2015 Brides!

Questions:

- Are you going to risk NOT paying for the Lido lunch for your non-sailing guests and hoping that they can sneak in or are you going to pay?

- Any luck with Carnival wedding department and allowing outside photography?

Just a little over 4 months away!!

As for the Lido lunch, we are doing the luncheon reception so I have told my guests that even if the wedding coordinator uses the lid lunch as a way to "keep them busy" while they wait that they should wait for lunch. However, either way I probably wouldn't pay for it simply because I am watching my budget closely.

As for outside photography, I have heard as long at they don't look professional and they let the Carnival photog do their job they usually have no problem letting "friends and family" take pictures. You just have to realize that the carnival Photographer will be taking their shots and your photographer has to work with them.

Our wedding is confirmed for May 24, 2015 on the Sensation. I decided to go through a travel agent so my family and friends could do payment plans. As of today we have 67 people sailing with us and 5 non-sailing guest. I am sure this will change several times before then. Any advice you can give would truly help.

Our wedding is confirmed for May 24, 2015 on the Sensation. I decided to go through a travel agent so my family and friends could do payment plans. As of today we have 67 people sailing with us and 5 non-sailing guest. I am sure this will change several times before then. Any advice you can give would truly help.

Welcome fellow sensation bride!

67 guests! Dang you're brave! I thought 40 was bad. LOL it's becoming easier and easier but also still a logistical nightmare. hahaha

Wanted to post an update! We have done so much since my last post. We are sailing April 20, 2015 on the Carnival Fascination and are getting married on embarkation day. Here's where we are so far:

Cruise booked

Wedding booked

DJ reserved

Dress, accessories, etc purchased

Still need to get:

OOT Bags

Charter the bus

Groom's Tux

Pick out the bridesmaids dresses (appt on 9/21)

Find a hair stylest

Waiting on the contracts from the hotels to come back

We have 37 guests booked, and expect to be around 50-54 guests when it's all said and done.

I'm still trying to come up with alternate ideas for the ice sculpture as a close friend said she requested that Carnival have margarita coming out of hers and it worked out really well! So I am just trying to pick some ideas to present to Carnival so they can see if they fulfill that request.

I'm sure there is tons more to do....but anyway! I'm not stressed, just taking one thing on at a time.

Any updates?!

So far, I have the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses. I plan on ordering the invitations next month and dropping the dresses off to be altered at the end of September.

How're your plans coming along?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi everyone!!

I feel like it has been AGES since I've had time to visit this board. Things have finally slowed down for me this summer and today is ONE YEAR from our wedding date so I decided that I would catch up with you gals and guys this morning. :-) As of today we have 29 booked guests (and we anticipate at least another 20) and 7 guests driving/flying to Key West for the wedding.

A few things I'm stressing about:

- The price for our sailing is starting to change (there was a drop this week) so I'm somewhat anxious about making sure that our guests understand what to do to get the price adjusted and how OBC works.

- Like DustinandStacey said in an earlier post: I am having a hard time getting FIs family to book right now. They were all "going to book as soon as you two do", but here we are 3 months later and they have yet to make a move. They are all going to book inside cabins and with the new pricing I am anticipating that people are going to start snatching up interiors (because they are dirt cheap).

- Airfare will be available soon and I have NO idea how to even begin dealing with that. Nearly everyone that is booked thus far wants to travel to FL with us - which is awesome - but I'm so nervous about choosing the right flights for such a large group of people and getting it at the cheapest price.

On a positive note:

- I would say 15 of the guests that are booked so far were people we never expected would come - so that's awesome!

- Ceremony wise I feel relaxed because we've booked everything and I trust our coordinator, so no major worries there.

- October 4 my girls and I go dress shopping! :-) I've gotten my eating habits back in check and I've lost 5# in the past 2 weeks. My goal was to loose 10 before I went dress shopping - so half way there.

I am glad to see that there are so many new people here with a verity of cruise lines. I know that as stressed as we may get our days will be perfect and everything we dreamed of. Happy planning!

We booked our flights on Tuesday. That seems to be the day of the week that most airlines have the best prices. Indianapolis, IN to Orlando, FL roundtrip for two, $516.40. Flying in and out on a Saturday each way. I prefer southwest when I fly because of the baggage policy. I checked prices on another airline and once I added in the baggage fees southwest was cheaper.

I have worried about traveling with my dress but I got it yesterday and the box it shipped in was about half the size of the boxes reams of paper ship in. I hung it up for half an hour and all the wrinkles just fell out so I am no longer worried. I think I could crumple it up in a back pack to transport it and I would be golden. That was one of the reasons I chose to go with a tulle and lace outer skirt and bodice, to keep wrinkles at a minimum.

We are just under the five month mark and things are moving along. I made most of the kilt pins we are using in lieu of boutonieres. I am just waiting on the T.A.R.D.I.S charms for them to come in and they will be finished. The brooches from my friends have started rolling in to make my bouquet. The last brooch for the mothers in lieu of corsages should be here this week also.

Livid. Carnival just switched our ships.......complete downgrade not happy. I am literally fuming right now. Someone please tell me things will be fine because yes to most people a change of ship is not a big deal but when you are promising your 20 guests who have already booked that they are getting 2.0 upgrades and are just getting a mediocre ship.......not cool.

They switched mine as well, now I'm on the liberty I think. I'm not happy because I have a great room that I know I won't get on this ship. And they won't offer me an upgrade or anything. I have to call back next week to find out where I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Listen, it is my wedding as it is yours. I understand your frustration because like myself, we have been dreaming about this day for quite some time. I'm sorry you're upset about being switched. I am upset about other things. No need to be mean to each other.

I'm sorry I took what you said the wrong way. I'm sorry you're having to go through what you are. If you get a chance to get a different room, ask if 9201 is available. It's beautiful ocean view with floor to ceiling windows.

Update: So the last couple of days were a little rough, to catch those up to speed, Our ship the Carnival Liberty has now since been switched to the Carnival Valor. I spent numerous hours on the phone trying to get justification and possibly compensation for numerous items I have already made with the Liberty name on it...... I finally got a hold of someone that will look into it for me. The main reason I am so upset is that, the Liberty was the ship we wanted to book and we chose the days around the ship not the other way around. The Liberty has the 2.0 upgrade and that was something we were really looking forward to. It's been hard to explain to our guests that the things they were hoping for (guys burger joint, EA sports bar, redfrog and blue iguana) won't be there. In looking at the ship difference, I liked the look of the Liberty better and had been spending the better part of the year planning to be on board that ship. Thankfully the Valor is her sister ship so besides the decor and 2.0 upgrades everything remains the same and yes the 9201 room is pretty dang cool but I haven't decided if we want to give up our balcony for it.... decisions decisions.

I have come to the realization that this might be one of the many setbacks we may have in this process....annoying? Yes. But that is part of being a cruise bride is that you have to let the little things go and realize that marrying your best friend is the most important part. Sometimes I think we all need to take a step back in the planning process and see that again. It almost becomes a chore to plan this wedding and I don't want it to be that way. My FH and I created "Married Mondays" Lol where we go out on a date every other Monday whether it's just a small dinner or a dinner and movie or a night out it really has helped relieve some of the daily stress that we have and we can connect again.

As far as the planning goes,

-Dress picked up and hiding in the closet in a spare room!

-Jewelery for myself purchased and picking up b-maids on Monday.

-Reception is still the same on the Valor so that is set.

-Putting down a deposit on ceremony next week.

-Block of rooms in Orlando has been booked.

-Still trying to figure out transportation.....We are paying for the bus to the ceremony is it necessary to help everyone find transportation from airport to hotel as well?

Well that is where I stand right now. I keep buying accessories along the way as well as beach themed candles or decor for our at home reception. Right now is a good time to stock up on sandals or beach wear while it is on clearance!!! :) I'm from Minnesota so I don't know about elsewhere but it starts to get cool here in about 2-3 weeks so all the warm weather stuff is dirt cheap. I got 3 pairs of sandals yesterday at Gordman's for 2.50 a piece! Hooray! :) Hope all is well future brides and/or grooms!

Stacy: so glad you've found your focus about the ultimate goal of marrying your best friend again. It definitely sounds like you've found your good so hang onto that as this process goes on. In the end that's where the lifetime begins and that is what truly matters.

As for transport, many of the hotels have a shuttle they can use to the port. Or you can look into a transfer company that offers vans. I really think it is your job to give them the info, offer to schedule it and then they can either RSVP and pay per person for vans or arrange their own transportation. Since some may want to be on the ship asap and some may want to come later in the embarkation process. Not getting married on embarkation day makes this more their choice.

I'm happy you're feeling a little better about the situation. You will have an amazing wedding and everyone will enjoy themselves.

The 6k rooms(9201) are so rare as there are only 2 on the ship, if you could get it, I would. balconies are a dime a dozen ;)

I'm glad I don't have my dress yet, I would be trying it on literally everyday hahah. It is ordered though, should be here in November. I also have to order my invitations. I didn't put anything about the cruise on the save the date because I figure a majority of the people are going to fly there if they are going. I never did the Facebook group. I just thought it might be too tacky for some reason even though it would help.

All my deposits are down, including finally putting the money down for the photography. Now all I do is wait. I'm not booking the plane ticket anytime soon. I just want to start getting some details figured out.

I'm happy you're feeling a little better about the situation. You will have an amazing wedding and everyone will enjoy themselves.

The 6k rooms(9201) are so rare as there are only 2 on the ship, if you could get it, I would. balconies are a dime a dozen ;)

I'm glad I don't have my dress yet, I would be trying it on literally everyday hahah. It is ordered though, should be here in November. I also have to order my invitations. I didn't put anything about the cruise on the save the date because I figure a majority of the people are going to fly there if they are going. I never did the Facebook group. I just thought it might be too tacky for some reason even though it would help.

All my deposits are down, including finally putting the money down for the photography. Now all I do is wait. I'm not booking the plane ticket anytime soon. I just want to start getting some details figured out.

I debated many many days about a fb group and although yes super tacky we ended up doing it anyway. It turns out, PEOPLE LOVE IT! It's super quick and easy to add updates as we go along and since I hoped everyone would check out our website (222 people have but who knows how many times that was me lol) I decided everyone checks fb so at least they can't say they didn't see it! So I say go with whatever is best for you. If people need immediate attention they will see it better that way. I invited a group of 90 originally too so it's been really helpful and it turns out around 40 are coming so that is a plus.

As far as transportation goes, here's where it gets tricky.... we are not getting married on embarkation day which is helpful as far as timing goes but Orlando airport is an hour away from the Port and I am having everyone arrive the day before as the grooms dinner will be Saturday night and we are leaving on the ship on Sunday. So from Orlando to the hotel it's 20 miles (for some reason the airport is far from everything) and then from the hotel to the port is another hour. It's easiest if people rent cars because it is not that expensive and I'm sure people will want to visit Disney and what not the day before anyway so I'm just wondering how to address this. I think I'm just worried about having people pay for stuff but if I put up different options then everything should be Ok I hope!!! :)

Why did they change your ship

That seems strange and yes imagine would upset a lot if issues already organised

Carnival does these things. From what I know of how it works, basically Floridians cruise a lot. The locals spend quite a bit of time on the ships.... so when they have gone on the same one a few times they think it's time to change it up and "freshen" up the port. So they just switch ships out. I just wish they would figure it out before putting up reservations for people because it is annoying. Plus side at least it's a similar ship.