Vision aft deck 7 vs deck 8

Looking to book a cruise on Vision of the Seas and I am looking at aft cabins as we spend a lot of time on the balcony. I can get either the starboard corner D1 on deck 7 or the corner JS on deck 8. The price difference is approximately $500. The balconies look almost the same size, of course I know the JS would be larger inside. My questions is, is noise a problem with the deck 7 cabins. I notice that deck 7 is directly above a lounge, but it appears the Diamond Club is under the starboard corner. Any feedback from recent Vision cruisers would be greatly appreciated.

We sailed Enchantment (same class - layout very similar) in a JS under the Solarium. NEVER AGAIN !!

The noise from the Solarium itself was not a problem .,.. BUT ...

All night long there were carts being pushed across the tiled/grouted floor overhead. Our "neighbors all said it was the same for them. It sounded like a freight train and was loud enough to wake us 5-10 times a night, every night.

We fussed and fussed at customer service every day until day 5 of a 10 day trip it finally got better. We kept saying we didn't want to be unreasonable - just wanted to sleep from midnight to 6am. The rest of the cruise was wonderful!

Remember, I'm just speaking of the JS's directly under the Solarium - but thought it might be well to mention it in case your plans change.:)

Looking to book a cruise on Vision of the Seas and I am looking at aft cabins as we spend a lot of time on the balcony. I can get either the starboard corner D1 on deck 7 or the corner JS on deck 8. The price difference is approximately $500. The balconies look almost the same size, of course I know the JS would be larger inside. My questions is, is noise a problem with the deck 7 cabins. I notice that deck 7 is directly above a lounge, but it appears the Diamond Club is under the starboard corner. Any feedback from recent Vision cruisers would be greatly appreciated.

Vision and Grandeur are sister ships so have a lot in common. We were on deck 7 on Grandeur and deck 8 on Vision.

We were on Grandeur of the Seas AFT JS 7654 last year. One night we did have noise from the South Pacific Lounge which was just below us. (It would be the Some Enchanted Evening Lounge on Vision but had the same type of music as Grandeur had last year.) Had friends this year on Vision that were in AFT JS 7150 they said there was no noise. It is above the Diamond Club.

We were on Vision in March in AFT JS 8588. We had no noise problem. We also had friends that were in JS 8568 and had cart noise from early morning into the night. They said that they would not get a room lower than 8574 due to the noise.

I would go with deck 8 before I would go with 7 again! From what we have read, we were lucky with not having too much noise from the South Pacific Lounge.

Hope you enjoy what ever cabin you decide to get for your cruise!

Just got home from our cruise on the Vision of the Seas and we were in the Junior Suite aft 8588. Loved it! Only heard slight rumble of the engine the first day/night on the way to Cartagena but it was not bad at all. The room was great and large balcony. We went directly under the Spa (the relaxation room) and never heard anything above us.

Just got home from our cruise on the Vision of the Seas and we were in the Junior Suite aft 8588. Loved it! Only heard slight rumble of the engine the first day/night on the way to Cartagena but it was not bad at all. The room was great and large balcony. We went directly under the Spa (the relaxation room) and never heard anything above us.

Awesome! We are in 8588 in May..& I see we are both from Indy..How cool! Thanks for the recent update!! We are in Avon..Small world..lol:)