2015 Brides!

I see you are getting married on the Sensation - and we have made the decision to do the same! I've been on that ship twice, my fiance once, and we both decided a 3 night cruise would make a great weekend getaway with our guests. We were originally thinking of a 7 night - but with the number we are inviting - 3 nights just made sense for them time wise and financially. We are finalizing our date choices this weekend, and calling to book early next week. I am so excited!

How exciting! We chose Port Canaveral as our sailing point because we want to spend time at the space center when we return from the cruise... Yes we fly our nerdy Geek flags high lol After that we decided a four day to the Bahamas made a good choice for similar reasons, financially and we have invited several first time cruisers.

How exciting! We chose Port Canaveral as our sailing point because we want to spend time at the space center when we return from the cruise... Yes we fly our nerdy Geek flags high lol After that we decided a four day to the Bahamas made a good choice for similar reasons, financially and we have invited several first time cruisers.

I have only sailed from Port Canaveral, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it is always so organized and fast. I attended a wedding cruise out of PC in 2012 and felt so comfortable with how everything ran. I told the coordinators during the reception that when I got married I'd be calling them, haha! We are working on our save the dates already and will finalize once the date is official - we are sending something cute, but also including a mailer with tons of information. We will have a lot of first time cruisers too so I'm expecting lots of questions and concerns. I'm just so excited - I'm from a small town and everyone here does the same type weddings and that is just not me at all! Keep me posted on your wedding, I know it will be great!

About 3 weeks they say. Hopefully... lol. I am just assuming towards the end of August or first of September.

Well that's ok

When they say four months for critical items like this I panic

Where is your wedding going to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So cool. On embarkation day?

Have you got many coming

I want to see some photos when you put some up please

Yes embarkation day, January 25th. So far it looks like the wedding attendees will be about 9 people. We chose to do the package that includes a 4 course sit down meal and limited guests. Our parents won't be sailing. Actually most of our guests at the wedding won't be sailing. We are paying for few extra people to attend. We invited all our friends and family to cruise with us though. That group is sitting at about 12 right now.

I will definitely do a photo review when we return because there aren't many reviews of this particular package when you come to the forums.

Yes embarkation day, January 25th. So far it looks like the wedding attendees will be about 9 people. We chose to do the package that includes a 4 course sit down meal and limited guests. Our parents won't be sailing. Actually most of our guests at the wedding won't be sailing. We are paying for few extra people to attend. We invited all our friends and family to cruise with us though. That group is sitting at about 12 right now.

I will definitely do a photo review when we return because there aren't many reviews of this particular package when you come to the forums.

12 sounds a nice number

Could imagine cruising on a honeymoon with 40-50 guests

January 25

Wow is so only just around the corner for you

How is the rest of your planning going

Greg

I know I need to break down and make a list but with all the details it is super overwhelming. (sand ceremony, flowers, jewelery, shoes, music, reception details) the list goes on and on..... wooftah.

I found a spreadsheet on here that someone has made a long time ago.. If you're interested, I can find it for you :)

Weekly Update! I'm trying to get on this thread at least once a week to see where everyone is at!

Dress payment= Check! 1 more payment and then pickup on the 25th!

Reception on board the Carnival Liberty= Check! Booked and paid for! $950.00 we decided on the 2 hour package because we heard it just goes by so quickly.

Ceremony= no check. :( Still trying to gather all the information. We are doing a on beach ceremony while in Nassau.

Bookings= Check for a few. So far 4 rooms booked, 10 confirmed guests so far with possibly around 20-25 more.

So that's what we've gotten done this week. Here's to next week! I think I'm working on ceremony details and updating the website all the time!

How are you guys sitting?

Also I received all my booking info for the reception if anyone has questions on that! :)

The wedding, reception, and dress are paid for. Just waiting on delivery of the dress.

Today I started pricing flights for my youngest son to come from Japan. Our flights will likely be our next purchase. We have hotels and rental car taken care of for before and after. Still need to book airport to hotel transfer for the day before the wedding.

Still waiting on RSVPs from several people.

The wedding, reception, and dress are paid for. Just waiting on delivery of the dress.

Today I started pricing flights for my youngest son to come from Japan. Our flights will likely be our next purchase. We have hotels and rental car taken care of for before and after. Still need to book airport to hotel transfer for the day before the wedding.

Still waiting on RSVPs from several people.

How are your feelings on transportation.....here's why I ask.....

So Port Canaveral is an hour away from Orlando (which is where everyone is flying in) Now we requested everyone to arrive a day early (grooms dinner on Saturday, we depart on Sunday) and I have two problems.....1. The hotel is 30 min from the airport (so we need transportation there) and 2. The port is an hour away...do guest expect transportation to be paid for or do we offer rental car options or do we book a bus and state X.XX amount per person for the bus.... options options. Any thoughts guys!?

How are your feelings on transportation.....here's why I ask.....

So Port Canaveral is an hour away from Orlando (which is where everyone is flying in) Now we requested everyone to arrive a day early (grooms dinner on Saturday, we depart on Sunday) and I have two problems.....1. The hotel is 30 min from the airport (so we need transportation there) and 2. The port is an hour away...do guest expect transportation to be paid for or do we offer rental car options or do we book a bus and state X.XX amount per person for the bus.... options options. Any thoughts guys!?

We are staying at the Radisson at the port the night before the wedding. I have given them all transport info to arrange for their own as we will all be arranging our flights and they will all be different. My mother, Step Father, Brother and nephew are Staying in Daytona the night before the wedding so they will drive down. My Future MIL and Step FIL will be most likely staying where we stay. My DF and I are taking a taxi to the port on Sunday and will share with them if they would like to. As for my Father, his girlfriend and my sons, we don't have arrangements from them yet. For friends and family coming in day of I have given them the shuttle info but warned them that they HAVE to be at the port by 10 am or they cannot attend.

If they are all coming in with you then I would contact a transport company with passenger vans and let each person know how much per person if they wish to ride or wish to arrange their own transportation. Make those RSVPs due the same time as the wedding RSVPs

Woohoo!

Our wedding cruise is confirmed for June 11, 2015 on the Carnival Sensation! We chose a 3 night cruise to encourage lots of friends/family to cruise with us. I am hoping for a good response. Right now everyone seems excited, but it always comes down to the wire on who is willing to spend the money. Everyone on this forum has been so helpful with the information they have posted!

I was MIA for a few months graduating nursing school and studying for my boards but now that that is over it feel like all wedding all the time! I posted earlier that our date is January 3rd out of Miami and so this is where I am at now:

- down payment on cruise and wedding paid

- Airfare booked

- hotel chosen and booked for us

- hair stylist chosen

- silk bouquets purchased

LOTS to do but currently working on:

- OOT bags

- picking out invitations

- reserve men's attire

- getting the slow poke cruisers booked

Current Count:

66 guests total-

32 cruising (only 21 booked yet UGH)

31 non-cruising

Questions:

- Are you going to risk NOT paying for the Lido lunch for your non-sailing guests and hoping that they can sneak in or are you going to pay?

- Any luck with Carnival wedding department and allowing outside photography?

Just a little over 4 months away!!