it simple, or as simple as a wedding reception can be. The only reason we are doing an at home reception is for family and friends who are not able to join us, but are too important to leave out. For example, my grandparents, Troy's colleagues (he works for a very small business - only 8 people so they are all very close), etc...

Airfare has become available so now the struggle begins about when to book that. I think I am going to wait 2 months for SW to publish their fares, because they are usually very reasonable....although the $266 (DL) right now is a very good price for my area.

Anywho, I am off today so I think I am going to dedicate the day to wedding shenanigans. :)

People have been shocked we invited so many guests. I guess it's because most destination weddings are small. We tried to explain to them, it wasn't about keeping it small or saving money - this is just what we wanted to do! We show up, and have a great time!

We took the same approach! We are also doing this because it's what we want and not to save money or have a small intimate wedding. We invited everyone that we would have invited if we would have had a wedding at home, and many people are on board with us! 295 days out and we have 36 booked on the ship and 7 coming to Key West.....and several family members have yet to book. Everyone is so excited because it gives them a reason to go on vacation...and I honestly feel that this is just as much their vacation as it is our wedding.